AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 246 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22894 Topics
404583 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16277
SirQuack 13335
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#264823 - 06/29/09 12:25 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Why do you thing poor Michael was as screwed up as he was? The poor kid never had anything even resembling a normal childhood or adolescence, and dear old Dad probably was a major factor in that situation.

Though I readily acknowledge his talent, I was never a MJ fan, personally or professionally. But, I would never wish so unnatural a life on anyone. He paid a terrible price for the fame and success.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#264832 - 06/29/09 02:02 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: Ajax]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
I agree, Jack. What a messed up life.

I've been less affected by his death than most of my friends. To me, the real Michael Jackson was dead long ago, or at least in such a state that I tuned out as if he were dead.

#264835 - 06/29/09 03:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: medic8r]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Sitting down somewhere
Is Michael the only child in the family that had a poor upbringing? With exception to LaToya, the rest of the family turned out "normal" (whatever that means nowadays).

I don't think it's right to excuse his actions as an adult because of his misfortune as a child. Setting a precedent like that, I would have to apply it to any person that does any wrongdoing or anything that would be perceived as being weird; I believe in uniformity.

Just my opinion, and I don't want to create tensions with anyone that has an antithetical view.

#264836 - 06/29/09 04:05 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
What an excellent post Cam!

-Max Payne

#264837 - 06/29/09 04:11 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: BlueJays1]
Ken.C Online   content
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
He was the only one who was 5 when it started, and easily the most successful. We are all products of our environment; that doesn't excuse us from personal responsibility, though.

#264838 - 06/29/09 04:22 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
JaimeG Offline
aficionado

Loc: Ashburn, VA
I mostly agree with your post wheelz999, however not every person biology is the same. I watched last night Martin Bashir 2003 MJ interviews; Michael was clearly suffering from severe mental health problems. I'm no psychiatrist so I could be way off here, but I think most mental health problems are biological in nature. Yes, upbringing circumstances could exacerbated those problems, but not every sibling has the same biology as Michaels' so it's not surprising seen more adjusted siblings than other given the same upbringing.

#264840 - 06/29/09 04:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: JaimeG]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
I just think it’s sad that his death has obscured Farah’s death. She was an American Icon who deserves more press and grieving than MJ. Did any middle aged man not have her poster on his wall when growing up???

#264841 - 06/29/09 04:52 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: JaimeG]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Ron Howard seems to be pretty normal.

#264842 - 06/29/09 05:11 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: tomtuttle]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
But if you threw Ron Howard under the roof of Joe Jackson (No, not that one, you know, Michael's Dad), what would you get? I can't claim to know the answer. I just like asking questions.

#264843 - 06/29/09 05:29 PM Re: Michael Jackson Dead [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.
 Originally Posted By: wheelz999
Is Michael the only child in the family that had a poor upbringing? With exception to LaToya, the rest of the family turned out "normal" (whatever that means nowadays).

I don't think it's right to excuse his actions as an adult because of his misfortune as a child. Setting a precedent like that, I would have to apply it to any person that does any wrongdoing or anything that would be perceived as being weird; I believe in uniformity.

Just my opinion, and I don't want to create tensions with anyone that has an antithetical view.

Bingo, good post Cam.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.