AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (CV, Shane White), 144 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403268 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 166 of 230 < 1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 229 230 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#362927 - 01/06/12 03:12 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: SBrown]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida

smile

#362931 - 01/06/12 03:36 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: RickF]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Rick, I'd bet that the one on the left write the caption.

Here's my evidence, from her high school yearbook:

#362940 - 01/06/12 04:49 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: medic8r]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
Did they drop the house on the fire or something?

#362944 - 01/06/12 05:05 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: Ken.C]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Sitting down somewhere
The news report is correct. It's FOX "news" after all, and they're in an alternate backwards universe.

If you saw the broadcast, the next caption said "the water was quickly put out with fire thanks to the slow response from our Russian neighbours water fighters department".

#362956 - 01/06/12 06:14 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
The news report is correct. It's FOX "news" after all, and they're in an alternate backwards universe.

If you saw the broadcast, the next caption said "the water was quickly put out with fire thanks to the slow response from our Russian neighbours water fighters department".

Actually, I think that CAN happen in Las Vegas.

#362958 - 01/06/12 06:26 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: BobKay]
Da_Gimp_Pimp Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Sitting down somewhere
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople

Actually, I think that CAN happen in Las Vegas.

laugh

#363250 - 01/10/12 12:54 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: Da_Gimp_Pimp]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

If you didn't catch the 20th anniversary show of Absolutely Fabulous the other night, check your listings, as I'm sure they'll run it ad naseum until the next 2 installments arrive. It's running on LOGO, but if you're afraid you'll get caught, it's also on BBCA.

This time 'round, Jennifer Saunders trashes the Royal Wedding, Pippa Middleton's ass, the Kardashians ("Look," she says, pointing to a group photo of them in a showbiz mag, "in America, diseases have become celebrities!"), and hosts of other contemporary people and topics.

I was afraid I'd be disappointed. No way.

Funny Thing #2

You guys brought up Fiat in the Shoutbox, so I take no responsiblity for the synapses involved in this vision.

I saw one of JLo's Fiat commercials again last night. Night shot, shiny, abondoned, rain-slicked city street, hotel entrance with still doorman.

The camera zooms in to the bottom of the driver's door. A single shoe extends and makes contact with said shiny street and displays it's full reflection in the wet asphalt. (Of course, JLo wouldn't be caught dead in shoes that cost less than $15,000--the MSRP of the gussied-up Fiat she's "driving.")

So I'm thinking, she needs some men in the commercial with her; make it sexier, something for everybody. She's very small, so, for contrast, we need really tall ones, like, umm JP, Peter, and Ray----- you know, just to show how "roomy" it really is.

After she ascends the curb to the sidewalk, the three of them slowly emerge and stand smiling, together, forming a wall behind her, where the top of her "do" barely reaches their lowest ribs.

Because she is tricked out to the 9's, they will be wearing tuxedoes, but with clown shoes. (You know, about the same size they already wear, but in bright colors and patterns, to emphasize the Barnum quotient of the car's true capacity.)

The final shot will be on her face. As she begins to speak the closing line, we pan back to include our forum buddies. Everyone is smiling as she says, "Whenever I go out cruisin' with my friends, Andre and The Marfan Twins, we do it in style!"

C'mon, I'm depressed! But that did make me feel a lot better about myself.

#363258 - 01/10/12 01:22 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: BobKay]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Andre and The Marfan Twins

Now, that's some funny stuff, right there.

I am typically amused by stories that include clown shoes out of their natural environment.

#363285 - 01/10/12 02:21 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: tomtuttle]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Quote:
Andre and The Marfan Twins

I am typically amused by stories that include clown shoes out of their natural environment.

Me, too, but what does that have to do with this?

#363287 - 01/10/12 02:23 PM Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? [Re: BobKay]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Yeah, J.P. Patches and clown shoes go together like PB&J.

Page 166 of 230 < 1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 ... 229 230 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.