Print Thread
Rate Thread
Factory Outlet Questions
#31279 01/19/04 04:42 PM
meeker Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
I ordered from the factory outlet last Friday (M60, QS-4, VP-150. All Boston Cherry.), and I have a few questions that I am hoping can get answered here.
I know the outlet is just a backlog of scratch and dent that is based on an estimated failure rate, do returns also go to this stock? If my wait time is 7, 4, ans 8 weeks respectively, but the wait changes each Friday, is my wait reduced/increased according to this list? In other words, is it possible for me to wait longer than 8 weeks to get my speakers?
I am guessing the speakers are all sent out at the same time, not individually, can someone confirm this?
Does anyone else think it is odd that Axiom charges at the time of order rather than the time of shipping? I have dealt with many online retailers and this is not common. Basically they get 8 weeks of interest with no reduction of stock.
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my questions. I am very excited about my Axioms and am having issues resolving the $211 dollar savings versus a two month wait.

Re: Factory Outlet Questions
#31280 01/19/04 05:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Its not odd for some companies to charge at the time of placing your order instead of when the product ships. If were talking about a online retailer which sells all kinds of stuff, that would seem a bit weird but when your talking about a single company that runs a somewhat tight profit margin, and has a reputation like axiom i dont see a problem.

I recently ordered a tubed preamp kit from bottlehead. (theyre a company) they charge the orders as soon as they come in and my kit wont ship for another week or two, and i ordered nearly 2 weeks ago. But they run a very tight profit margin and practically build the kits to order as they only order enough parts as they need at a time.

#31281 01/19/04 06:56 PM
old hand
old hand
You need to call Customer Service. In view of what you're ordering, I'd be shockerd if they didn't work something out with you to shorten your waiting time substantially. More importantly, if you selected the QS4 ONLY because the wait for the Boston Cherry QS8 is 13 weeks, this call is an absolute necessity. As for your concern that Axiom might be taking advantage by billing you now, although there are companies that play that game, Axiom is NOT one of them.

#31282 01/20/04 04:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I had similar questions about my factory outlet order. When I ordered, the wait time for my black VP150 was 2 weeks, and the wait time for my black 22tis was 6 weeks. When I checked last week, the wait time for the 22tis had dropped to 5 weeks, but the wait time for the VP150 had ballooned to 13 weeks. So, I called customer service to see if I would have to now wait 13 weeks, and was told by a very nice lady, that my speakers would ship together (not separately) at the longest wait interval listed when I ordered, which, for me, meant 6 weeks (for you, 8 weeks). I just checked the outlet, and the wait time for the 22tis is still at 5 weeks, but the VP150 has dropped to 4 weeks. I've only got three more weeks to wait which is STILL shorter than the current wait times. Whew!

As for charging before shipment; that bothers me a little too, but I'm less concerned about the little interest at today's rates Axiom will earn, than I am about dealing with a company I'm not familiar with. However, over the countless weeks investigating, and the three weeks since ordering, I've come to believe, from all evidence gathered, that this is a fine company run by fine people, and they are a joy to deal with. So, I'm not concerned at this point.

Hope this answers your questions.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#31283 01/21/04 01:02 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Meeker,
if it makes you feel better, I ordered a outlet VP150 on the Dec 30. The wait time was listed at 4 weeks, but it showed up today - only 3 weeks after I ordered! From what I've heard on the forum, other people have experienced the same thing. Wait times are often a little shorter than what is listed.

"Chickens don't clap."
#31284 01/21/04 01:07 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
When wait times are concerned, it's much better to overestimate than underestimate. I just wish amusement parks knew that.

#31285 01/21/04 04:31 AM
meeker Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
All I can do is sit here and tell myself that the money I saved buying this way is worth the wait. I just figured out I am saving $3.77 a day or $.16 per hour... I think that almost makes me even sadder...

And I ordered the QS-4s because I plan to move them to being rears in a few months and getting some QS-8s for the sides.

#31286 01/23/04 04:27 AM
meeker Offline OP
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
I couldn't wait. I called and changed my order to Mansfield Beech with black grills. Now it is a 2 week wait, and I am sure they will look just as good as the Cherries.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup