AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (2x6spds, Ian), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13316 Members
11 Forums
22874 Topics
404202 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Page 378 of 379 < 1 2 ... 376 377 378 379 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406709 - 08/20/14 12:46 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
Scottinwa Offline
frequent flier

Loc: Washington, USA
Noah was rubbish. I don't mean that from any Biblical accuracy standpoint. Rock monsters out of "neverending story" or "star trek V". BORING. Stupid. Noah was a tool etc. My GF, sister and I hated it.

#406712 - 08/20/14 03:46 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: Scottinwa]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Here's one for the LSD fans. (Lake Street Dive, y'all...). Up close and personal, single-take video of Rachael Price singing "What I'm Doing Here"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUeothSPyc

Amazing.

#406715 - 08/20/14 04:33 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
WOW!

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#406716 - 08/20/14 06:11 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
bridgman Offline
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Finally getting around to playing the first Refugee album. I promised a review a little while (ahem - years) back.

It's definitely an eclectic mix. First track is more or less a keyboard solo that manages to mix what some would call "70s pompous" with what can only be described as a cheerful, almost circus calliope organ sound. The rest of the album doesn't really fit into any bucket I can think of. You can't even describe it as the obvious "mix Yes and The Nice" since the parts that sound more like The Nice are pretty synth-heavy, closer to Karn Evil Nine Third Impression than anything else I can think of. Guess that was the sound of the times.

I had originally thought that Refugee happened *after* Moraz was playing in Yes, but apparently it was *before*. Found that out when I was checking to see whether the Refugee or Brain Salad Surgery albums came out first.

Anyways, if you like the Five Bridges Suite or Brain Salad Surgery albums you'll probably like the first Refugee album as well, although I would pick up some Triumvirat albums first (esp Illusions on a Double Dimple).

Now listening to Cyclone -- Tangerine Dream with vocals, really !

Edited by bridgman (08/20/14 06:15 PM)

#406718 - 08/20/14 08:28 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: bridgman]
Strider53 Offline
old hand

Loc: Detroit
Hi B-M,
Brain Salad Surgery, was that by ELP? Did not know it was an album, thought it was just a single that ended up being released on the Works volume 2 album.
Thanks for sharing!
/Jeff

#406719 - 08/20/14 08:57 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
bridgman Offline
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Yep, 1973 studio album from ELP. Probably one of very few cases where the title track didn't make it onto the album.

It's where the "Welcome back my friends..." line comes from (the start of Karn Evil 9 1st impression part 2).

I always found one of the tracks (KE9 second impression) particularly captivating but wasn't sure why -- until I saw a DVD clip from when they were writing the song -- building the sequences note by note, interleaving piano, bass & percussion hits so when you listen to the song it all flows together and it's not even obvious what you're hearing unless you pick it apart note by note the same way.

EDIT - interesting, looks like 3 songs from that session didn't make it onto the album :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Salad_Surgery#Additional_recordings

Edited by bridgman (08/20/14 09:01 PM)

#406720 - 08/21/14 12:25 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Here's one for the LSD fans. (Lake Street Dive, y'all...). Up close and personal, single-take video of Rachael Price singing "What I'm Doing Here"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUeothSPyc

Amazing.

Nice one. I like that video of her singing at age 12 that comes up, too.

#406744 - 08/23/14 04:47 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
The Killing continues to be really good, slow pace or not. I'm several episodes into the fourth season, and I keep needing to see the next episode, which hasn't been good for catching Zs.

Marriage, Not Dating, the Korean drama I'm currently watching on Viki.com, has had some pretty great moments. Really good leads, some funny and touching writing, maybe a little weak in spots, but overall very satisfying. One of the highlights is the hilarious over-use of ridiculous sound effects for characters making different movements. Even though you know how most of these romance shows are ultimately going to play out, they do a good job filling the journey with crazy, creative variations on the theme. I think there are only a couple of episodes left, but they're still translating for the subtitles. Which is fine, since I'm watching these episodes with one of my online friends, and we can't always coordinate, so this gives them time to catch up without me shaking my fist at them.

#406751 - 08/23/14 01:09 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I'm planning on taking my kids (9.5 and 10.5) to see it soon. They don't ususally go for comic book movies, but I think the Rocket Racoon character seals the deal.

Went to go see this last weekend at the Imax theater. Really enjoyed it, despite the lack of energy from the sparse audience. Felt like I was the only one laughing out loud at some parts. Well, that's what I get for going to the earliest showing.

#406754 - 08/23/14 03:38 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
brwsaw Offline
connoisseur

I'm hoping to rerun YPAO tonight and give Band of Brothers episode 4 a run through to check out the new room layout.

5.1 with 4 (2 collocated) subs at the moment. Nice big screen and we sit a little further away now.

Cross over at 60, (poor QS8's, doing a good job though).

I need to make a point of watching these series/episodes closer together....

Edited by brwsaw (08/23/14 03:40 PM)

Page 378 of 379 < 1 2 ... 376 377 378 379 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.