Hi,

I will let Axiom’s engineer, Andrew Welker, give the details on current state of the Axiom A1400 amplifiers . . . but meanwhile . . .

You have to take a few steps back and look at the entire picture. For several years Axiom felt the need to offer to the owners of its flagship audio speaker models an amplifier which could extract their full potential. There was no existing technology/amplifier on the market capable to meet Axiom’s goal.

Axiom created a new digital amplifier ignoring the popular modules of the time because of their limits. Its revolutionary design addressed specifically the “clipping” issue common to all existing audio amplifiers. I, for one, strongly believe that the “delivery of power” is the explanation for the sound difference heard between amplifiers. Axiom’s innovative approach also allowed a multi-channels amplifier to deliver its full potential to any of its channel on demand – another first. Its design also corrected the flaws inherent to the existing digital amplifiers of the time; flaws which were expressed by the audio community about all digital amplifiers.

Another goal was to make it affordable. The Axiom A1400 amplifiers may seem expensive because of the exceptional low prices associated to its other products. It is not a level of price which Axiom owners have been exposed to when shopping for other Axiom products. It gives the false impression that it is very expensive; the reality is totally different - its price is very low when you consider its level of performance and the competition.

The Axiom A1400 amplifier allowed demanding audio speakers (regardless of brands) to express their full potential in a way they were never able to do before. I have sold and owned much more expensive amplifier brands and I can testify that they could not deliver the level of performance effortlessly delivered by the Axiom A1400.

I’m not stating that is was free of problems but, as usual, Axiom was there for the customers needing support and offered the best possible solution.

jc