Rate Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Re: Best longterm budget upgrade poweramp for m22ti
2x6spds #346095 04/26/11 01:18 AM
G
aficionado
aficionado
G
That's the problem when a small group takes over a site. These forums used to have many participants who discussed their audio preferences, observations and points of view.

I dont have an "exact" position, but I see the point trying to be made..........

For the last few months, I've wondered why Axiom makes center speakers and "I feel like I made the wrong choice" (for me holes in walss)

Once the vertical center discussion came into play, "there is no other way to have a perfect setup"

Now is that theory wrong? Probably not, but with the responses it almost seems like there is no room for choice, if you want the shizbot"

I keep thinking "EVERYONE" who posts went to a vertical center, can all of these folks have that option? Or is a pile-on?

Jut stating facts from my end not a call on vertical centers

Jeff

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008
Glitchy #346108 04/26/11 02:55 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Jeff

Does your 3008 drive front L/R, Front Wide L/R and Front High L/R as well as side and back surrounds?

Love the glasses, btw. Much better than pocket protectors.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 04/26/11 02:56 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
CatBrat #346110 04/26/11 03:26 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Like going to a brothel to buy bibles?

I read "bibles" as "babies."

Then I reread it and had to stop laughing.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
2x6spds #346111 04/26/11 03:44 AM
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I am very happy with my Axiom speakers. Many of my friends now also have Axioms. I have posted here for almost 10 years. Those are my bona fides.

This message board is the public voice of the community of owners of Axiom speakers. I think Axiom has become associated with a narrow and particular point of view regarding disputed audio matters.

What is disputed?

Instead of open discourse we have a situation where a few people have really taken over this site.

What is your definition of open discourse? To me, it seems similar to what some would want for our schools, that we should "teach the controversy" and allow creationism to be taught as science along with evolution in schools.

They enforce a particular and narrow point of view by ridicule, sarcasm, shunning (coke/pepsi) and arrogant pronouncements. They deride and are intolerant of other points of view.

Where is the derision? I think you imbue some of the words you read with more than is really there. As to shunning, I happen to know that a number of regulars added you to their ignore list today. They cannot respond to what they no longer see. I could easily do the same -- I can understand why others chose to -- but I haven't and probably won't.

I think this discourages people who come to this site to find out more about Axiom speakers.

I haven't seen any new posters leave in disgust. You're making things up. Almost everyone goes out of their way to help newcomers.

It seems to me that this site should be open to people who are interested in audio, and in Axiom speakers and how they play with other equipment. They deserve a warm welcome.

As I said before, people go out of their way to help newcomers. If someone asks about tubes, there are enough regulars who own tube gear to provide that information. When JonhK posts to try to steer someone away from tubes, he does it in a matter of fact way. He does not deride the person.

You have a right to post your opinions. Those who disagree with you have just as much right to post theirs. Nobody has the right to freedom from being offended.

In closing, I'll just leave these here.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
-- Aldous Huxley

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K. Dick

It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-- Carl Sagan

The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.
-- Neil deGrasse Tyson

pmbuko #346113 04/26/11 04:19 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.
-- Neil deGrasse Tyson

I have a problem with this one. Science isn't truth. It's just our best process for arriving at certain truths, but it always falls short, too, because of our limited ways in which we can utilize it.

CV #346114 04/26/11 04:41 AM
You are correct about that, of course. I really admire Neil's way of educating, though. In this video clip, he actually talks about the need to be sensitive to other people's point of view when revealing truth. The last few seconds of the video are pretty excellent. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2xGIwQfik

So, when Neil uses "truth" I'm pretty sure you can take him to mean "the current most truthful (truthy?) conclusions".

pmbuko #346115 04/26/11 04:45 AM
C
CV Offline
C
smile I like that.

CV #346116 04/26/11 04:56 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
So, philosophical "truth" meets audio. Once you think you are in possession of the "truth" the opinions of others are by definition, inferior. That's the problem. Yours is the one true faith, or in a moment of weakness, only the truthiest faith.

You and the clack enforce your orthodoxy with ridicule, sarcasm, and derision. You have succeeded. You have driven away or silenced pretty much everyone who disagrees with the tenets of your true faith. Your "truths" require conformity.

Good work. This site has been reduced to a chorus of a handful of mega-posters, 14,579.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
2x6spds #346117 04/26/11 05:01 AM
C
CV Offline
C
It's insulting that you lump all of us who post here together, 2x6spds. I'm capable of thinking my own thoughts, but I'm also not too in love with myself to acknowledge the expertise of others.

CV #346118 04/26/11 05:06 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Amen, Charles.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic