Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Customer Experience
#30610 01/12/04 09:32 PM
adicuc Offline OP
OP Offline
I was debating with myself if I should post my problem on this forum. Here is what happened: After lurking on this forum and AVS Forum for more that 5 months, I decided to "jump off the fence" and order some of the well received speakers that are sold by axiom. I called last week ( I believe I was talking with Amie, but I am not sure) and I've been told that if I order a full system, but without the subwoofer, I can still get the 5% discount they usually offer for their Epic systems. On top of that, if I ordered their "stock B", I can get an additional 10%. So that would qualify for a total of 15% discount. The total waiting time for the whole system (M60ti, QS8 and VP150 - all black) was approximately 2 weeks, since not all the items I was looking for were available in stock B. This was last week. When I called yesterday (Sunday) to order the system, there was a gentleman answering the phone that told me a completely different story – the waiting time for my system would be approximately 7 weeks (he said that was because of the M60ti) and there is no way I can get both the 5% and the 10% discounts at the same time. He sounded very convincing, he even told me that he was with Axiom from the very beginning and they never had a compounded discount. So, since I didn’t want to wait 7 weeks, I decided to go with the new models and get only the 5% discount.

Today, I called again, talked to Amie again, and she is telling that in fact I can get the compounded discounts and that the waiting time for the M60ti in black is only 2 weeks for stock B. She mentioned that the M60ti in cherry are indeed on a waiting list of 6-7 weeks, but I didn’t order those anyways. And since my speakers were shipped anyways, it was too late to change my order.

All in all, I hope that this is a great system as advertised. If that’s the case, I can live with the fact that I paid roughly $150.00 more than I could have. However, I was expecting a better costumer service based on all the great reviews I've seen here and elsewhere( truth to be told, Amie was very nice on the phone and very fast to send me samples for the different collors I was contemplating).

Re: Customer Experience
#30611 01/12/04 10:17 PM
shareholder in the making
Sounds like there was a little bit of confusion. In any case, I'd go with what Amie says, since she's married to the company founder.

#30612 01/12/04 10:19 PM
aficionado
aficionado
call amie and ask her. if you have already been invoiced, ask for gift certificates in the amouunt of $150.00.

#30613 01/12/04 10:35 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think you may have been speaking with Noreen? There was definitely some confusion - we haven't offered a Home Theater Discount on factory outlet stock, so definitely not out any money.

The Factory Outlet was updated on Friday and the wait time on Black and Cherry M60s is currently 6 weeks, Maple is 3 weeks and Beech is 4 weeks. The outlet is updated based on when the runs sell out, and can be seen at www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding on the phone - it isn't the norm, I assure you! My apologies and I believe Noreen tried calling you a short while ago to explain - again, my apologies for the misunderstanding.

#30614 01/13/04 02:45 AM
veteran
veteran
Amie, I respectfully disagree. You gave me 15% off a system of outlet speakers without the sub. I paid $1632 for M80s, VP-150, and QS-8s. You personally gave me that price. I am not trying to be a pain, but I will agree with the original poster, and I have an e-mail from you, and the reciept to prove it.

By the way...many thanks! The speakers are BY FAR better than anything else I could have purchased for the money. I find your products to be outstanding both in quality and value. I highly recommend them to all who hear them (although their sound "speaks" for itself!

"Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness"...Go Packers! and Go Badgers!
#30615 01/13/04 10:08 PM
devotee
devotee
Out of respect for their business, I think this reply should have been sent privately to Amie and maybe the original poster. If you are given a special deal with Axiom, it is not always a good idea to share it with everyone. I got a special deal through Axiom once, but I do not share it with everyone here because if they did that with everyone, they might lose a lot of money.

Sorry if it seems like I am attacking you, but I personally think it is common courtesy to be grateful when you are given a special deal, and not be bitter.

But then again I could be completely wrong. I also believe a company has to stand behind whatever price policy they give a customer when the customer buys the product.

However, I find Axiom to be exceptional in this regard.

#30616 01/13/04 11:26 PM
I don't believe he sounds ungrateful at all. willscary made it point to say how much he loves the speakers. Also, you revealing the fact that you got a special deal yourself unddermines your entire agrument.

#30617 01/14/04 01:24 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
hey now! no second thoughts on your posts pmbuko

#30618 01/14/04 02:36 AM
veteran
veteran
Man, I can see why you are called "Snippy"! I am speaking the truth to back up the original poster. I dealt personally with Amie, who was very accomodating and willing to go the extra mile for me. I love the product, and have praised it to many others. HOWEVER...I have always hated to see a person told they were confused or there was a mixup and the discounts are NEVER given. Not a lie. Not a spiteful statement. Not even an "I told you so" statement. Plain and simple, just backing up the poor guy who is being confused because he has spoken to different reps who told him different stories. I hate it when it happens to me, and I really don't care to see others have it happen to them.

As I said, Amie and the gang at Axiom were great, and will get more of my business in the future (along with at least one of my brothers). It is entirely possible that Amie has forgotten my one order out of the many they obviously get. I simply backed up the original poster. By the way...I'm not the least bit bitter at Axiom, Amie, or Alan. I am interested in why you mentioned your "special deal" though.

"Life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness"...Go Packers! and Go Badgers!
#30619 01/14/04 02:39 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Discounts be damned.
After what i went through with a friend who just bought speakers this week from a local vendor, I've made this generalized conclusion and stamped it as fact:
AXIOM AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE, ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, THE END, PERIOD!!!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020