Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Who has Harmony One for Their Home Theater?
Glitchy #303870 04/29/10 07:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have an 880 and the charger does suck but the remote more than makes up for all that.

INANE #304332 05/01/10 05:35 PM
J
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
J
The One has a great cradle, just set the remote in it and it works.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #304977 05/05/10 05:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have one and I love it. Pricey, but it was worth it. It took me about a half-hour to initially set it up, but I've spent several more hours since then tweaking settings to get it all "just right". So, be prepared to spend a little more time with it to tweak it. It's replaced about 6 remotes in my system, including my PS/3 with the Logitech BT dongle.

One caveat though; watch the battery for signs of swelling.

I have had my Harmony One for about two (2) years now. About six months ago, I noticed that the battery life was shrinking. When I went to remove the battery so I could get the model number for a replacement, I could barely remove it. That old, original OEM battery was so physically swolen that I had a really hard time removing it from the remote. The long sides of the battery were seriously bulged out and it was wedged into the compartment. Not a good thing. I had to use pliers to remove it. It wasn't pretty. I didn't harm the remote but it was close. Another couple of mm's and it would have fused itself into the remote permanently.

Bought a replacement battery from Logitech (beware knock-off's; they don't charge properly), and all is well now. I just wonder what would have happened if I had waited another 6 months to replace the original; whether it would have just been stuck in the remote forever, or started leaking, or worse...

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office
PeterChenoweth #304986 05/05/10 06:47 PM
D
Dduval Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
D
 Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
I have one and I love it. Pricey, but it was worth it. It took me about a half-hour to initially set it up, but I've spent several more hours since then tweaking settings to get it all "just right". So, be prepared to spend a little more time with it to tweak it. It's replaced about 6 remotes in my system, including my PS/3 with the Logitech BT dongle.

One caveat though; watch the battery for signs of swelling.

I have had my Harmony One for about two (2) years now. About six months ago, I noticed that the battery life was shrinking. When I went to remove the battery so I could get the model number for a replacement, I could barely remove it. That old, original OEM battery was so physically swolen that I had a really hard time removing it from the remote. The long sides of the battery were seriously bulged out and it was wedged into the compartment. Not a good thing. I had to use pliers to remove it. It wasn't pretty. I didn't harm the remote but it was close. Another couple of mm's and it would have fused itself into the remote permanently.

Bought a replacement battery from Logitech (beware knock-off's; they don't charge properly), and all is well now. I just wonder what would have happened if I had waited another 6 months to replace the original; whether it would have just been stuck in the remote forever, or started leaking, or worse...

Thanks for the heads up on this Peter!

Dana

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters