C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Originally Posted By: R DeVries
The high grades Aperion receives for their furniture-grade finishes (I've got the cherry) is justified. It's first rate and gorgeous. I'm sure however that Axiom's finish upgrades are competative.

Nice to know. I may be tempted to get a pair of their bookshelf speakers someday just to see. I have no doubt Axiom's finish upgrades compete, but Aperion's are at a much more reasonable price, the downside of course being that they have way fewer options. I've also never been as convinced of the science behind their speaker design, which is why I went with Axiom in the first place.

Re: Version 3
CV #316625 07/25/10 07:06 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Keep in mind, ALL of Aperions speakers are manufactured in the Far East which is, no doubt, why the fancier finishes are less costly than the Axiom line.

fredk #316632 07/25/10 08:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: fredk

I guess Axiom should stop releasing incremental improvements within a realease for everyone to enjoy so as to maintian their release integrigy.

Some people are just plain stupid.

Or not open a thread claiming there are huge differences between the last two versions only to have to dial it back because it depends on when someone bought the previous version.

I have no problems with Axiom being proud of it’s improvements nor rolling them out as soon as they become available, that‘s a very customer oriented attitude which I don‘t think anyone else does routinely. I just think it’s misleading posting a review indicating “MAJOR” improvements between the last two version when it really depends on when in the previous versions production cycle you purchased. While forum regulars might realize this implicitly those use to other manufactures rollout methods may not.

IMO they should have done a better job explaining it up front. Which gets back to the more general issue of the series of small miscues occurring over the course of the last year just because of these incremental changes not being well publicized. Probably better to call these PR and not CS issues but when the lack of PR effects customers perceptions of a company it becomes a CS issue.

Cheers,
Dean

Last edited by grunt; 07/25/10 08:26 PM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
fredk #316633 07/25/10 08:42 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted By: fredk
I guess Axiom should stop releasing incremental improvements within a realease for everyone to enjoy so as to maintian their release integrigy.

I think that the second sentence, omited here in the quote, was out of line, non called for, and more applies to your last comment now, than to any other in particular...

What Axiom did is perfectly right, nobody is complining of the change they made, if it was just for the better...Just that the way they did it, was not right...Releasing the same model with two different type of drivers in it, and not letting the customer know which you will get before hand, or worst to guess which you will get (even less with drivers of a future one, that should be reserved for that new model only) and BTW that may or not sound alike, while you expect to receive a product that has been established for decades, with a particular sound, and that you know, and expect to sound that way, and then while the customer call they can say whatever they want, as there is no evidence of the opposite, sounds a little not too right in my book...Sorry...

Now I'm assuming applying that same logic they used, that if one of your old drivers blow away after warranty, you have to get the new ones, that are different, or take the word from them that they will sound alike, or they will offer then the whole upgrade package, as they do not have any of the old ones in stock...(???)

Last edited by Sovkiller; 07/25/10 08:50 PM.

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!
sovkiller #316643 07/25/10 11:04 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Excuse me if I'm just saying what has already been said, but I just wanted to give my .02 cents.

I definitely think there has been too much blurring between the pre-change V2 and the new V3. And I think that's where all of the confusion lies. There should have been a definite line drawn between the 2 series so one knows what he's getting up front and not having to worry about some hybridization. It's like buying a new receiver that has some new features, but some of them have the new feature and some of them don't. I wouldn't want to purchase anything from that company because I'm not sure what I would get.

fredk #316645 07/25/10 11:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
pmbuko wrote:

2x6, it seems to me that you are being purposefully dense and/or misleading about the differences between late model V2s and V3s. Wasn't it you who opined on the importance of integrity?

fredK wrote:

Some people are just plain stupid.

Sounds like pmbuko thinks that he's on the people's committee to enforce conformity and happy thoughts on the website, and if not, he will insult you.

Sounds like FredK is showing his stuff hoping for a spot on the people's committee.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
CatBrat #316647 07/25/10 11:30 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I truly believe we're talking about *incremental* changes, so imo people should keep their perspective in this regard. I was thinking along the lines of what Dean has brought up a couple of posts ago. If you were to compare Ti's to the V3's I'm sure that most people could say "there is a noticeable difference" if they AB'd them, where someone who compares speakers through just 1 step or change like a V2 to V3, may notice a more subtle if any difference(to the less accurate ear).

This is no different than the incremental changes that Paradigm makes to their lineup every couple of years. The Studio line is on "V6" afaik...someone comparing the V5 to V6 may hardly notice any audible difference, change that to a V1 or V2 to a comparo with the V5 or V6 and I'm sure you'd get most people agreeing on the differences.

Most of this "flap" is reg the over-the-top anonymous review....we don't have any idea what the persons benchmark was.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
2x6spds #316648 07/25/10 11:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:
Sounds like FredK is showing his stuff hoping for a spot on the people's committee.

Sorry no, just pointing out your stupidity in the matter. Sombody has to say it.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
fredk #316651 07/25/10 11:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Just checked Paradigm's site, they've completely revamped it.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #316652 07/25/10 11:54 PM
devotee
devotee
On Paradigm's site, I'm liking that woman dancer in black. Women like that always make loudspeakers sound better. Axiom?

FireGuy
M22V3/M3ti/M2V3/Omega Super 5/Aperion 5C/OutlawLFM1+Sub/Denon AVR1906/YamDVDC750/AS AMP110
Page 35 of 52 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 51 52

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters