Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: ERD-1's Versus QS8's
Dduval #299246 03/29/10 09:30 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Dduval
When you bought your Emotiva amp, did you research it? Do you think it's the best bang for buck? If you can yes to both, then job well done! I think we all do that.

To be honest I really didn't look all that far into it with the Emotiva. I read as much on their products as I could, but a lot of it (found here mostly) was not all that favorable. So in the end I actually took a rather big risk (knowing I had 30 days to decide yay or nay) in buying it.

When I say I didn't look that far into it, I mean I only looked at a handfull of competitors. The amp market is just as saturated as the subwoofer market. I do love to research things like this thoroughly, however I start to get overwhelmed if I dig too far into it. I started with 5 or 6 candidates for the job, and then stumbled upon Axiom by accident when looking for surround speakers. I liked what I saw, but when I started reading up on Axioms on other sites, I started getting the same negative feedback I got on Emotiva. So in a way I was also taking a chance when I bought my Axiom HT package. But it was a risk that paid off for me nicely, just as the Emotiva purchase did.

And to me that's the only problem with researching things over the internet, the inconsistancies in the feedback you get. The fanboys will praise the product in question, while others who very likely have never even been in the same room as the product will spew negativity about it. So it makes it hard to read between all the bullshit.

Therefore my approach has been to find something that catches my attentiuon. Do as much research on it as I can. Keep an open mind about everything in the meantime. And then just go with my gut instinct and hope for the best.

So far I've kept a faily good track record. \:\)

+h, and I hug my EwP800 everyday fyi! \:D

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Re: ERD-1's Versus QS8's
Micah #299248 03/29/10 09:35 PM
D
Dduval Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
D
 Originally Posted By: Micah
 Originally Posted By: Dduval
When you bought your Emotiva amp, did you research it? Do you think it's the best bang for buck? If you can yes to both, then job well done! I think we all do that.

Keep an open mind about everything in the meantime. And then just go with my gut instinct and hope for the best.

Good for you, that's what it's all about! \:\)

Dana

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters