Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: New M22 speakers.... break-in required?
michael_d #272966 09/22/09 04:18 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
 Originally Posted By: michael_d
I think I need to take a hiatus from this place for a while.

I, for one, hope you don't stay away too long. I always enjoy your contributions. I didn't have a response of my own to this discussion, but I can say that nothing you've said has made me want to make jokes about you. You've presented your perspective very well.

Wid #272969 09/22/09 04:38 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mdrew, or Michael_D as it is.... I don't think I'm alone in that I've always respected your opinions and appreciated your participation in past discussions, and look forward to them in the future as well. If the jokes in other threads you referred to were any of the comments I made (and if you didn't see them, yes I did poke fun at the whole 'tire tube' argument as a whole, not just your view point), then I extend to you my appologies as I truely wasn't making fun of anyone in particular, just trying to ease the tension as it were.

I find it helpful to lighten the mood when things get heavy in this and other forums that I frequent. Internet arguments are nothing new, but hey we're all just here for entertainment after all. If we can't have fun when we come here, then more than likely, we won't come here any more. And I've seen that happen before on a very popular forum that I used to love to frequent.
The members started fighting about this, that and everything else inbetween until they all pretty much hated eachother and just stopped posting altogether. It was a shame because it was a truely interesting forum to visit before all that went down. So whenever I see something like that start to brew I for one try to intervien with lighthearted humor to steer away from all the chaos that it can cause. But if you thought I was in anyway dismissing you or your views that wasn't the case at all. That was just me throwing a friendly jab.

I wouldn't have the clout to dismiss you anyway, the things you're speaking of are way over my head... I wouldn't know which part of your discussion to call bullshit even if I wanted to try to take a swing at you! But anyway, all's I'm saying is, hope you didn't take offense to anything I said. Because it was all in jest, nothing personal towards you friend.

Last edited by Micah; 09/22/09 04:41 AM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
michael_d #272981 09/22/09 11:45 AM
axiomite
axiomite

Regarding my “strong adult language”. You must be joking, seriously. This forum is hardly a G rated Disney film. I think you are blowing my horrific behavior out of proportion and your parental tone is hardly justified. It’s not as if I went off on some sort of tirade slewing all sorts of names at anyone and started swearing like a logger. In fact, “prick” is pretty tame by anyone’s standards. I can rattle off many “descriptive” names, verbs, adverbs and adjectives much worse that you hear on prime time TV. But if that is how you view me, and do not wish to converse with me because of that view, then that is your prerogative. I’ve always thought you were pretty cool, but so be it if that is how you feel.

OK I tried the diplomatic approach and it failed.

You are correct, the language on this board does dip into the gutter fairly often here but 'normally', the difference here is that it's normally with the intent of humor. Yours was more of a direct attack. Of course you can argue that you were simply defending an attack on your theories, which normally I would have been curious to explore more.

Sorry I came across as parental. I hate that myself. However, my intent was to reduce the gutter dragging on an otherwise good theoretical discussion on opposing theories.

I for one will be happy to have further conversations with the old MDrew of old whom I also respected for his helpful input and conversation but your new alias seems to be a new person all together. I'll probably be misinterpreted for this too but I honestly and truly hope that life hasn't flung you around a nasty turn and I wish you all the best but perhaps this thread is best left discontinued and we start fresh on another topic.

meanwhile, I'll go back to my previous rule of staying out of flaming topics, even when I want to understand one side or the other better. It's almost never worth it.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
RickF #272985 09/22/09 02:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: RickF

Yep, y'all dont want to be here just yet...

88/74 and humid.

I'd give it another couple of months.

;\)

Sorry to hear your weather is so bad Rick ;\)

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #272993 09/22/09 05:58 PM
aficionado
aficionado

Hey Adrian, I know exactly what Rick means. We're both looking forward to around the end of October when the weather is cooler and drier for about 6 months. 88/74 wouldn't be so bad but for the dam humidity!

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
michael_d #272995 09/22/09 06:08 PM
J
J
And I expected better from you. You quoted and baited me, and you know you did. Stop pretending to be the innocent victim. If you honestly did not intend to do so, I will be more than willing to offer you a sincere apology and buy you a beer.
I honestly did not try to bait you, my apologies to you as you certainly took it that way.

I was merely trying to bring to light your analogy with a tire tube was a myth that I have heard many times.

As you have pointed out, in industry it might be common practice to stretch the polymer to a more relaxed state but for the simplicity of installing a tire tube, stretching it is not necessary. I have installed more tire tubes in so many different wheels than I care to remember and I have never had one fail due to lack of stretching before installation as I have never stretched a tube.

Back to the topic of 'speaker break in' GR Research has a web page that demonstrates a measured amount of responsive break in on speakers, however they also state

"This objective data showing changes in the T/S parameters as the suspension loosens up does not prove noted subjective differences in the perceived output, or how a speaker sounds, but does prove that there is something more taking place than getting used to the sound."

http://www.gr-research.com/myths.htm

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #272999 09/22/09 07:19 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
So, to recap, we STILL can't measure what happens inside people's brains?!?!

Science is a fad.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
tomtuttle #273001 09/22/09 07:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
So, to recap, we STILL can't measure what happens inside people's brains?!?!

What! You mean the guy that always came in the embassy in Wellington with drawings of how the CIA was wiretapping his brain was fibbing? \:o

Man…I’m running out of conspiracy theories to believe in. \:\(

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
jakewash #273059 09/23/09 04:16 PM
veteran
veteran
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
And I expected better from you. You quoted and baited me, and you know you did. Stop pretending to be the innocent victim. If you honestly did not intend to do so, I will be more than willing to offer you a sincere apology and buy you a beer.
I honestly did not try to bait you, my apologies to you as you certainly took it that way.

I was merely trying to bring to light your analogy with a tire tube was a myth that I have heard many times.

As you have pointed out, in industry it might be common practice to stretch the polymer to a more relaxed state but for the simplicity of installing a tire tube, stretching it is not necessary. I have installed more tire tubes in so many different wheels than I care to remember and I have never had one fail due to lack of stretching before installation as I have never stretched a tube.

Back to the topic of 'speaker break in' GR Research has a web page that demonstrates a measured amount of responsive break in on speakers, however they also state

"This objective data showing changes in the T/S parameters as the suspension loosens up does not prove noted subjective differences in the perceived output, or how a speaker sounds, but does prove that there is something more taking place than getting used to the sound."

http://www.gr-research.com/myths.htm

You guys are outrageous. Bunch of Cliff Clavins IMHO. To site GR Research when he's directly connected to Skiing Ninja and you guys attacked and insulted them both here, is so hypocritical. Did any of you consider my earlier post regarding xover component "break-in"?

Solid-State

SolidState #273064 09/23/09 05:22 PM
aficionado
aficionado

I'm gettin out the rest of the popcorn! \:D

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics