Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: It's Official!
80'sMan #226624 10/24/08 05:13 AM
D
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
D
Just checking in to report the progress of my day with my new system. First thing I did after guzzeling 20oz of home brew coffee was unpack and inspect all speakers. That was a big job all in itself. Even though my whole purchase(M60's,QS8's,EP500,VP150)was from the factory outlet the speakers arrived in excellent condition with only a subtle blemish or two. I immediately wired up the M60's and was very impressed with the clean detailed and well balanced sound that permiated the room. Next was the sub. I placed the EP500 in the right rear corner of my room firing into the side wall(don't worry I will post pics when complete). I used a 1" drill bit and drilled through my floor to run 30ft rca cable through my unfinished basement and back up through the floor to my receiver. I adjusted the sub acording to the manual and was pleased with the bass the sub immediately produced. The center speaker was also connected which further enhanced the upper frequency range. I need more time to fabricate an enclosure/shelf so my tv can sit ontop of and allow the center speaker to fit into my tv stand. Unfortunately I wont't have time to audition/install QS8's until Tuesday of next week. This should prove to be challenging as I will attempt to mount the speakers to the rear wall and run the wires through the wall under the floor and back up to the receiver. Last will be speaker calibration and tweaking. I read all my manuals, took my time with the wiring using banana plugs and moved the towers and sub around to find a nice blend. I am thoroughly pleased so far and haven't even calibrated the speakers and optimized sub placement yet. Thanks for everyone's input. To be continued.

Demetrios
Re: It's Official!
demetman #226664 10/24/08 02:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Awesome Demetrios, congrats! Sounds like you've been very busy. We'll look forward to the pictures.

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020