Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
Re: 2 Grand total
Wid #317376 08/03/10 12:26 AM
devotee
devotee
Originally Posted By: wid

All the equipment was received this week so it was time to get things put together. To start, the Accends were shipped extremely fast, same day. They (the 340s) were a bit larger than I expected, heavy buggers too.They are some very well built speakers.

Got them all set up and calibrated with rat shack meter and the receivers test tones. My sister put in a Josh Groban DVD at first. I tell ya those darn speakers sure do sound good, sharp, articulate with plenty of heft. They blended very good with the eD sub. Next we watched some Andrea Bocelli, while it did sound good I'm not much of a fan so I had her put in another DVD.

Now don't laugh but she put in a Celine Dion DVD. I've never listened to her and certainly don't own any of her material but I was really surprised how damn good this sounded. It had a lot of dynamics in it. Turned the volume up a bit and it really made those 340s shine.

I'm telling ya, these are some mighty fine speakers. I would be quite happy having them in my home, that's for sure. For the price she paid (spring sale) they are a steal.

Part way through the DVD I asked my sister if she was pleased with the set up? She told me they were far more than she expected. As a matter of fact she was crying with joy as she told me that. Sure made me feel good knowing I picked out all the gear.

My own expectations were quite high for the 340s and they came through with flying colors.

What axiom model would you compare the 340s? Have you had a chance to hear the Sierra?

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
Ichigo_Kurosaki #317377 08/03/10 12:49 AM
W
Wid Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
W

I did not do any comparisons to my Axioms, M80s. I have not heard any other model Axioms so I can not answer your question.

I have only heard the 340s and the 200s in surround duty. What I wrote was with the Ascends on their own merits.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Ichigo_Kurosaki #317380 08/03/10 01:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki

All the equipment was received this week so it was time to get things put together. To start, the Accends were shipped extremely fast, same day. They (the 340s) were a bit larger than I expected, heavy buggers too.They are some very well built speakers.

Got them all set up and calibrated with rat shack meter and the receivers test tones. My sister put in a Josh Groban DVD at first. I tell ya those darn speakers sure do sound good, sharp, articulate with plenty of heft. They blended very good with the eD sub. Next we watched some Andrea Bocelli, while it did sound good I'm not much of a fan so I had her put in another DVD.

Now don't laugh but she put in a Celine Dion DVD. I've never listened to her and certainly don't own any of her material but I was really surprised how damn good this sounded. It had a lot of dynamics in it. Turned the volume up a bit and it really made those 340s shine.

I'm telling ya, these are some mighty fine speakers. I would be quite happy having them in my home, that's for sure. For the price she paid (spring sale) they are a steal.

Part way through the DVD I asked my sister if she was pleased with the set up? She told me they were far more than she expected. As a matter of fact she was crying with joy as she told me that. Sure made me feel good knowing I picked out all the gear.

My own expectations were quite high for the 340s and they came through with flying colors.

What axiom model would you compare the 340s? Have you had a chance to hear the Sierra?

From a purely specifications standpoint, the M60 would be the closest comparison to the 340 and the M22 would be best compared to the 170.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
BlueJays1 #317387 08/03/10 03:34 AM
devotee
devotee
Originally Posted By: Dr.House

From a purely specifications standpoint, the M60 would be the closest comparison to the 340 and the M22 would be best compared to the 170.

Thanks for the answer. That's what I wanted to know. Guess I didn't clearly stated my idea taking in consideration wid's answer. I didn't mean to imply that the 340 was being compared to the M80, just wanna know exactly what you answer me. Taking only specs in consideration which Axiom speaker would be comparable to which Ascend speaker. So in theory the sierra could be compared to the m80 then?

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
Ichigo_Kurosaki #317404 08/03/10 01:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Dr.House

Thanks for the answer. That's what I wanted to know. Guess I didn't clearly stated my idea taking in consideration wid's answer. I didn't mean to imply that the 340 was being compared to the M80, just wanna know exactly what you answer me. Taking only specs in consideration which Axiom speaker would be comparable to which Ascend speaker. So in theory the sierra could be compared to the m80 then?

The Sierra and the M80 are their flagship speakers. Thats where I would end the comparison. One is a bookshelf speaker and the other is a full range tower. Apples and oranges comparison.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup