I haved been gradually ripping cds to disc using Media Monkey and have run into a couple of quirks.

I had some tagging fun with one of my discs when the auto tag feature pulled up info for it where there were only two track titles were listed. I ended up with track one as an unknown album and track two with the artist as the album title. So, one disc, three locations. It took me a while to figure it out and edit entries so that everything was back in one place where it started.

The other is more of an issue. I spun up Led Zeppelin IV. The transition from Stairway to heaven and Misty Mountain Hop, cutting off the last word in the last line of the song and jumping ahead to the next song. In Stairway to Heaven there is a pause between the last two words and I am guessing that the ripping software interpreted this as the end of the song and cut out the last word. Not impressed.

Iam guessing by its title, Exact Audio Copy will not resort to such sillyness.

Overall, my reaction to Media Monkey is Meh. In my mind, with software like this, the interface is everything and I like a simple clean interface that I can expand to show more complexity ONLY when I need it to. The interface is just too cluttered.

For instance, when I select the Jazz Genre I expect a listing of artists or discs to appear in the middle pane. That would be the next level down. Instead I get a list of every track in the Genre. Thats not what I was looking for. Maybe this can be adjusted in the filter setup, but I don't want to spend money to find out its not.

Maybe some of this stuff is just me not being familiar with the program, but the flac ripping is a major oops.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!