Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: need sub for large room
CV #268663 08/08/09 11:07 PM
axiomite
axiomite
You sure know how to pick them. Maybe the two of you could run off with Regina together...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
CV #268687 08/09/09 04:02 AM
M
hobbyist
hobbyist
M
[/quote] I know I've heard the name, but I don't know where. I listen to a lot of Swedish bands, so maybe one of them mentioned it. [/quote]

I know Roxette and Ace of Bace are my favorites as well \:\) (JUST KIDDING)

The secret to the Swedish music success is that there are tons of "room" around each city that you can sign up for and use for free for things like your own little band. Also everyone gets free music instrument lessons starting in grade 4 . You sign up through school, but it is basically an after school activity.

It is a lot easier for kids back home to get around. I took the city buss from grade 1 by myself and it just makes it easy to get into these programs no matter what hours your parents are working etc. This combined with plenty of places to play music has really lead to a ton of band succeeding from Sweden.

Lund has had their success being one of four original University towns in Sweden with a huge mix of cultures and backgrounds coming together. By the way for the person that went to Malmö - Lund is 30 mins away

Thanks for the interest everyone. Refreshing not to hear "I always wanted to go to Switzerland...."

mikeak #268692 08/09/09 05:37 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
By the way, I figured it out. I'd heard of Lund because of the song of the same name by Hello Saferide.

That's awesome about the free music instrument lessons. I wish I had grown up in an environment like that.

I'll admit I do occasionally put in some Ace of Base and ABBA. I haven't heard any Roxette. The other Swedish bands I've liked recently: The Concretes, El Perro Del Mar, Frida Hyvönen, the aforementioned Hello Saferide, Jens Lekman, Lykke Li, Maia Hirasawa, Suburban Kids With Biblical Names, Taken By Trees, Taxi Taxi!, and Those Dancing Days. They're definitely doing something right over there.

CV #268699 08/09/09 06:32 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The airplane ride thing is good to know also. We flew 'Lufstansa' on our way to Italy and stopped of in Dusseldorf and Ramstein. It would have been cool to spend a day or two there before flying on to Italy. Will keep that little tid bit under my hat for future reference!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
mikeak #268709 08/09/09 11:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: mikeak
Refreshing not to hear "I always wanted to go to Switzerland...."

Oh, wait a minute.

It was Switzerland I liked. I always get those two confused!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Micah #268792 08/10/09 05:11 AM
M
hobbyist
hobbyist
M
 Originally Posted By: Micah
The airplane ride thing is good to know also. We flew 'Lufstansa' on our way to Italy and stopped of in Dusseldorf and Ramstein. It would have been cool to spend a day or two there before flying on to Italy. Will keep that little tid bit under my hat for future reference!

Year 2002 - I had tickets for the European Championship in 3 group games, quarterfinal and the FINAL. Flew a dutch airline to Amsterdam, put one suitcase in a locker took the other one to the hotel. Scalped the quarterfinal and final ticket for a value that paid for the other games, hotel AND food for 5 days of partying. Got on my transit flight home to Sweden - didn't spend one extra penny...... My brother had to pay $400 for the flight from Sweden to Amsterdam \:\) Yeah good tidbit

Hoping the OP got his sub....... \:\)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020