Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Best speakers for Yamaha 1400 series
#26355 12/12/03 01:51 AM
Isabel Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok guys and gals, I finally got my Axiom speakers and accessories yesterday. I had a delay in hooking up the system cause my "tech." did not show up in time. All 6 packages came in and they were boxed pretty good except that when I opened up the M22's one of them has what I might call a defect from the factory. And this defect is just below the Axiom logo. It's quite obvious that it's there so I emailed Aimee and let her know about it and I will take a shot of it and send the pics to her. After hooking up everything and I played a DVD pearl harbor movie, I was impressed by the sound of the speakers. Notably were the 2 surround speakers and I never heard of any better sounding surrounds than the QS8's. As far as the M22's I think they have the clarity in them that I could basically hear everything that's being played in there. So I did some treble adjustment on the receiver and after a while I found a spot that I really like to hear. The center 150 speaker was really trebly or the pitch is very high. Again I did some adjustments on its placement till I was satisfied with the sound its outputting. By this time I basically was happy with the performance of the speakers so I tried another dvd that I use to play on my other speakers. The difference is day and night and I tell you the surround speakers really really impressed me a lot especially that I had the HSU subwoofer hooked up. You can feel the whole room shaking and rumbling and everybody present was really impressed. What about the things I don't like about them? Well the stands are not really meant to hold the M22's and I need to look for a better stand than the ones I got from them. Because the top of the stand is square and the bottom of the M22s is not it looked awkward and really don't match. I wish they can make a stand just for the M22s. Aside from the little factory blemish or defect on the M22s which I'm pretty sure that they will take care of and the speaker stand I think overall I'm happy with the speakers sound. Of all of the speakers that I tried I think the Paradigms are comparable with them, but I still like the Axioms better. And I just wish I know how to post pics here so you guys who helped me a lot can at least see my new system. I tried using it on HDTV programs on and wow same awesome result. And come to think of it, I thought I had the best Bose system in the world till now. I will be having more questions later on, but now I'm just gonna enjoy it and I took the day off tomorrow again so I can watch more movies.

#26356 12/12/03 03:14 AM
devotee
devotee
congrats
wow-16 days and you bought speakers
it took me approximately 2 months

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#26357 12/12/03 04:06 AM
shareholder in the making
If you e-mail me the pictures, I can host them on my server for you. (You can see my e-mail in my profile.)

#26358 12/12/03 08:20 PM
veteran
veteran
Isabel, It doesn't sound as if you are completely sold on the Axioms??? Maybe I'm not reading your post right? Like you I have listened to many speakers. I must say, I LOVE the Paradigm Reference Studio 100. But at $2000 for the front two!! I have been advised to listen to a couple others but yet to find them. (Maggies, Canton, Monitor) If you think they are anything like the Paradigm, I am sold. Like you, I am nervous about buying something I haven't heard, although most here say they are outstaning speakers. I am real close to pulling the trigger, but...........

Panasonic TC-P50G15, DMP-BD60
Yamaha RX-V1400
Axiom M60's,VP150,QS8's
Hsu VTF2
#26359 12/12/03 09:56 PM
Axiom is the exception to the rule that you should always audition a speaker before purchasing.

With that said, you should still make every effort to find a lucky Axiom owner in your area.

#26360 12/13/03 02:06 AM
Isabel Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi jfoxtrot9.I'm completely satisfied with the axiom speakers and as a matter of fact I will keep them. Well you know this is the very first time that I evaluated an speaker so if it sounded the other way around, what I really meant is the axioms are an excellent speakers. And yes, to me they sounded more like the paradigm which I was leaning on buying at first. But with mostly HT in usage and a little listening to music, the axioms are what I was looking for. The speakers have the clarity that I was looking for and after some adjustment by my "tech" I found what sound I was looking for. And I emailed Aimee about a little blemish on the bottom of one of the speakers, and guess what? NO questions asked and 2 new speakers are on their way to me with tracking no. Now that is what I call excellent customer service. So I think go ahead and give them a try cause that's the only way you can hear the actual sound. Well in case you don't like the speakers you can always return them in 30 days. But I'm keeping mine. Good luck.

#26361 12/13/03 02:12 AM
Isabel Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hawkson101, thanks and I'm really happy about everything from the beginning to the end of the transaction. You guys made the big difference in my decision. And pmbuko, yes I will email the pics of my setup and hopefully you can post it in this thread so everybody can see it. Where's John?

#26362 12/13/03 02:21 AM
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your speakers, Isabel. Have you run the YPAO yet?

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#26363 12/18/03 03:46 AM
Isabel Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hey guys I haven't ran the YPAO set up yet cause been busy shopping for the xmas. Anyway I still need to re-arrange all of the wires at the back of the receiver before I send the pics to pmbuko so you guys can see my set up. But anyway how about this. I'm thinking of adding two more M22's for a total of 4 front speakers. If I do this, how high should the other 2 be? Or is it better just to get 2 floor speakers. Or is it better still that I just add two more QS8's for a total of 4 surrounds. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thank you and I will email pictures to pmbuko so you guys will have an idea on what I have now. Thank you.

#26364 12/18/03 04:59 AM
Isabel Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi again. I just emailed pmbuko the picture of my set up. Anyway once he post it I will explain the setup and hopefully you guys can help me with what I intend to do. thanks.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters