AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22900 Topics
404649 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10903
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320036 - 08/26/10 01:22 AM Wheel help.
HomeDad Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Central,California
I didn't want to have to hijack Tom's thread any more than we already have. So I'll ask for some help and opinions here.
I've finally finished modifying my car after a year of work and the last thing I'm doing is changing out the wheels.
This is what I have on the car now in a real shiny chrome.
http://momo.tiremedia.com/model/arrow.html
I want to get away from the all chrome look and was originally thinking of something like this. http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exter...HyperSilver.jpg These run about $2300 and if I order them it will take about 16 weeks to get them from Japan.
I also like these wheels that are now being offered on ebay for $900, the car they were on is almost identical to mine. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138875
So I guess it's do I go to a Japanese racing type wheel or go back to another Italian made wheel.
I would love to have your guys opinions or even some other suggestions.

#320039 - 08/26/10 01:32 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: HomeDad]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
Me, I prefer the last ones. The blacked out look is distinctive, and OZ makes a good wheel, from what I know. Which is little, I'll admit!

#320043 - 08/26/10 04:43 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: Ken.C]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
I also like the blacked out wheels Michael, that's definitely the style that seems to be in right now and it looks like it may be for quite some time.

smile

#320046 - 08/26/10 07:14 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: RickF]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
I'm drawn to number two as well but I think it's only because I'm an ex-Jeeper and so the first thing I noticed were the fake bead locks.

I can't recall if you posted a pic of your car in Tom's thread but it's soo long now I'm lazy to go look. Lets have a look at your car so we can picture them on the vehicle.

#320057 - 08/26/10 08:21 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: Murph]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
Sorry, I don't like the black wheels, the colour doesn't allow you to see the shape of the wheel, also don't think the black wheel on red car works too well. Of the two the Japanese ones(first) look nicer although the second ones are a much better deal.

I'm rather partial to the look of some of the HRE Wheels as they look similar to what many of the Prototype and GT racers use.

#320063 - 08/26/10 09:51 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: Adrian]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
I should add...I do like black wheels on some vehicles, it depends on the style of rim, the type of vehicle and the colour of the car/truck. It's all about how the vehicle and rim/wheel go together and there are so many custom rims to choose from these days.

#320069 - 08/26/10 10:44 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: Adrian]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
I feel similarly as Adrian about black wheels. They look good on some rigs, down right stupid on others. Agree with Murph on the bead locks too. Fake anything like that to me, is just plain stupid and tacky.

I also do not like busy wheels and prefer them simple and purposeful. I tend to be drawn more towards the open, spoke type wheels, as I keep buying them. The Advanced Racing wheels you posted look the best to me, but I'd prefer them in chrome over the powder coated look. I ended up buying a set of Boss wheels for my Denali. They have a good warranty adn don't look half bad on the truck. They are the only brand that doesn't have small print regarding Alaska so I figure they must be pretty tough (many wheels have specific "Alaska" clauses). I went with the 330's in chrome. http://www.bossmotorsports.com/custom_chrome_wheels.cfm?id=355

You need to post a side shot of the car Michael. It's hard to visualize wheels on it without a pic. What's your calipers look like, do you want them to be seen?

Edited by michael_d (08/26/10 10:47 AM)

#320071 - 08/26/10 10:52 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: michael_d]
Scamp Offline
old hand

Loc: Bethesda, MD
To me the real question would be, what's better the $2,300 rims or the $900 rims + whatever you would use the extra $1,400 on.

Better sound? GPS? Gold leaf cup holders?

#320077 - 08/26/10 11:12 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: michael_d]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Sitting down somewhere
I just got my van's body work totally overhauled, painted and new rims. I went with these American Racing Estrella rims. I didn't want the "bling" look. These have three coats of clearcoat but they still have a nice shine to them. I've received many compliments/inquiries as well as looks. I really like them, they look pretty darn sweet. I'm also not a big fan of black rims.

#320078 - 08/26/10 11:21 AM Re: Wheel help. [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

Loc: CA, USA
Don't like blacked out wheels. I like the NSX style wheels and the beautiful forged wheel pictured. (Science of Speed?)

NSX is a great car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.