Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Monster releases in-ear headphones
punisher101 #295427 03/07/10 06:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: punisher101
Speaking about Monster heaphones. They are really getting into celebrity endorsements such as:

Dr Dre Beats
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5800

Diddy Beats
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5624

and something for the ladies:

Lady GaGa Heartbeats
http://www.ladygaga.com/heartbeats/

Smart move suckering the average consumer.

You also see a lot of athletes wearing the beats by dr.dre in public. I am pretty sure that is what Michael Phelps wears when he is in the spotlight and a few other high profile athletes. Monst. must pay them for endorsing the product because I hear they are horrible sounding headphones.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #295467 03/08/10 02:30 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah, I see the Beats everywhere. People do love them though. Then again, people really like Skullcandy's too...

I heard about those Turbines. Apparently there's a Miles Davis version. Oddly enough, there's a long thread on HeadFi w/ some positive reviews. I haven't heard them but who knows.

oldskoolboarder #295469 03/08/10 02:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Just in a quick glimpse of watching the Academy Awards (probably ten minutes or so), I swear I seen a conductor type wearing beats as well as a singer in one of the clips before they awarded the winner. Wouldn't they want more of an accurate/studio sounding headphone?

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #295490 03/08/10 04:40 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I just saw the Dr. Dre ones at Best Buy today. I was visiting my sister this weekend, and she needed some new headphones to go with the computer I gave her, so she ended up with some $60 Sennheisers. They felt and sounded the best of the ones that were on display. Usually I'd do more research than that, but it seems like they'll work out well.

CV #295757 03/10/10 08:41 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I got these today from Amazon.com (via Buy.com). At first listen (no break in), they are very good. Solid bass and lots of good mids/highs for us Axiom/Grado lovers.

Not a bad deal either.

http://thinksound.com/rain.html

oldskoolboarder #295912 03/11/10 02:42 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Those look kinda neat. I like the wood housing.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #295914 03/11/10 02:53 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
cool, I like the wood housing look too! How "wood" you say these compare to other in ears in a similar price range?

-David
BlueJays1 #297331 03/19/10 02:09 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Wouldn't they want more of an accurate/studio sounding headphone?

I haven't heard the Dr. Dre/Lady Gaga/whatever headphones we're talking about. I've seen them around though, so they do appear popular. I do think it's a bit presumptuous of us to just assume that these are crummy headphones. I mean, yes, I feel a little prejudiced against them too because they're not made by Shure, Etymotic, Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, or one of the other half-dozen brands I feel are "worthy".

But they may be very good. Or they may be crap. I don't know 'till I've heard them.

But yes, it seems that 1+ year ago, any time you saw someone wearing headphones on TV, they'd always be Bose cans. Now it seems they're wearing either standard white Apple earbuds (Vancouver Olympic games, I'm looking at you) or these new rap-star-marketeer cans.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office
PeterChenoweth #297338 03/19/10 02:53 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House
Wouldn't they want more of an accurate/studio sounding headphone?

I haven't heard the Dr. Dre/Lady Gaga/whatever headphones we're talking about. I've seen them around though, so they do appear popular. I do think it's a bit presumptuous of us to just assume that these are crummy headphones. I mean, yes, I feel a little prejudiced against them too because they're not made by Shure, Etymotic, Grado, Sennheiser, AKG, or one of the other half-dozen brands I feel are "worthy".

But they may be very good. Or they may be crap. I don't know 'till I've heard them.

But yes, it seems that 1+ year ago, any time you saw someone wearing headphones on TV, they'd always be Bose cans. Now it seems they're wearing either standard white Apple earbuds (Vancouver Olympic games, I'm looking at you) or these new rap-star-marketeer cans.

I have read a few reviews of them. What these cans strive for is over-emphasized bass. Based on the marketing of Dr. Dre with these it makes sense that they would have this kind of sound signature-which would be appealing to the teenager that likes that "boom boom" car audio sound - not somebody in the studio. It is also interesting headroom does not show measurements of the Monster headphones yet every single other headphone on their site has measurements provided. It makes me assume Monster does not want their specs published. Because of their noise cancellation they would be good for blocking out outside noise on a airplane.

You always see Bose, Apple and now Monster products because they pay for product placements. Either to be used by actors in the movie/tv show or to be worn by athletes (Michael Phelps). It is very common to see bose headphones on television shows especially if the scene is on a airplane - thats the market Bose wants to appeal/market their product too.

-Max Payne
CV #297548 03/21/10 03:12 AM
C
CV Offline
C
 Originally Posted By: CV
I was visiting my sister this weekend, and she needed some new headphones to go with the computer I gave her, so she ended up with some $60 Sennheisers. They felt and sounded the best of the ones that were on display.

Sennheiser HD 238. Apparently $60 was a clearance price. I probably should have picked up a pair for myself. I'm going to be in the market for a pair of headphones sometime soon, I think. I may have to get some input on that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters