Rate Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Re: Non-HT/audio products I like
CV #388788 01/26/13 04:32 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
I watched a video on refilling the pods - what a time consuming PITA, ha! I'll gladly pay 68 cents & dispose of the used pods.

In Europe they recycle the pods - in fact the coloured side panels on the Pixie are made of recycled pods.

On my next order (using my $75 credit) I'll try some of the strongest lungo pods; however, as I've said, the normal pod used in the lungo mode produces a really fine cappi. I add a bit of Splenda Sweetener to the milk in the frother & I too sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. I use hot tap water to preheat my cup rather than the hot water from the machine...

TAM

CV #393399 05/25/13 01:43 PM
shareholder in the making
I have to throw a "thumbs up" out to this noise-reducing headset.

I ordered them from Amazon a few weeks ago and tried them twice while mowing the lawn....once while listening to some good weekend NPR programming and once while listening to MP3s. It's really nice to barely be able to hear the mower and listen to stuff that doesn't have to be cranked to hear OVER the mower. The sound quality is perfectly acceptable.

I don't like the little radio tuning knob, but I don't change stations much and will likely continue with MP3s anyway.

Plus, I look all professional and stuff when I use my backback blower! smile

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
CV #393404 05/25/13 05:25 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Sweet. I have used a different approach, with etymotic in-ear phones that reduce external noise underneath a basic ear protection headset. I agree, mowing and blowing leaves are much more pleasant experiences that way.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
tomtuttle #411718 04/25/15 08:23 PM
C
CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
OP Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I love my autoseal Contigo Travel mug. By far, the best of the many I've lost used over the years.

I bought one of these for my dad back in the day, when you mentioned it. I don't think he ever really told me what he thought of it, but remembering the brand, I bought a couple of their 20 oz. Shake & Go™ Tumblers for when I make myself iced coffees at home. I was buying them frequently enough that it started to make sense to invest in a way to make my own. My dad had an AeroPress® that wasn't being used, so I've been borrowing it. I can see why people like it. Quick and easy way to make iced coffees. The only part of the process I don't like is needing to rinse things off before enjoying my beverage. I'm trying out different combos of Torani syrups and Ghirardelli sauces. They've turned out fine, but I should probably look up the amounts other people are using instead of stabbing blindly at my taste buds.

In any case, YES to the Contigo tumbler.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters