Axiom service comes through,....again
#224346 10/07/08 10:33 PM
I
ihifi Offline OP
local
OP Offline
local
I
I had bought the A1400-8 almost a year ago from the second batch of amps when they first came out. It has been working flawlessly in our HT room, bringing tears to my eyes with its sound fidelity (and to my wife's because of its cost!...just kidding...she actually encouraged me to buy it, knowing how happy I was with Axiom's speakers). We rarely use the HT room at about once every weekend or two to watch a movie. About two weekends ago, there was no output from any of the amp's channels. I used to hear a relatively distinct clicking about three seconds into powering it followed by output to the channels. Well, there was no clicking anymore. It's as if a relay decided not to work anymore. My heart sank and, after a sleepless weekend, I e-mailed Axiom first thing Monday morning and described the problem. About an hour later, JC responded and indicated that a relay in the earlier units has been known to cause this problem. Axiom apparently specified a change in this relay in subsequent units. JC reassured me and, on the same day, he mailed a new amp and sent me prepaid labels for return of my original amp back to Axiom. I received the new amp on that Thursday, and we watched a movie in our HT room that weekend, without missing a beat. Although the warranty is five years on the amp, JC further assured me that if there was any problem with the amp beyond its warranty period from a component failure, Axiom will ensure that it gets fixed.

What can I say. I am simply grateful to Axiom for its outsanding products and exemplary customer service.

John

John
Our HT

Re: Axiom service comes through,....again
ihifi #224350 10/07/08 10:48 PM
M
MCL Offline
buff
buff
M
That is fantastic and really makes customers loyal. I just dove into upgrading our cheap-o HT with Axioms. I knew nothing about it and ordered a VP150 first. Apparently, my four year old, very cheap Yamaha receiver was so underpowered that it sort of destroyed the tweeters. I didn't know what had happened and could not get the scratchiness to go away. Finally, I called Axiom and they recommended I get a better receiver. That lead to a purchase of an Onkyo 805 off of Amazon($650!) Still had the scratchiness. Another call to Axiom and two tweeters were in the mail, no charge. Awesome. Even though I screwed it up, they fixed it free of charge. I will be spending quite a bit more money with them....

MCL #224364 10/07/08 11:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I do not know of any other company out there that has better customer service than Axiom. These stories make me very happy that I am an Axiom owner.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
MCL #224366 10/08/08 12:09 AM
M
MCL Offline
buff
buff
M
 Originally Posted By: MCL
That is fantastic and really makes customers loyal. I just dove into upgrading our cheap-o HT with Axioms. I knew nothing about it and ordered a VP150 first. Apparently, my four year old, very cheap Yamaha receiver was so underpowered that it sort of destroyed the tweeters. I didn't know what had happened and could not get the scratchiness to go away. Finally, I called Axiom and they recommended I get a better receiver. That lead to a purchase of an Onkyo 805 off of Amazon($650!) Still had the scratchiness. Another call to Axiom and two tweeters were in the mail, no charge. Awesome. Even though I screwed it up, they fixed it free of charge. I will be spending quite a bit more money with them....

I meant it was cheap by the ($650!)

MCL #224374 10/08/08 12:46 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Quote:
Apparently, my four year old, very cheap Yamaha receiver was so underpowered that it sort of destroyed the tweeters.

I have read many times about this being a possibility, but its the first time I have run into anybody who had it happen.

Thats top notch customer service and smart business as it sends out a clear message that Axiom stands behind their products and customers.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #224389 10/08/08 02:05 AM
J
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
J
I guess that is why Axiom doesn't have Yamaha on it's approved list and as the VP150 is a 6 ohm load, the amp most likely clipped. Kudos to Axiom for the quick fix.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #224390 10/08/08 02:14 AM
M
MCL Offline
buff
buff
M
Amen.

MCL #224431 10/08/08 12:33 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Axiom customer service is outstanding.

Dave
DaveG #225028 10/12/08 12:06 PM
old hand
old hand
The same thing happened to my 1400-8 amp. One day it took 3 attempts to turn on, and next a loud noise shot from the speakers while listening to a CD – then the next…nothing.
I called Axiom and they dispatched a new one with 24hrs., then arrived the next day after that!
However, three was a problem with one of the channel inputs (something was blocking the banana plug from staying in. I called and Axiom came through again and sent another one out that day.
However, the stupid US customs held it and I had to fight them to release it and get weekend delivery. Thankfully after making 7 calls on Friday (being disconnected twice) it finally was delivered on Saturday – and thankfully all seems fine as of this writing on Sunday morning.
I first purchased my amp in February of 08’ and since then I have only had complete support from Axiom and they have responded professionally, and swiftly with no questions asked (except to better understand the nature of the problem). Each time I spoke to a person it was a pleasure, even during the weirdness of dealing with customs.
All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
- Scott

ditcin #225029 10/12/08 12:47 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Axiom could write a book on how to make "customers for life." I hear this overused buzzword all the time in my professional life, but few companies have the policies and dedication in the end to actually make it happen. Axiom has found the formula (and more importantly, the people) to make it work, and it's great to see the positive results for them. \:\)

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry
myrison #225030 10/12/08 01:01 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Axiom products are outstanding at their price point, and the customer support is terrific. I will certainly continue to be their customer.

Dave
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020