AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
3 registered (FrankeeD, alan, medic8r), 121 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22824 Topics
403213 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17740
pmbuko 16258
SirQuack 13318
CV 11139
MarkSJohnson 10831
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 169 of 171 < 1 2 ... 167 168 169 170 171 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#402797 - 04/10/14 08:09 AM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: terzaghi]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Sitting down somewhere
Anyone else playing The Elder Scrolls Online?

#402800 - 04/10/14 09:48 AM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: terzaghi]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
I thought about it Cam as I used to be a big MMORPG guy. Then I started reading some reviews that all seemed to agree that they pretty much followed the classic MMORPG formula to the letter, offering nothing new in the experience except an Elder Scrolls look to the world. One of my regular MMO buddies played in the beta and said the same.

Let me know what you think though. I'm still tempted and might still be interested if it had more to offer that what I hear so far. I'm sure it's a great game. i just really need something new before I invest in another big time/money sink type game.

I have hopes for "Everquest Next" when it eventually rolls out. Sounds like they are doing some really neat AI stuff. For instance, no longer will you always find mob boss A at sight A. If players kill him a few times there, he will catch on and move to a new location which he may choose to defend entirely differently. Should take a lot of the repetition and the 'everyone knows you use this formula for the win' out of the game.

The ability for players to basically 'minecraft' thier own castles, dungeons, etc and such should also be interesting.

This worked really well in "D&D Online" where many of the player created quests quickly surpassed the built in ones for interesting story-lines, imaginative puzzles, etc. Unfortunately the game engine itself was so old-school, it never made it big as other than the player built stuff, it looked and felt like a step backwards.

#402811 - 04/10/14 03:34 PM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: Murph]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I bought Bioshock Infinity last week -- on sale for $7.99! -- and beat it in about four long sessions. smile Fantastic game. I should probably play Bioshock 2 now.

#402826 - 04/10/14 09:10 PM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: terzaghi]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
I recently finished Bioshock Infinite and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Peter, you got it for a steal at 7.99!

#402828 - 04/10/14 11:20 PM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: St_PatGuy]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Oops, did I say Infinity? Yeah.

I want a metal pinky cap.

#402839 - 04/11/14 09:15 AM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_Pimp

Maxed out at what resolution, how does she look and play? Is it glitchy at all? Bethesda games usually roll out with a lot of bugs.

-Max Payne

#402840 - 04/11/14 10:38 AM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: BlueJays1]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: Murph
I thought about it Cam as I used to be a big MMORPG guy. Then I started reading some reviews that all seemed to agree that they pretty much followed the classic MMORPG formula to the letter, offering nothing new in the experience except an Elder Scrolls look to the world. One of my regular MMO buddies played in the beta and said the same.

Yup, it's just like a Skyrim Star Wars. It's my first MMORPG, so it's new for me. It's quite difficult for me to play because I can't button spam my abilities and move my character simultaneously, thus I'm constantly taking damage and I die alot frown .
Originally Posted By: BlueJays1

Maxed out at what resolution, how does she look and play? Is it glitchy at all? Bethesda games usually roll out with a lot of bugs.

Everything is maxed out at 1920x1080. It looks phenomenal and plays perfectly. The world is visually stunning.

I haven't noticed any glitches despite many people reporting there are. It HAS crashed on me twice, and I can't add a friend (he can't add me either).

#402845 - 04/11/14 11:59 AM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: Murph

Yup, it's just like a Skyrim Star Wars. It's my first MMORPG, so it's new for me. It's quite difficult for me to play because I can't button spam my abilities and move my character simultaneously, thus I'm constantly taking damage and I die alot frown .

Everything is maxed out at 1920x1080. It looks phenomenal and plays perfectly. The world is visually stunning.

I haven't noticed any glitches despite many people reporting there are. It HAS crashed on me twice, and I can't add a friend (he can't add me either).

Very nice! Good to hear about the lack of crashing. Yeah it's nice installing new games now and having the game report back your recommended settings are Ultra High @ 1080p.

Have you ran 3dmark on your PC? Just curious what your bench mark score is. You have a sick rig bro.

-Max Payne

#402852 - 04/11/14 01:30 PM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: BlueJays1]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Very nice! Good to hear about the lack of crashing. Yeah it's nice installing new games now and having the game report back your recommended settings are Ultra High @ 1080p.

Have you ran 3dmark on your PC? Just curious what your bench mark score is. You have a sick rig bro.

I've ran 3dmark and others, but now I use Unique Valley Benchmark instead. It's superior to 3dmark.

#402854 - 04/11/14 02:06 PM Re: What video games are you playing tonight? [Re: terzaghi]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Here's my score -

Page 169 of 171 < 1 2 ... 167 168 169 170 171 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.