Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33
Re: Skiing Ninja. Anyone heard of this
SolidState #270235 08/23/09 11:38 AM
veteran
veteran
ARGHH! would the webadmin turn that bloody UBB.threads edit timer off!

Really nobody reading this should be concerned they are not going to get a decent product with fantastic support. I just don't believe this is entirely the case with one product and I have a personal dislike for another. As for the other products in the line... FANTASTIC! The bookshelves are great speakers, especially the M22s the rears work well and the subs are outta this world good. This is complete and utter honesty here. What others seem to have made it out to be is nothing other than twisting the truth, misquotes and being personally slanderous. All my complaints were valid and within reason as any sensible person can see from my experience and pictures documented on this thread.

It really started to get nasty when the personal attacks, name calling and belittling began and I got pissed. I said I was talking off the gloves! (I also said prior I wanted to nuke this thread as not to hurt Axiom remember!)

It's like with a girlfriend/wife fight right. Sometime you say things you feel that you wouldn't have otherwise said. This doesn't mean the things you said were not how you feel and perhaps event the truth. The thing is this is a forum and you guys are not my girlfriend/wife. So really a lot of my treatment should be an embarrassment to you guys on here and for that matter Axiom though I do understand they can't control user demeanor.

Name calling is rather childish though isn't it? At no point did I name-call or resort to poopoo jokes, rectums or innuendo. Owhh wait I did once when I called that KC133 unlisted guy he was an idiot when he figured he understood electrical gravitational coupling or something to that affect.

Anyway... what more can be said?

Justin

PS I'm thinking of getting in the after market "high end" audio product segment. I was thinking of marketing my cinder blocks for use as M80 "enhancers" that use "electro gravitational force". Heck I can just paint them with that Krylon plastic paint and glue magnets on the sides. I'll ask $250 a pair and make a killing. Perhaps I can even get a "designed for Axiom" moniker for my website and maybe even soundstage, 6moons or possitive-feedback(thompson should sue your asses for the logo) ones as well. One thing though... the shipping will be a bitch for the bottom line!

Last edited by SolidState; 08/23/09 12:06 PM.
SolidState #270388 08/24/09 05:04 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I went to see the Seahawks beat the Broncos last night. Good game, for preseason.

I can't hear any bracing gaps in my M60's either, Joe. \:\)

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #270393 08/24/09 06:08 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I went to see the Seahawks beat the Broncos last night. Good game, for preseason.

I can't hear any bracing gaps in my M60's either, Joe. \:\)

Always a good game when the Broncos lose.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
Joebob #270405 08/24/09 11:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: jollo
[quote=rvrrat] I'm more of a listener than a looker I guess. \:\)

There is wisdom in that humor. Nice One!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Micah #270406 08/24/09 01:04 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: Micah
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Micah, I'm afraid you're wrong about the gravity thing. We have several working theories, but magnetism isn't one of them.

Magnetism might not be the word I'm looking for, this was the theory as they explained it to us at he Smithsonian Aerospace Museum program we attended. Basically what they were explaining was that atoms are attracted to eachother and the more atoms you combine together, the stronger the pull towards another group of atoms.

Of course that was 10 years ago, maybe the theories have changed since then? Lol

Heya Micah,
You may very well be right because nothing has been proven yet. Gravity is still very much a collection of theory from what I have read and viewed. Oddly, I have a brain that struggles with heavily advanced math, but is always intrigued with the more theoretical side of physics.

A couple of interesting side notes on it then we can get back to the regular thread (which is starting to give credit to Chaos Theory advocates, by the way. \:\) ) I once read a paper (OK skimmed it because the math was beyond me) that argued that gravity was a complete abnormality in the universe because if it followed the regular laws of physics in regards to magnetic and other theories of know electrical attraction, the ratio of gravity would astronomically larger than it is for a mass such as our planet and we would all be crushed by the force. In fact, it argued that gravity is the weakest force in the universe. Hard to imagine as I desperately try jumping in the air in an attempt to fly. (Stupid evolution, didn't give us wings.)

Of course, a counter theory is still just a theory, but it made for an interesting argument. I searched online for the article after hearing the argument on a TV documentary.

Another interesting theory is that matter 'bends' space around it. Thus creating a bowl effect but in all dimensional directions. Hard to understand unless you picture it in 2d. Picture a ball sitting on a sheet of clear plastic wrap . It's presence, bends the plastic downward and creates a crater effect. Now picture a smaller ball placed on the plastic, it would fall to the middle towards the bigger ball. The bigger ball might even move towards the smaller a bit, depending on the ratio in sizes. If you threw the smaller ball sideways on the plastic, it would start to circle and slowly drop, decaying orbit.

Of course, doesn't this assume gravity, rather than explain it? Maybe but then you have to picture it with the bend occurring in 3d in all directions simultaneously. Harder to visualize. The theory is that it this bend in space itself that changes the path of another object, thus creating gravity. It also took some reading to understand why it argued that a ball with more mass would create a bigger bend than than an equally sized ball with less mass. I'm still struggling with that one but that is where the math comes in, so I will take their word for it, at least as a theory.

Again, another "theory" out of several but an interesting one because we can visualize it without having to understand electromagnetism or without the aid of advanced mathematics.

String theory has it's own theory of gravity as well, but I don't think I have thought about that one enough yet to try and describe it.

There, not only have we derailed this thread but we have derailed the cosmos!!!!! Muuhuuhhahahahahaha

Murph #270414 08/24/09 02:12 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
General relativity (the bending space thing) described as the 2D rubber plane with the ball on it is a 3 dimensional representation of a 4 dimensional phenomenon, much like a drawing of a cube is a 2 dimensional representation of a 3 dimensional object. That's how I got my head around it, at least. Similarly, the description of space warping as a balloon is also a 3 dimensional projection of a 4 dimensional (theoretical) phenomenon.

General relativity is pretty well proven, but you're right, the mechanism behind it doesn't square with the quantum models that are out there, which are similarly well proven.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
The Axiom Forum Discovered the Unified Theory
Micah #270416 08/24/09 02:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Micah
I'm going to back this thread up to where it was claimed we don't understand how gravity works. Keep in mind I'm don't work for any University or Physics lab or anything like that, but I know how gravity works. Anything with any mass what-so-ever has it's own gravitational pull. That's because 'stuff' is made up of atoms. Atoms are electronically charged, therefore they are magnetically attracted to eachother. Therefore anything with enough mass will attract anything else with mass. It doesn't really become that obvious until you gain as much mass as a planet or a moon. The bigger the planet or moon, the more gravity it possesses. It's really not that hard to understand.

\:o HOLY CRAP! Did you just solve the conflict between the principle of gravity and the principle of magnetism? If only Einstein had been so lucky he may not have spent his whole life [well, 1929 to death] in search of the Unified Theory...and more importantly, I could have just read one theory of his and skipped all the wine needed to shake out of my funk over my minimal contribution to this world. \:D

Quote:
In physics, a unified field theory is a type of field theory that allows all of the fundamental forces between elementary particles to be written in terms of a single field. There is no accepted unified field theory yet, and this remains an open line of research. The term was coined by Albert Einstein who attempted to unify the general theory of relativity with electromagnetism. A Theory of Everything is closely related to unified field theory, but differs by not requiring the basis of nature to be fields, and also attempts to explain all physical constants of nature.

There may be no a priori reason why the correct description of nature has to be a unified field theory; however, this goal has led to a great deal of progress in modern theoretical physics and continues to motivate research. Unified field theory is only one possible approach to unification of physics.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire
Re: The Axiom Forum Discovered the Unified Theory
Zimm #270424 08/24/09 03:02 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Further to your point, many versions of a 'Grand Unification Theory' doesn't even include gravity because they couldn't make it fit. Kind of making it a failure on the 'grand unification' bit. There are some versions of GUT that include gravity as a constant but all versions include many variables that need to be tweaked for different 'situations' to make it work. In fact, one might even surmise that if we can actually figure out gravity, we might be very close to proving which school of physics has been correct all along.

Of course, I'm so under-qualified to comment on such things that I probably shouldn't even be trying to post such information. But, it's fun to ponder sometimes, even if we will never be the ones to figure it all out. In short, all I really wanted to do was comment on how gravity is actually the thorn in the side of physicists everywhere.

Murph #270427 08/24/09 03:09 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I prefer the String Theory since it seems to blend the wave and particle theories into a musical format. And yes, I fully understand the key 9th dimensional aspect of the theory. It's really not that hard once you get past that pesky 4 dimension limitation...and who has not gotten past that.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire
Zimm #270458 08/24/09 04:43 PM
J
old hand
old hand
J
The answer is 42.

Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics