Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Has any of you compared the SVS to Axiom?
#316956 07/28/10 11:58 AM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
I wanna know if any of you had a chance to compare the SVS scs02 to the M22 and the sss-02 to the QS8. Any help would be appreciated!

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
Re: Has any of you compared the SVS to Axiom?
Ichigo_Kurosaki #316963 07/28/10 02:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ichi,
you have great speakers. Beware of beginning a journey down a very slippery slope. If you start changing speakers all you are really going to do is spend money. In one post you said you were thinking about sending your speakers back due to poor customer service. You would be hurting yourself if you did that. You are just having a little buyer's remorse. It is normal. Lots of people feel like that after a big purchase. But you need not worry because you chose wisely. Have fun during the experimentation of settings and placement. Don't stress out thinking you have the wrong gear. You don't.
Sincerely,
Chris

M3 and
M80
Lampshade #316964 07/28/10 02:30 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
The thing is that Axiom does not answer my e-mails, have not sent my other M22 missing. I didn't wanna talk bad about Axiom, but I am really pissed off. Even though the speakers are great and so does the forum. If they send today the speaker missing still would be a 6 week wait till it gets to me. The main problem is that I have been told it has been shipped and after asking for the tracking number not a single answer anymore. I guess this has never happened to any of you and this makes my Axiom experience more frustrating. So for that reason I am considering sending all the speakers back. Has not made my mind yet, but I will say, that I am almost there!

Ichigo_Kurosaki #316966 07/28/10 02:46 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I understand your frustration completely! The zero communication would bother me too.

But I would still keep the speakers.

Good luck. This should have been the funnest week of your life. I hope you can relax and start enjoying your kit soon.

M3 and
M80
Lampshade #316967 07/28/10 02:49 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Ichigo_Kurosaki,

Your frustration is understandable.

Another avenue you might want to take to get an answer about the tracking number is to private message (PM) Alan Lofft. He is an employee of Axiom and frequents the forum often and would be able to help you in this matter.

If you have not tried the phone, that is another avenue to take as well in getting your issues resolved.

Good luck and hopefully everything works out to your satisfaction.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
Ichigo_Kurosaki #316968 07/28/10 02:52 PM
buff
buff
I, too, understand how frustrating it can be. I placed my order on July 16th and still haven't received my order (and I live in the U.S.). This after being told the speakers were in stock.

Anyhow, have you e-mailed Noreen? She is most helpful. Her e-mail is noreen@axiomaudio.com

Good luck!

Epic 100-800-180
Denon X6200W
Tico #316969 07/28/10 02:56 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
The thing is that I don't mind waiting a little more as long as they come clean and tell me. We are sorry but you will have to wait 2 more weeks. That's fine for me since I am a very understanding person. After being told the speaker was shipped and then a total lack of response from Axiom. That's not a good attitude towards a customer. I was even going to order a new pair of M3 for my kitchen but now I decided to order somewhere else.

Ichigo_Kurosaki #316974 07/28/10 04:12 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
And the OP hijacks his own thread on the second response.

I've heard the MTS-01's, which should be appreciably better than the S series. I thought they were nice, but awfully polite. They did not involve me in the music or present the airiness or dynamics that I perceive from my M60's. It wasn't in my room, so YMMV.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Ichigo_Kurosaki #316977 07/28/10 04:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ichigo,

Have you tried calling Axiom? As mentioned in another thread Axiom can be slow on e-mails but you should get an instant response over the phone.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
HomeDad #316978 07/28/10 04:40 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Yes, you'll have better luck with the phone. And Ichigo, you're not the only one this happens to. I've had to chase information down on several orders, and I would agree that it's frustrating and shouldn't happen. It's something that needs to be addressed, but ultimately, Axiom has stood behind every product they've sold me, and that has been worth a lot to me. Still not a good excuse.

CV #316986 07/28/10 06:07 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Sorry for the problem you're having Ichigo, it's frustrating when you're looking forward to something like this. I wonder it's got anything to do with Noreen being on vacation....still, someone should be taking care of the tracking while she's gone.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Ichigo_Kurosaki #317008 07/28/10 08:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Ichigo,

I looked into your complaint and you should shortly be receiving an email from Noreen, who is back from vacation. I only found one order in our data base for a Factory Outlet M22 for a customer in Japan, which had not been shipped, so I figured it had to be you since I didn't know your real name. (I actually tried searching for "Ichigo", LOL) As of this afternoon, it will ship and Noreen will send you the new tracking number.

Apologies for the screw-up, but it is our summer here in Ontario and our slowest period, so everyone takes off. Not an excuse, of course. And we certainly wouldn't want you to return your excellent M22s, which is what I use much of the time.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
alan #317035 07/29/10 05:04 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Alan,
I am glad you looked into this. I know it might be uncomfortable to see something negative about your company aired out on the net. But complaints are extremely valuable to a business. You may have saved a customer and you can address issues that may affect other customers. (You probably already know this)

I don't know how familiar you are with Massachusetts but there is a chain of stores here called Building #19. They sell stuff cheap. Insurance losses, damaged stuff etc. The guy who started the business is a Frank Purdue kind of a guy who promotes it caricaturing himself in the weekly flyers. He is very recognizable and has become part of popular culture around here. I was reading in interview he gave and he talked about all the letters he got. He loved all the fan mail he received but preferred reading the complaints. He said that fan mail never made him any money but the complaints did. (I had to paraphrase because I do not have the exact quote)

M3 and
M80
Lampshade #317087 07/30/10 12:57 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
When it comes to operating a business, decades ago some wise person told me, any company can operate efficiently when everything is running smoothly. The real "metal" of an organization is tested when it has to deal with problems. Doing that efficiently AND promptly to the customers complete satisfaction is what really builds long-term customer support as well as the opposite when not doing it LOSES that support, most often "forever".

alan #317095 07/30/10 03:51 PM
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Originally Posted By: alan
Hi Ichigo,

I looked into your complaint and you should shortly be receiving an email from Noreen, who is back from vacation. I only found one order in our data base for a Factory Outlet M22 for a customer in Japan, which had not been shipped, so I figured it had to be you since I didn't know your real name. (I actually tried searching for "Ichigo", LOL) As of this afternoon, it will ship and Noreen will send you the new tracking number.

Apologies for the screw-up, but it is our summer here in Ontario and our slowest period, so everyone takes off. Not an excuse, of course. And we certainly wouldn't want you to return your excellent M22s, which is what I use much of the time.

Regards,
Alan

Thanks for your time Alan. My speakers were already shipped. Too bad they were not released from customs today, so I might get them on Tuesday probably. There is just one thing I would like to point it out is that I have been told twice that my speakers were already shipped, that is the cause of my great frustration. I wouldn't mind if someone would just tell me, we are really sorry but there is gonna be a delay on your order, please wait for 2 more weeks. That would be just fine for me. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters