Print Thread
Rate Thread
M2 Audition
#228085 11/02/08 03:03 PM
fredk Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
The last time my brother was at my place he made the comment that he really needed to pick up a new set of speakers now that the Advents are dead.

Yesterday I went to visit him so I took the M2s for a ride.

He still has the 30 year old integrated amp so we hooked the speakers up to that. I hadn't listened to the M2s on their own so I was curious to know how they sounded.

When we first fired them I was rather dissapointed until I realized that the right channel wasn't working properly. Long story short it turned out the right chanel on the amp is dying, but we managed to get about a half hour of sound out of it.

I thought the M2s sounded quite good. The midrange is very good and the high end is very clean even if not as detailed as the M80s (big surprise). The bass was, well, bookshelf base and I would say the only weakness in this speaker even if it is more a function of size than anything else.

They did a good job in his 12 x 14 room and offered a decent sound stage. After my M80s, they sound small, but thats the same reaction I had to other small booksehlves like the Paradigm studio 20s and the Totem Rainmakers.

FYI the demo material was Bob Marley and African Guitar Summit. The latter is a 'super group' of african artists living in Canada.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Re: M2 Audition
fredk #228095 11/02/08 04:17 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Very good, Fred. Sometimes I think the M2s get overlooked. And, like you said, we have to keep in mind that some speakers can only perform within their physical limitations. Of course the M2s are a little shy on bass, but I'm sure they replicate music as best they can within their given frequency range.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,353 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup