Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: video connections
#26037 11/21/03 06:33 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I suppose that running it all through the reciever is better, but I just do a direct connection whenever possible. Not like I could tell a difference (with my crappy TV), though.

#26038 11/21/03 08:11 PM
shareholder in the making
Now, now, I'm not talking about banning anybody or crap like that. It's just the old boys club type of attitude that's kind of bugging me lately.

Plus, I'm not at my most friendly in the morning.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#26039 11/21/03 08:43 PM
local
local
When (and that's when..not if..even if it seems otherwise) I get my setup, I'm going to have the video direct as well because I'll be using DVI inputs and a dvi switchbox. I hadn't thought about not being able to control it all from one remote..crap! Although i should be able to program it all into the universal..never mind.

-Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore
#26040 11/21/03 08:56 PM
Yeah, as long as you've got a decent universal, you should be all set. Assuming your DVI switcher has a remote... (just build one out of Lego Mindstorms or something.)

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#26041 11/21/03 10:43 PM
M
mwc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
M
"Macho macho man-I wanna be a macho man"

Come on Ken, sing it with all us macho men!

After your reply to me in the "Sack" thread (you know the one) which, btw, I sincerely apologized to that gentelman for, I vowed to myself not to "stir the pot" by replying to you nor to ever reference it again. But since you've decided to concern yourself yet again here in this thread with your subliminal reference to me-here goes.....

I'm not the Anti-Christ that you think I am. I love and respect my wife as much as anyone, including you, believe it or not (and yes she does share my enthusiasm for audio). And I'm sure fmowry feels the same way about his significant other too (if he has one). I also have the utmost respect for other peoples "significant others". So please stop trying to paint some of us as
In reply to:

lowly wife

wife/woman haters with "good ole boy attitudes".

You're getting all worked up over a friggin' JOKE, for cryin' out loud. Now, you don't have to like it and you certianly have a right to say that you don't like it but this little crusade of yours is getting a bit tidious.

Do you police other boards for what you beleive to be off color jokes and errent attitudes or is this board the extent of your jurisdiction? Let us know what other kinds of humor bothers you and all of us "me-macho-man" types will try our best to refrain from refering to them.

And if this is a result of you not "being at your friendliest in the morning" then perhaps you should wait till the afternoon to post.

You say,
In reply to:

come on, people!

I say, come on down off that soapbox for a while. Now, we can keep stiring this cauldron or we can call it quits. I vote we call it quits.

To anyone esle reading this post: I'm sorry you had to see this but there's nothing more to see so lets disperse.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
#26042 11/24/03 09:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
You must remember that Kcarlie is from the Bay Area, where political correctness is the new religion. Give him afew years to shake off that state college education and he'll be as offensive as the rest of us brutes.

#26043 11/24/03 11:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
OOPS! Didn't see that you guys had called it off until just now; disregard any of my previous offensive posts. However, y'all are keeping in mind that this is all in jest, yes? We should be having fun, right?

#26044 11/25/03 02:25 PM
veteran
veteran
"Some of us don't have the extra cash to drop on a $200 universal remote. The H/K remotes suck as universals, so, yup, I've got 6 remotes. "

My universal remote coast $29 (RS 1994) and it controls everything. I'm just not a lazy POS that doesn't want to learn a little to program it. One For all makes some decent remotes under $30 that have most of the stuff programmed in. Spending a couple grand on a home theater and not having $30-100 to spend on a good remote is pretty ridiculous to me. To each his own. Spend your money as you wish.

"Personally, I'm getting kind of sick of the "me-macho-man I don't let my lowly wife have anything to do with my audio choices she'd better just shut up and deal with it" attitude of some people around here. Even if it's just joking, I still think it's just a little immature and disrespectful. Yeah, I'll bitch about WAF and all that, but come on, people! "

So you can come here and complain to us but you can't tell your wife that YOUR AUDIO STUFF IS YOUR AUDIO STUFF?!

Besides, there was a smiley face there anyway.

I love my wife but when I dropped the $30K downpayment for our house I made one thing clear. The basement is mine for my home theater/game room. She can have the rest of the house but the basement is mine. If I want glowing purple speakers with glitter all over them than that is how it is going to be. She is fine with that. She can decorate the rest of the house to her hearts desire. If she has hobbies and stuff she likes that have nothing to do with me I don't have a problem with that. Why should she have a problem with me and MY stuff?

Those were the rules agreed to and laid down and thats what we go with.

Frank

#26045 11/25/03 08:58 PM
I think that's great Frank. Most marriages I know of would benefit from an agreement like that. What man wouldn't enjoy giving up his say to the majority of the house in exchange for a domain he can call his own? I know I could use a "no-compromises" area of the house.

Of course, any and all budgetary matters of said domain would still need to be run past "she who must be obeyed." As of this time, my wife and I have a fully joint money system, so there's no your money / my money questions.

I'm curious how other married couples have arranged and divided their money and how well it's working for them.

#26046 11/25/03 10:24 PM
M
mwc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
M
In reply to:

I'm curious how other married couples have arranged and divided their money and how well it's working for them

I refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me!!

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters