Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 3808 and PPPoE
SatKartr #249890 03/02/09 09:13 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
 Originally Posted By: SatKartr
lo and behold not only had a missed the correct port

That's just silly. I know that I'M too smart to do such a thing!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
myrison #249905 03/02/09 09:41 PM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
\:D \:D I'm LMAO right now, buddy! I updated the firmware and got the feature upgrade at no charge, logged into my Rhapsody account, and am listening to great sounding what I assume are Real format (can't remember what it's called) tracks, interestingly it sounds much better than when we tried downloading Rhapsody tracks to a player and then inputting them into the avr, not sure why, maybe a different format (wma?), last I looked they appeared to be ripped at the same level of resolution (256k) as the online tracks, maybe not from the improvement to sound.

Of course I knew that dvrs have had an unused ethernet port for some time, but I'm not used to thinking of a disc player as having an ethernet port even though I've been reading about BD Live and realize there's already a firmware update for the Sony 350 that I have yet to apply. First experience with networking the entertainment center, I'm hooked already (now that I'm out of the woods)! I may even have to start writing reports on the notebook rather than my home office computer, music sounds so much better than on my computer speakers, with the same convenience that comes with streaming.

Well all I need to do is recalibrate so the Dynamic EQ can come into play, better get some work done first, this has been quite a distraction. \:\)

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."
PeterChenoweth #249907 03/02/09 09:48 PM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Yes Peter, I think it was your thorough approach that eventually led me to it, in your initial post you led me through every wire connection and router light in the chain to make sure all of the connections and the integrity of the network were intact, the only one you missed was the very first, of course you assumed I had connected the right box to the network! Let that be an object lesson of some sort. \:\)

MarkSJohnson #249910 03/02/09 09:52 PM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Thanks Mark, now I feel even more foolish, whereas it took you 45 minutes to identify the problem, it took me only 2 1/2 days to it figure out. \:D

SatKartr #249979 03/03/09 02:01 PM
S
hobbyist
hobbyist
S
 Originally Posted By: SatKartr
\:D \:D I'm LMAO right now, buddy! I updated the firmware and got the feature upgrade at no charge, logged into my Rhapsody account, and am listening to great sounding what I assume are Real format (can't remember what it's called) tracks, interestingly it sounds much better than when we tried downloading Rhapsody tracks to a player and then inputting them into the avr, not sure why, maybe a different format (wma?), last I looked they appeared to be ripped at the same level of resolution (256k) as the online tracks, maybe not from the improvement to sound.

Is the feature upgrade free?

Of course I knew that dvrs have had an unused ethernet port for some time, but I'm not used to thinking of a disc player as having an ethernet port even though I've been reading about BD Live and realize there's already a firmware update for the Sony 350 that I have yet to apply. First experience with networking the entertainment center, I'm hooked already (now that I'm out of the woods)! I may even have to start writing reports on the notebook rather than my home office computer, music sounds so much better than on my computer speakers, with the same convenience that comes with streaming.

Well all I need to do is recalibrate so the Dynamic EQ can come into play, better get some work done first, this has been quite a distraction. \:\)

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters