Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
Re: Skiing Ninja. Anyone heard of this
SolidState #270069 08/21/09 09:46 PM
shareholder in the making
Post deleted by me.

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 08/21/09 09:53 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #270070 08/21/09 09:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
As JohnK told you earlier solidstate, the measurements are taken independently by the NRC (National Research Council) NOT soundstage, they just publish them. So you spamming links doesn't help your cause, it makes you look like a fool. You have become irrelevant.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #270075 08/21/09 10:51 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I'm really looking forward to football season.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #270076 08/21/09 10:56 PM
I'll be disappointed when football season starts, because that means racing season is pretty much over.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
SolidState #270078 08/21/09 11:05 PM
F
old hand
old hand
F
hello Solid State.

being a manufacturer/OEM reseller i have heard it all. i will try to make you see that you are wrong. I have read your posts and can see you know your stuff with regards to audio. with that said, i am sure with your knowledge of audio, that you must of tried other receivers. it is a natural problem solving equation. if you believe it to be one piece in the chain you replace it. in this case you say you thought it to be the receiver, so you try another one. then of course there is the 30 day trial of the speakers in your house with your equipment. I am sorry, but the strength of your request for an RMA is invalid.

the fact that axiom continues to allow you to stay on the forum says alot about this company.

good luck with your RMA. I don't think you will succeed.

M80-QS8-VP150-EP600-A1400-8
STR-DA5300ES BDPS5000ES.

Mark
BlueJays1 #270080 08/21/09 11:17 PM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
As JohnK told you earlier solidstate, the measurements are taken independently by the NRC (National Research Council) NOT soundstage, they just publish them. So you spamming links doesn't help your cause, it makes you look like a fool. You have become irrelevant.

The first chart is done with the "Microphone measuring position: between lower tweeter and upper midrange" at the standard 2m back. Well this is the rather small "sweet spot" on the vertical axis for one thing and off axis the exact height is maintained and only two plots for each publish graph. The first at 15 and 30 then second graph at 45, 60 and 75 (ok they took a third reading at 75). Again it's important to note that the mike height was kept "between lower tweeter and upper midrange". I wonder if the standard practice at the NRC is to measure in a design's sweet spot at what ever arbitrary height that is! I wonder what they do with a book shelf? Do they even do vertical off axis readings? You'd think to really test a 3 way properly you'd have to ehh! I'd also like to know why they used two graphs and not just a single graph with coloured plots. Not a single measurement was taken from various heights. Especially above, below and BETWEEN the tweeters. I wonder what the graph would look like if the reading were taken on the vertical plane owhh wait Dannie Ritchie has.

OK what I suggest you guys do is use a PC and get some kinda tone generation software like TTG and send a tone to the tweets and mids and then stand back a meter or two and bob your head up and down and left and right. I can literally hear the phase issues between the woofer and mids this might be harder for you Luddites. A Luddite can EASILY hear the tweeter to tweeter cancellation, combing and artifacts by moving your head up and down between the two tweeters with any source like a friggin TV commercial. This graph is on the money with my very uncontrolled (I don't have an anechoic chamber) readings.

M80 reading by Danie Ritchie

The deviation with my gear is over 23db !!! SHOCKING

As for the VP150's horizontal off axis deviation goes, it is even worse because it falls right where the human voice sits in the spectra and horizontal off axis performance is very important for a center channel if not critical.

VP150 readings by Danie Ritchie

I wonder why the NRC hasn't tested the VP150? Axiom does publish a freq resp but you had better believe it's dead center on both Axises!

Solid-State

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 11:45 PM.
SolidState #270081 08/21/09 11:39 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: SolidState

This graph is on the money with my very uncontrolled (I don't have an anechoic chamber) readings.

You are a joke dude! You question independent measurements from unbiased 3rd parties but you have the gull to slander a company based on your "golden ear" and what you call "my very uncontrolled (I don't have an anechoic chamber) readings" which make your findings irrelevant. Like I said earlier you are a very evil, evil person. Your actions and words speak for themselves.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #270082 08/21/09 11:56 PM
veteran
veteran
I am not questioning the result!!! Are you guys slow? Seriously are you guys damaged in some way? I'm not questioning the results what so ever. I don't think you guys even understand what your looking at! The results are not that different on the horizontal and he even states "Horizontally the response stays fairly consistent with just the top end rolling off and only a minor peak popping up between 2 and 3kHz." It looks more pronounced on Skiiing Ninja graph because the range is 25db where as the NRC graphs have a 50db range so the Ninja graph has twice the granularity on it's plots. It's pretty much the same though and I bet if Dannie Ritchie had set his mike at the same height as the NRC the reading would be the SAME.

Solid-State

PS Man a lot of you act like religious zealots! I feel like Richard Dawkings talking to a bunch of loons that won't accept REALITY!

Last edited by SolidState; 08/21/09 11:58 PM.
SolidState #270083 08/22/09 12:02 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Why are you in invisible mode? What do you have to hide? Your icon says your offline but it takes 20 minutes after you logoff for that to happen.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #270084 08/22/09 12:20 AM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
 Originally Posted By: SolidState

This graph is on the money with my very uncontrolled (I don't have an anechoic chamber) readings.

You are a joke dude! You question independent measurements from unbiased 3rd parties but you have the gull to slander a company based on your "golden ear" and what you call "my very uncontrolled (I don't have an anechoic chamber) readings" which make your findings irrelevant. Like I said earlier you are a very evil, evil person. Your actions and words speak for themselves.

I didn't use my ears to take readings you idiot. I used a Galaxy CM-140 with a USB M-audio fasttrack, my notebook computer and software available on the net. And yes I have a calibration file for the mike.

What I was trying to say by talking about my ears is any subjective Luddite should be able to hear what I'm talking about. How you came to the conclusion I used my "golden ear" to take readings is beyond me...

Solid-State

Last edited by SolidState; 08/22/09 12:30 AM.
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters