AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (BBIBH, Ajax), 44 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22894 Topics
404572 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16275
SirQuack 13335
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10898
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24467 - 11/05/03 01:29 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
JimmyTango Offline
veteran

More cliche's after cliche's.

Hey, we KNOW. Neo is liek Christ. We see how you are relating the religious part into it.

NOW STOP HITTING US OVER THE HEAD WITH IT.

Seriously, when a movie has to keep slapping you on theside of the head reminding you that a character is supposed to be like story of Christ, you have a serious problem with plot and character developement.

#24468 - 11/05/03 01:49 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Looks like somebody has a case of the Wednesdays...

I really don't understand how anyone can get so worked (negatively) about a movie. Can you explain why you find it so annoying?

Edited by pmbuko (11/05/03 01:53 PM)

#24469 - 11/05/03 01:59 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
JasonG Offline
local

Loc: central Ohio
Not enough flair.

#24470 - 11/05/03 02:02 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
JimmyTango Offline
veteran

I am sorry. I will instead get very happy because it had the name Matrix in it.

I really do not understand why someone can not have an opinion on this movie that is not good. I am not worked(as in worked up, heated), caps are used to show emphasis.

#24471 - 11/05/03 02:14 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I'm not saying you can't have an opinion. (Why do people always say that when anyone asks them to explain their point of view?) In fact, I respect your opinion. Not enough people question the things they're being force-fed by pop culture.

The fact that The Matrix is a gargantuan Hollywood ploy to suck money out of your pockets should be enough to turn most people off to it -- the MPAA is just as bad as the RIAA.

However, some escapism once in a while is not unhealthy. And there's no better place to find escapism than in Hollywood movies.

#24472 - 11/05/03 02:19 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
I've never really thought about the Christ parallel. It's been pointed out to me, but it just seems silly to me. But that's probably because I find christianity in general silly. Taken as a whole, the Matrix Trilogy is just a good old fashioned Good vs. Evil story. Much like Star Wars, or The Lord of the Rings is. It's not nearly as deep as people are trying to make it out.

I totally agree that Reloaded was a non-stop barrage of cliches. It was a pretty terrible movie. Lots of neat effects and stunts, but all at the expense of the story. Revolutions goes back to the story and lets the excitement of the story carry the film, rather than the excitement of the stunts carry the story. It really is much better than Reloaded.

#24473 - 11/05/03 02:59 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
JasonG Offline
local

Loc: central Ohio
I was attempting to continue the Office Space joke, and did not mean to judge your opinion of the movie.

I have no opinion, as I haven't seen it yet.

#24474 - 11/05/03 03:14 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

In reply to:

The fact that The Matrix is a gargantuan Hollywood ploy to suck money out of your pockets should be enough to turn most people off to it -- the MPAA is just as bad as the RIAA.

Damn Peter, you're making me feel dirty -Geesh. Yeah, we're in the business to make money, but the idea is to make something entertaining as well. I think The Matrix Trilogy is vastly entertaining. Certainly worth the $13 I paid this morning (and will again Saturday night) to see it.

#24475 - 11/05/03 03:16 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

btw...if you sit through all the credits you'll see my name at the very end! (Only in IMAX theatres)

#24476 - 11/05/03 03:53 PM Re: MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS TOMORROW
curtis Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Manhattan Beach, CA
6am????

You got credits this time?? Congrats!!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.