Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Any American Express Cardholders who can help????
#292954 02/19/10 04:08 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Soooo... this may be an odd request:

I'm trying to score some good seats to the Dave Matthews Concert at the Dallas Superpages.com Center on 9/11/10.

Tickets go on sale thru ticketmaster on Friday Feb 26, but there is a presale that starts at 10AM Central Time on Monday Feb. 22 for certain American Express Cardholders (I think it has to be gold card or something... one of the ones with an annual fee).

If anyone meets the above criteria and is nice enough to buy two "best available" tickets for me at 10AM sharp on the 22nd please let me know.

I'll gladly pay face+fees+shipping for the tickets. I'm looking for GA Pit tickets or section 100 tickets near the front.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks!

-David
Re: Any American Express Cardholders who can help????
terzaghi #292960 02/19/10 05:12 AM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
hmmm.. after looking at the ticketmaster website perhaps any AmEx card will do (free ones or annual fee ones).... not sure though.

-David
terzaghi #293034 02/19/10 07:11 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I have a corporate Amex but I'm pretty sure the accountants would come flying at me with pencil sized light sabers if I put concert tickets on there. Not that I'm sure someone with a few extra digits in their salary probably hasn't already done the same.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #293037 02/19/10 07:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
David, I'm a member of their official fan club, and I can put a ticket request in for that concert. I've already put a ticket request in for two wheelchair seating tickets for Toronto. The way it works is they will notify me the day before tickets go on sale to the general public, and if I'm lucky enough to win the tickets via a random selection, I get the tickets I request.

Let me know and I will check things out for you.

Edit-sorry dude, I just checked and ticket requests are no longer available.

Last edited by wheelz999; 02/19/10 07:23 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #293047 02/19/10 07:44 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
wheelz, I am also a fan club member. I put in a ticket request for the wichita show since it is an arena show and has a large GA area, so it's GA or nothing.

I just joined in November of '09 so I have poor seniority... Since most shows are based on seniority If I put in a request for the dallas show (at an amphitheater) there is a good chance I would end up at the back (the GA area is small here- so if you aren't selected for GA you are given reserved seats which could be in the 200 section).

I figured I had a better chance for good seats at the public onsale date, but then they threw this presale thing in the mix which is a bummer.

What year did you join the warehouse? I might have you request some tickets for me next year if your seniority is better than mine ;\)

So far my only friend that has an AmEX card is also thru his work and is only authorized to use it for work related expenses as well.

-David
terzaghi #293050 02/19/10 08:05 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hey David,

I just joined a couple months ago specifically to get tickets for the Toronto show. I doubt very much I will renew my membership next year because I'm really losing money. The membership is beneficial if you live in the US and can go to multiple shows in different states nearby, but they only play in Toronto, up here in Canada.

Also, wheelchair seating tickets aren't that hard to come by; getting them when they normally go on sale hasn't been an issue in the past.

If I am a member next year, I'll gladly put a ticket request in for you. You never know, might luck out.

Also, I don't post on any other forum regularly other than this one.

As a side note, what did you think of Dave Matthews performance with Kenny Chesney, at the Country Music Awards? I thought he did a fantastic job, and I also very much like the song.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
Ya_basta #293056 02/19/10 08:26 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
didn't see that- wasn't aware of it.

I have seen dave in concert twice now, and shooting for 2 times this year. How about you?

-David
terzaghi #293061 02/19/10 09:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I've seen them twice also, unfortunately had to pass up last year because nobody else would go. Their ticket prices are rather steep. All of my close friends have a huge respect for them, and thoroughly enjoy their music, but for some reason aren't wanting to see them this year either. It looks like I'm going to end up paying for my sister's ticket again this year, because my girlfriend can't go. Aside from Range Against the Machine, whom I've seen live once and it was absolutely nuts, they put on the best live performance IMO(that's also the belief by many in the industry).

Here you go - Dave and Kenny . I just wish there was more of Dave singing and less of Kenny \:\) .

Ya_basta #293337 02/22/10 02:05 PM
axiomite
axiomite
ACK! Toronto is the only Canadian stop on the whole tour ????
Stupid CN Tower!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #293338 02/22/10 02:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
They wanted to make sure there was no way in hell they would perform where there was a team in the NHL playoffs...

See Mojo's signature
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (chapin99, Cork), 195 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup