AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (Boltron), 140 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403268 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318912 - 08/17/10 08:04 PM Noise when dvd is first put on.
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.

Don't really know how to explain it other than when a dvd or cd is put on it almost sounds like a needle being set down on a turntable. I've changed out the HDMI cables, used an optical cable and the same thing happens. Sometimes it's louder than others but it only happens in the beginning of a disc.

I doubt it's hurting any thing but it annoys the hell out of me. This never happened till I put the Onkyo 707 in to the mix.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#318919 - 08/17/10 09:08 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Wid]
Wid Offline
axiomite

It seems if I run my amp directly to the wall instead of through the Belkin PureAV the front speakers quit making the noise.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#318920 - 08/17/10 09:10 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Wid]
Pitbull24 Offline
veteran

Loc: NWSuburbs of Chicago
Rick,

I get a weird noise at the beginning of Blu-Rays, DVD's, and CD's when using our "upstairs" system. It happens only while the OSD is showing activities, not sure if it's the sony blu-ray, or sony avr. It's seems like while the BR player is thinking the avr wants to play a countdown of "click, kind of noises" ????

M80's,VP180,QS8's,Epik Empire X 2
Integra 50.1,3 Emotiva UPA-1's,Antimode 8033

#318922 - 08/17/10 09:16 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Pitbull24]
Wid Offline
axiomite

I only seem to get it in the front R/L speakers that are ran by a Rotel amp that was plugged into a Belkin Power center. I plugged it directly to the wall and it stopped. I put in a call to Belkin and a tech person is suppose to call back. This never happened with the Monster power unit I had.

Unfortunately the person I talked to tonight knew nothing about the PureAV unit in question.

#318923 - 08/17/10 09:20 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Wid]
Wid Offline
axiomite

I think I have two different issues. One as I first stated and it is intermittent and the later with the power center.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.