Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 33 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 32 33
Re: Skiing Ninja. Anyone heard of this
SolidState #269957 08/20/09 09:51 PM
veteran
veteran
If Ian and Tom are so friggin brilliant as you claim please explain the VP150 to me ehh !?! Dude anybody with half a friggin brain in speaker design knows placing the tweeters in the orientation as is implemented in the VP150 is a horrible design decision. The CTC and combing issues alone in that design is why not a SINGLE OTHER CENTER CHANNEL IN THE BUSINESS IS USING SUCH A DESIGN.

Ok at this point I'm rather turned off by you "Axiomites" For the most part you guys are rude, crass, condescending and patronizing. I really don't want to say this but I'm really stating to think your a bunch of a-holes.

Do I have a reason to be pissed with Axiom? Yes... The first batch of woofers that came with the M80s had the dustcover on the voice coil partly glued on and off center by a shocking margin. The EP500s RCA line level in was bent from the get go and eventually failed and had to be replaced. The A1400-8 failed and had to be replaced. The unit from the get go has had a hum that can't be resolved... well it can if you populate each modified ice module with two speakers. Each module really needs a load on each output or again the hum. Does this mean the amp has design flaws? I dunno... but in looking at the choices made in house on the VP150 one can't help but wonder. Again I want to make it clear I'm not an engineer but I do intend to take the A1400-8 to Kevin and Ed if they'll have me when I'm visiting family in Calgary. They don't have a NASA credentials but I do trust their opinions LOL. I'm very curious what they'd think of the piece. Personally I love it BUT that issue with hum sits in the back of my mind... Specially when coupled with my Axiom experience... and now this forum. Not to mention the cabinet build issues that I personally think is not a problem unlike you knobs... You idiots are more concerned about wood frays than the caps in the bloody crossover or the lack of enough poly or the fundamental CTC combing issues using tweeters as they do in the designs.

Solid-State

PS Now that Axiom knows who I am I'd like them to truthfully answer two questions. What center do you use in your own personal rigs? I assume you have M80 as your mains guys... do you use the factory boxed xover?

PSS Clever the shrink rap on the caps... If I cut into them and they see Teapo I'm gunna be LIVID!I have yet to determine if it's an audio grade cap as the shrink rap covers it. More evidence Skiiing Ninja is full of it as how can he say it's bottom barrel until the shrink rap is removed... owhh wait... the rammed glue into the shrink rap between the cap cylinders. I guess we are never to know!

Last edited by SolidState; 08/20/09 10:33 PM.
Micah #269958 08/20/09 10:06 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Micah, I'm afraid you're wrong about the gravity thing. We have several working theories, but magnetism isn't one of them.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
SolidState #269960 08/20/09 10:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
No doubt that your uncles M80's have some issues which should be adressed, yet you don't want to take it up with customer service. You have some legitimate grips but you are also not without your faults. I think we have all agreed that your uncles issues need to be addressed but you have become rather annoying harping on irrelevant topics (white light, interconnects, what speakers do axiom employees own etc) and not stressing on wanting to get your uncles speakers fixed. Your uncle has a legitimate beef but you are just blowing hot air and becoming rather trollish.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
SolidState #269961 08/20/09 10:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
All we've heard is complaints, whenever someone asks you if you've contacted Axiom about your concerns....silence, then more complaints. If you want to know why Tom and Ian make the decisions they do about the product line, then you should ask them. Seems like you've already made up your mind as to what you want to believe anyway, so that probably won't make any difference.

My first impression of your very first post, was you were here to stir the pot, and I believe many here felt the same thing. Then once it was clear that you had some genuine concerns, I would say that many here sympathized with you and several of us suggested you contact Axiom....Did you?

So, instead, you began trash talking Axiom and then the forum members. To be fair, you weren't necessarily welcomed with open arms here, but the fact is your first post set everything in motion. If you were here to actually solve anything or get some advise, well, you've failed.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #269963 08/20/09 10:41 PM
veteran
veteran
It's also important to note Axiom is into my uncle Stephen for:

Remove A1400-8 Amp
Color: Silver
$4,158.00 CAD

Remove VP150 Center
Color: Boston Cherry
$441.00 CAD

Remove EP500 Powered Subwoofer
$1,328.00 CAD

Remove Pair Millennia M80 Towers
$1,436.00 CAD

Remove Pair QS8 Surrounds
$583.00 CAD

Remove Pair FMSQS Stands
Color: Black
$309.00 CAD

Subtotal $8,255.00 CAD
Home Theater Discount
(5% discount if we ship 5 items over $32.40 CAD to you at one time)

$412.75 CAD
Print Shopping Cart Shipping FREE
Total
$7,842.25 CAD

That's dam near 9 GRAND all said and done!!!

And you know what REALLY pisses me off most... I did an Emotiva rig for a customer using their amps and speakers and you know what... it friggin blew the doors off of the Axiom 9 grand system and did so at almost half the price... Am I pissed YES and this forum has managed to crank it up a notch or two! As for contacting Axiom blahh blahh how the hell do you think I replaced the first woofers or first A1400 or the first EP500 amp. What the hell do you think they'll say about the VP150 obvious design flaws... It will be like talking to a politician regarding a social issue. It would be almost as much a waste of time as this forum is. I didn't come here to crap on Axiom, no way, they are very nice guys and wanted to hide a lot of the bad experience because I don't want to damage them... It's you Axiomites pushed me to it with your rude prose and stuffy attitudes. To tell you guys the truth this all started when I told you guys about my uncle's speaker innards and you all called me a lair until I posted pictures. If only the tone of this forum was more friendly and not so obnoxious these things would not have been made public. In your plight to defend any critical observation about Axiom product experience you all managed to expose your selves as a bunch of bias asses... Even more so than Skiiing Ninja there...

Solid-State

Last edited by SolidState; 08/20/09 11:07 PM.
SolidState #269964 08/20/09 10:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Nobody should waste anymore of their time on this, clearly you WON'T contact Axiom, so we'll assume you're here to cause trouble, which incidentally was our first impression.

Ya_basta #269965 08/20/09 11:48 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: wheelz999
SolidState, here's something to "shake yourself out" to. I think you need it.

hey man thats my mom \:o

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #269968 08/21/09 01:31 AM
veteran
veteran
Chart 3 three quarters the way down is very interesting...

http://www.soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/axiom_m80ti/

It's the only speaker to show little to no harmonic distortion between 500 and 10k... actually it shows zero, zilch nodda distortion... believable... HARDLY
THD+N flatlines at 500-10k at 90db but at 95db some distortion is there past 500 but not much... hmm and this speaker was improved?

http://www.soundstagemagazine.com/measurements/axiom_m80v2/

Chart 3 again 3/4 way down... hmmm... now there is THD+N at around 2K shown... and this is the improvement...

I cough... bullshit... cough call bullshit on that soundstage testing. Did anyone notice there was no THD+N past 500hz on the obviously fraudulent data on the Original M80ti? It just simply flatlines on the published data... even at 95dB! Look at the data on the other speakers! Do ANY and I mean ANY show similar properties on chart 3 on THD+N !! past 500Hz NO!!! OK the Studio 100 does, and I believe that, hmm what was Soundstage hiding with the flatline THD+N data past 500 pray-tel and how the hell can the documented distortion at 2k in the v2 design help the speaker?

Solid-State

PS HAHAHA it's the NRC that did the tests! doh! I still seriously wonder and don't take the NRC as gospel

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 02:13 AM.
SolidState #269969 08/21/09 01:38 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Your latest series of posts speak for themselves.

Don't Feed The Troll! \:o

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #269971 08/21/09 01:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Troll hungry....Nom, Nom, Nom!

Page 15 of 33 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters