Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
Re: Skiing Ninja. Anyone heard of this
SolidState #270039 08/21/09 05:54 PM
veteran
veteran
If you want to hear total and utter BULLSHIT check out this review...

http://tinyurl.com/btg9x These items are basically ferrite chokes for $350 bucks USD a piece ROTFL

and this review...

http://tinyurl.com/mxkez9

OK that's a TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR POWER CORD!!!

Are you guys familiar with 6moons and John Potis? You should be as Axiom uses their moniker as a pro review site to market their product.

http://tinyurl.com/jv4sx

Also they use SoundStage for the same marketing purposes. Here is yet another power cord review. This time it's $500 bucks not $2000. What a deal!

http://tinyurl.com/kqvhc9

By pointing this out I'm not trying to trash anybody. I personally have heard sonic change in a system by using better power conductors. Even more with a dedicated 15amp service with an isolated ground using shielded BX. A TWO GRAND POWER CORD though !?! Does this not totally kill any and all credibility? Especially when using the logic so prevalent on this forum used to critique my prose.

Solid-State

SolidState #270040 08/21/09 05:57 PM
veteran
veteran
What the hell have I done to warrant such treatment? Man you guys are a strange bunch. You guys are acting like a bunch of highschool students. High fives for insulting and attaching me etc. WOW at this point I'm shocked. I'm so turned off actually I want to return the entire 9 grand worth of gear. Call Axiom call Axiom, he won't call Axiom. Ok I'm gunna call them and ask for the whip back on this rig. Do you guys think they will deliver?

Solid-State

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 06:01 PM.
Listener #270041 08/21/09 05:59 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The troll sniffed out my post. I want to respond to it but it is just not worth it. Having to do deal with solid state on this forum makes coming here less enjoyable. You are a evil internet person.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #270042 08/21/09 06:09 PM
aficionado
aficionado

Hey medic8r, come to the rescue man!! Throw this guy a free session or sumtin! \:D

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
Spoiler #270043 08/21/09 06:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Only 'one' session?

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #270044 08/21/09 06:23 PM
aficionado
aficionado
A loss leader is sometimes a good decision...there's a BUNCH of potential bucks here... \:\)

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
SolidState #270045 08/21/09 06:25 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: SolidState
What's with you guys?

Are you saying it's BS what I posted?

Solid-State

SS, I will give you one last chance to prove to us that you're not just here to cause trouble. Is this a forum to discuss BOTH the goods and the bads of Axiom products? Certainly it is. Any respectful and intelligent conversations made here will be welcome no matter the content. What isn't welcome is an attempt, whether real or percieved, to slam Axiom, its customers, its products or anything else, merely to get a rise out of people. And although you have thrown up many technical and philisophical points to prove your position, we still don't really even know what that position is... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US??????

On the one hand you give mighty praise to the M22, the EP500, the QS8's, Axiom's digital amp and even the M60's, then turn around and ridicule the M80's and VP150. But all of these items share the same philosophy, parts and build characteristics, so it looks to anyone reading as if you're only praising these other products to get on our good side so that your arguements about the M80's and VP150 will be heard. But then the arguement you make sounds more like 'THEY SUCK' then anything else.

Everything you've thrown out here at us, and I must say you've done an impressive job at digging up stuff, relevent or not... what does it all mean to you? And more importantly, what is it all SUPPOSED to mean to us??? Because we're not getting it. If you had any intention at all of convincing us we need to modify, or let you modify our speakers, I think you can rule that out. So find another board to manipulate if that's your intention. If it's not, then please, tell us where this is all going an get it over with. The suspense is killing me. With all this experience under your belt installing Axiom products into peoples homes, I would have thought you'd have made your opinions about Axiom long ago. But instead you make it out like you JUST NOW found out that Axiom's suck when doing your uncles install with speakers Axiom stopped making over 4 years ago... how is this possible?

It all adds up to a trouble maker, not a person seeking a legitimate response. If you are even interested in fixing what you feel ails the M80 then you've pretty much gone about it in exactly the opposite way thay you should have. Before you babble any further about the off axis response, the brutally ancient cross-overs or the ridiculous titanium dome tweets... why don't you put your uncle on here to explain how it took 5 years to realize his M80's were shit, and how he felt about them up until you came along? Five years is a long time to live with some speakers that sound as crappy as you make them out to be, what with all the money he must have living in such a lavish neighborhood and all. That's who's opinion I would like to hear before I listen to anything else you have to say.

Last edited by Micah; 08/21/09 06:35 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Micah #270055 08/21/09 08:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Micah
[quote=SolidState]But instead you make it out like you JUST NOW found out that Axiom's suck when doing your uncles install with speakers Axiom stopped making over 4 years ago... how is this possible?

My bad, after reviewing your posts SS I realize that I was mistaken, for some reason I was thinking you said your uncle had the M80ti's. But it looks like your uncle bought them in 06, sorry. So he's had them for 3 years, not 5, still quite a while to live with speakers that suck. Also as far as your threat of calling Axiom and returning them, I'd say the 30 day trial period probably doesn't stretch out to 3 years, but you can give it a try.

Until then, keep up the good fight.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Micah #270056 08/21/09 08:12 PM
veteran
veteran
More 6moons rhetoric and pseudoscience.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/photoncannons/photoncannons.html

An attempt to test product via third party.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/127-swift-november-16-2007.html

More reliable reviews from 6moons. ROTFL

3/4 the way down article begins
http://www.randi.org/jr/081205another.html

Original review
http://6moons.com/audioreviews/jsmr/ultra.html

This is a fantastic article that is fair to both camps.

http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/182/

Next I'll find soothsayer articles from Soundstage.

The only reason I'm point this stuff out is because you guys attacked me making out I'm one of the audio fraudsters. Then you guys go about calling me a liar about my Axiom experiences. Then I'm accused of coming here from the competition to trash Axiom. All the time being accused of being a fraudster whilst defending Axiom using sources like 6moons or Soundstage as pro review sites trying to prove I'm an idiot for not being happy with the M80 or VP150. Those soothsaying review site moniker logos are all over the Axiom site used to market the gear.

Can you guys not see the irony here !!!

Solid-State

PS Next I'll target Soundstage's soothsayers sins. And yes we are ALL guilty of it... Again I'll sight my HONEST and no BS mantra "within reason" and "law of diminishing returns"

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 08:36 PM.
Micah #270063 08/21/09 09:15 PM
veteran
veteran
[quote=SolidState]But instead you make it out like you JUST NOW found out that Axiom's suck when doing your uncles install with speakers Axiom stopped making over 4 years ago... how is this possible?

My bad, after reviewing your posts SS I realize that I was mistaken, for some reason I was thinking you said your uncle had the M80ti's. But it looks like your uncle bought them in 06, sorry. So he's had them for 3 years, not 5, still quite a while to live with speakers that suck. Also as far as your threat of calling Axiom and returning them, I'd say the 30 day trial period probably doesn't stretch out to 3 years, but you can give it a try.

Until then, keep up the good fight.

Yeah I was stupid enough to blame the issues on the Denon AVR-4306 initially driving them. This is why we purchased the A1400-8. Then the blame came to the AVR-4306 converters. He is on the second unit at this time and it still has issues with hum using unbalanced connections even though I believe this rev has the return ground bar. Also I have noticed hum/distortion on a channel that's only populating one speaker level on the Ice module. All I can tell you is my uncle isn't happy with it and hasn't been from day one. He actually hardly listens to it less TV and movies. He prefers his old 25 years system made by Nikko in the 80s purchased at the brick or his logitech PC speakers in his bedroom. I know we should have complained from the get go and had them returned. It was just hard for me to accept because I like the Axiom people. I was blaming his AVR-4306 as a pre for a long time. It wasn't until this week when I was visiting that I really had a chance to sit down and to test these speakers. In the end I found pretty much the same results as Dannie Ritchie. I now know the only way to make the speaker sound how my uncle likes is to sell them off. Thing is that really gets me is the 9 grand Axiom has taken from Stephen's pocket and the unsatisfactory results. I'm also embarrassed with all my excuses for it not sounding right. We should not have to resort to disconnecting one tweeter, cinder blocks and a dedicated PC with Izotrope Ozone to PARTY (perhaps 40%) cure the sonic deficiencies. I'm just crushed and disheartened with this reality and the entire experience.

Solid-State

PS It sure would be amazing if Axiom would return the product. I think Stephen is even willing to take a 10-15% restocking hit to get them outta here.

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 09:59 PM.
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters