Print Thread
Rate Thread
Best and cheapest vacation ever.
#215167 07/14/08 12:17 PM
Murph Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Back from a 2 week vacation. I managed to avoid turning my computer(s) on the entire time. OK one is always on to feed music to my squeezebox but the screen never got activated.

The weather was between 28 and 32 celcius every day. It rained only twice for only a few hours each time. My wife only had a few days off so I was Jeepless on most days sooo I'd watch the Ospreys dive for fish for a bit while I sipped my coffee then go kayaking to cool down as it's always much cooler offshore. Most days I packed a lunch and a book and would pull into the beach along the way in a few spots I almost always have completely to myself. Take a swim to cool off, read a book on the sand, remember that with my nice healthy lunch, I also packed in one cold beer to treat myself with. Paddle home to spend the evening relaxing on the deck with a cold one and whatever required barbecuing. Rough days, I tell you.

A couple of days my wife was off we went biking on the Rails to Trails. When I was too young to remember, they discontinued trains on PEI. All the trails have been converted to walking and biking trails. You can basically go from one end of the Island to the other on nicely maintained trails that have no steep hills at all because they were built for trains. Most people, including us, do a smaller section at a time. Tip to tip would take you all day, one way, and you would have to maintain a professional pace.

I did suffer through the one annual day of taking my wife to a bunch of craft stores. Luckily, this was the one kinda cloudy, but still hot, day when it rained a bit in the morning. Otherwise it was a nice drive around the north shore with the top down on the Jeep. If you have to do craft stores, this is the way to go.

The work I kept putting off (like finishing the drywall in my new HT room) never did get done because the weather stayed awesome. That's not really such a bad thing though, after all, it was vacation.

The only money I spent was the three nights of concerts that kicked it all off. Awesome bands! Really helped to get me into vacation spirit and reduce the normal lag time when you still have work on the brain.

OK, too much detail but I totally am having trouble concentrating on yet another conference while I wait for them to get to the section where it actually has some relevance to my dept. or maybe my brain is still out there on the beach....

Looks like I missed some Muppet fun. I look forward to finding a post somewhere that probably sparked it off.

Kinda missed you folks. Damn seagulls pay no attention to my long winded ramblings.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Re: Best and cheapest vacation ever.
Murph #215170 07/14/08 12:55 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Damn seagulls pay no attention to my long winded ramblings.

Neither do we. ;\)

Just kidding, of course. Sounds like a great time. Except for the craft stores. I feel your pain on that one but I'm lucky in that on those rare occasions that my wife has to do that, she usually goes on her own. Or I sit in a quiet corner and read the Axiom forums on my iPhone ;). Always nice to get away from the 'real world' for a week or two.

I too am going through the Monday-morning-return-after-a-week-of-vacation emotions too. At least I have our Axiom board to keep me sane.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617