AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404648 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10903
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318912 - 08/17/10 08:04 PM Noise when dvd is first put on.
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.

Don't really know how to explain it other than when a dvd or cd is put on it almost sounds like a needle being set down on a turntable. I've changed out the HDMI cables, used an optical cable and the same thing happens. Sometimes it's louder than others but it only happens in the beginning of a disc.

I doubt it's hurting any thing but it annoys the hell out of me. This never happened till I put the Onkyo 707 in to the mix.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#318919 - 08/17/10 09:08 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Wid]
Wid Offline
axiomite

It seems if I run my amp directly to the wall instead of through the Belkin PureAV the front speakers quit making the noise.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#318920 - 08/17/10 09:10 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Wid]
Pitbull24 Offline
veteran

Loc: NWSuburbs of Chicago
Rick,

I get a weird noise at the beginning of Blu-Rays, DVD's, and CD's when using our "upstairs" system. It happens only while the OSD is showing activities, not sure if it's the sony blu-ray, or sony avr. It's seems like while the BR player is thinking the avr wants to play a countdown of "click, kind of noises" ????

M80's,VP180,QS8's,Epik Empire X 2
Integra 50.1,3 Emotiva UPA-1's,Antimode 8033

#318922 - 08/17/10 09:16 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Pitbull24]
Wid Offline
axiomite

I only seem to get it in the front R/L speakers that are ran by a Rotel amp that was plugged into a Belkin Power center. I plugged it directly to the wall and it stopped. I put in a call to Belkin and a tech person is suppose to call back. This never happened with the Monster power unit I had.

Unfortunately the person I talked to tonight knew nothing about the PureAV unit in question.

#318923 - 08/17/10 09:20 PM Re: Noise when dvd is first put on. [Re: Wid]
Wid Offline
axiomite

I think I have two different issues. One as I first stated and it is intermittent and the later with the power center.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.