Page 37 of 39 1 2 35 36 37 38 39
Re: I just ordered a pair of M3 v3 Bookshelf Speakers
LT61 #320347 08/28/10 03:37 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: LT61

I saw this coming.....too bad.

Same here.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
CatBrat #320348 08/28/10 03:41 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I'm also wondering if maybe Axiom is experiencing some problems like every other company is experiencing and they are cost cutting. I just have a feeling that the V3's are perhaps a cheaper made product. Like using plastic on the backside of tweeters instead of metal. Not supplying the pointy tip feet anymore. Lack of proper quality control, etc.

Pretty huge leap from a couple of unsatisfied posters in the last month. I imagine Axiom has a reasonable sales volume. Plus considering unhappy people usually voice there opinions more than happy ones and I don’t see there’s much to read into any of this.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
CatBrat #320349 08/28/10 03:43 AM
axiomite
axiomite
There could well be a couple of teething problems when the changes were made to V3 and hopefully that's all it is. I doubt if there would be much saving from switching metal to plastic on the backside of the tweeter if any. I do think that the spikes may have been "optionized" as an alternative to increasing the prices on the speakers and it seems, to me anyway, that the majority of people don't use the spikes anyway. I respectfully acknowledge that a couple of people were upset by the fact they did not receive the spikes...perhaps when a person orders, they could choose the spikes OR the rubber feet rather than Axiom shipping out both with the speaker only to see the customer using one or the other but not both, obviously.

Dean, you mentioned sales volume..I suspect that Axiom has picked up a bit since last year when we all thought the next depression was upon us and people were generally holding on to their $$.

Last edited by Adrian; 08/28/10 03:45 AM.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #320354 08/28/10 04:14 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Originally Posted By: Adrian
perhaps when a person orders, they could choose the spikes OR the rubber feet rather than Axiom shipping out both with the speaker only to see the customer using one or the other but not both, obviously.

They probably settled on a default option in order to limit mistakes. An either/or might invite a lot of problems.

jerrymb #320360 08/28/10 04:46 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: jerrymb
I thought of that. But I was supposed to get the cherry today and I got black. I thought of a lot of things. I'm just tired of having to constantly contact Axiom with a problem. I think at this point they are so disgusted with me that they'll probably suggest a refund!

I think Axiom should offer to upgrade you to a pair of M60s. JMO.

Or the Axiom mob could just all turn on you and blame you for the screw up.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #320409 08/28/10 01:41 PM
W
old hand
old hand
W
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Originally Posted By: jerrymb
I thought of that. But I was supposed to get the cherry today and I got black. I thought of a lot of things. I'm just tired of having to constantly contact Axiom with a problem. I think at this point they are so disgusted with me that they'll probably suggest a refund!

I suspect that if Alan posts "within standard tolerance" test results of the previously returned speakers, this thread could get heated. I do not believe that we will be privy to those test results either. If normal results were confirmed and posted it'd be like an indirect swipe at the OP.

SC-05, HLT6189, Oppo BDP-93, Blue Circle Audio FX2
Axiom M2v3's, QS8v3's
wbedford #320411 08/28/10 01:51 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
An easier solution. laugh

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
wbedford #320413 08/28/10 02:09 PM
jerrymb Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for all the replys. I originally ordered the M3s. They sounded sibilant to me so some people here suggested that I ask for another pair which I did. There was also the problem with poly fill being visible in one port but not the other port. And a white wire dangling there in the open port. I spoke to Brent on the phone last week and set up the order for another pair of M3's this time in Cherry. They arrived yesterday morning. Honestly I was thrilled that I had them again and that this would be it as far as returns go. I don't enjoy returning anything. I rarely if ever return any audio equiptment. Never speakers. I never had to. I open the box and remove the first speaker. I remove the clear plastic bag the speaker is in and something small hits the floor. I pick it up and it just looked like junk at first. Until I turned it over and could see that it was part of the logo!!! The other logo on the second speaker was fine. I checked the grill and noticed the two grills were very different. One grill had black rubber coverings on the 4 silver magnetic tabs. The other didn't! But on the grill that did have the rubber coverings on the tabs two of the coverings were way of center when they were glued on the tabs! And to top it all off one of the rubber coverings was not even round to match the silver tab. It was just roughly cut and slapped on the tab. The speakers are well built. The grills cannot possibly be made or quality control checked by the same people that are doing the speaker. I've always had cheap speakers. I've slowly been building a halfway decent 2 channel system. I've had my eye on the M3s for several years. Three weeks ago I had the money and decided to do it. You would think that after the first order going back that the second order would be perfect. Like I said before I don't buy things audio related and then send them back unless something is really wrong with them. I don't normally email audio comapnys constantly with emails either. Usually when a new pair of speakers arrive I am perfectly happy with them. If you saw what I saw yesterday when I opened the box you would be scratching your head too. At this point I think Axiom should hand deliver a new pair to me! grin

Last edited by jerrymb; 08/28/10 02:31 PM.

Jerry
jerrymb #320417 08/28/10 03:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Jerry. The grills are sub standard. Nobody is going to argue with you on that. I'm sure Axiom would make it right, but I don't think there is much point.

I am going to repeat something I posted much earlier in this thread. You seem to prefer a speaker with more rolled off highs.

I would suggest you return the M3s and do some listening at local audio shops that have proper listening rooms. Start with something like the B&W 6 series as I think they would be closer to what you are looking for. Once you have found something more to your liking you have a number of options open to you.

1. Buy new and be done with it. Since money is tight, this probably won't be an option (though you never know...).

2. Look for the speaker you have found on the used market. Audiogon.com is a good place to buy used. You can also look in your local Craigs List.

3. Go to an audio site like audioholics.com, post you preference in speakers and ask for alternative recommendations. There will be tons of people willing to help you find something that fits both your budget and listening preference.

I'm confident that you can find a speaker that fits your needs and I hope you do.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
2x6spds #320418 08/28/10 03:14 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds

I see you have advanced from poking a big sharp stick in the eye one member at a time to the whole community at once. Nice to see you moving up in the world.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
Page 37 of 39 1 2 35 36 37 38 39

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters