Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Re: 2 Grand total
Wid #317344 08/02/10 11:37 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Glad to hear that she is happy with her purchase. Great audio and customer satisfaction is the goal.

davidsch #317365 08/02/10 06:20 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Thanks for the update. Nicely written and much appreciated.

"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Micah #317366 08/02/10 06:36 PM
devotee
devotee
[quote=Micah]2x6spds,

Ok I admit I do understand the disappointment in thinking you're getting one thing, and getting another (or as in this case, not knowing exactly what you got???). I know how that frusteration can build up and fester and create hard feelings and in the end come out in anger. Now before I go any further let me just clarify that I am not part of the Axiom clean-up squad. Saying so proves it, because if you are part of the Axiom clean-up squad you are required by Canadian law to state that fact... otherwise it's entrapment!!!

Ok so now that you know I'm on the level let me just say that if I were in your shoe's I very well may feel the same way that you do. In fact I'm going to go as far as saying I'd probably feel pretty much exactly the way you do. Dispite this however, I am willing to bet you have the new tweeter, and that you're M3's sound 100% identical to any other honest to goodness pair of M3's. For me though, that might not be enough. If it were me, I might have asked if they would take back the set I got, and sent me a pair with the magnetic grills, silver dust caps, and V3 label on the back.

Have you asked them to do this? If not, this is what I would suggest. In my experience with Axiom (JC was directly involved in most of my issues), they will do anything and everything you request of them within reason... and then some!!! There was not a single thing I asked for that JC did not provide me. I don't know if you followed my thread, but it went on for a LONG time before it was resolved. In fact, they gave me SOOO much support and new parts I got to the point that I felt bad asking for anything else because I knew that they couldn't have made any profit from my purchase after everything they sent me. But they never, and I mean NEVER refused anything I asked for. I got everything requested promptly and they were always very good at following up with me, making sure I was satisfied.

So my suggestion is if it's really bugging you, ask them if they'll take yours back in exchange for sonically AND visually V3 M3's. My guess is they'll be more than happy to accomodate such a request and you'll have nothing left to question.

Personally I can see how the switchover from something like a V2 to a V3 could be a big cluster f&@#!!! Some customers will gladly accept the new speakers with the old hardware that is sonically equal to the new hardware (like the black-eyed pea drivers), plus the new hardware (like the tweeters), wrapped in an old box (like the one with the pop-in grills instead of the magnetic ones) and be just fine with them. Others will accept nothing less than everything that is new about the speaker (including cap color and magnetic grills). I'm not saying either of these two types of customers are right or wrong, I'm just saying that both of them exist, so I don't fault Axiom for using up old inventory while making the transition. But I would highly, and I mean HIGHLY doubt that they sent you a pair of V2's and just told you they were V3's. I tell you what, order another set of V3's and when they get there take the tweeters out of both and take them down to a professional lab. If their findings are that you were sold the old tweeters, then I'll pack my Axioms up and send them back to Ontario as well. And I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

And I LOVE my Axiom's!!! So I'm saying this because I'm THAT sure that you have not been duped. But by all means, ask them to trade you for another set of M3's if it's killing you like it is. I know for a fact that your peace of mind is more important to them than a few dollars in their coffers. I know this from experience. JC took care of me, I'm confident he will take the same good care of you as well. [/quote

Today I received my M22 missing and there is another problem with my order. The tweeter from the speaker I got today is different from the other M22's so I wonder which one is the v3 and which one is the v2. I just e-mailed Axiom and am waiting for a clarification. I am very happy with my speakers but I just can't have one M22 with a different colored tweeter than the other 2 coz it looks weird IMO. Hopefully they will get back at me soon.

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
Ichigo_Kurosaki #317367 08/02/10 06:47 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Man, that would be annoying. Axiom needs more double-checking in place so they don't waste so much money on shipping back and forth due to mistakes.

CV #317368 08/02/10 07:03 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
-

Last edited by speedbump; 08/02/10 07:05 PM. Reason: posted to wrong thread
CV #317369 08/02/10 07:06 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
wid--How are you going to survive without your sub until your A5-350 arrives? Based on recent history, you might not get it until September.

Ichigo_Kurosaki #317370 08/02/10 07:22 PM
Can you post pictures of this tweeter? Maybe in a different thread? I know the behind the scenes design of the tweeters has changed several times, but the appearance hasn't, except when they went from the hybrid tweeter to the titanium tweeter on the lower end stuff (which was about 5-10 years ago, as I recall).

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Wid #317371 08/02/10 07:23 PM
Thanks for the review, Wid. It's nice to hear that Ascend is still putting out good stuff. Been awhile since I've heard anything about them.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
speedbump #317373 08/02/10 09:08 PM
W
Wid Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
W
Originally Posted By: speedbump
wid--How are you going to survive without your sub until your A5-350 arrives? Based on recent history, you might not get it until September.

I'll just run my M80s full range, it's worth the wait.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Ken.C #317375 08/02/10 11:42 PM
devotee
devotee
Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Can you post pictures of this tweeter? Maybe in a different thread? I know the behind the scenes design of the tweeters has changed several times, but the appearance hasn't, except when they went from the hybrid tweeter to the titanium tweeter on the lower end stuff (which was about 5-10 years ago, as I recall).

Hi I will try to take a pic tomorrow and post it. I just received an answer from JC and have been told that Axiom started V3 with this shiny gloss and decided it was too shiny and went for a dull gloss now. Looks to me that there is no more shiny gloss tweeter available and JC has offered me 2 new dull colored tweeter. The thing is that I liked to shiny the most, hopefully they will have at least one over there that they could send me. smile

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters