Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Axiom in AVS
J. B. #351148 06/29/11 03:31 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I've found that at AVS if you start talking about ANY equipment over there, you will be virtually attacked by someone. You have the audio/video snobs that spend $10,000 per speaker, and of course if you were to spend that much on a speaker, you would have a number of people also say that you are crazy.

It just seems that people there have VERY strong opinions and whatever they happen to own is the best, and everyone else is a chump. It is because of that mentality that I rarely visit there any more. If I do, I spend time in the home theater construction section, and skip the equipment ones. Maybe I will jump into some of the projector forums when my new theater gets to that point, but until then, it is a waste of time and effort.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #351150 06/29/11 04:08 AM
J
shareholder in the making
J
Michael, as the others have mentioned the 'regulars' over at AVS seem to have a thing for bashing Axiom. They love the fact that Axiom doesn't play by the usual rules for a few of it's products and like to rake them over the coals for it. I believe I read the latest bashing affair the boys over on AVS had that, I will guess, you are alluding to.

It was an interesting read with some good information from some high profile posters. I didn't post, thought it best to not add to the fire with the hopes the thread would die.

As long as you are happy with your speakers that is all that matters.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
nickbuol #351152 06/29/11 04:18 AM
B
veteran
veteran
B
I followed a recent thread over at AVS regarding Axiom and just about everybody got involved. There was a lot of negative remarks or comments that you better have thick skin. I still rather enjoy AVS because it's a great place to read and learn I for one have a lot of repect for many members in the DIY section but you know somebody is always lurking... grin.

billy p #351325 07/02/11 12:59 PM
aficionado
aficionado

I just read through the "Any thoughts on axiom audio speakers?" thread...wow. Highly technical, informative and heated thread including multiple posts from Andrew, Brent and Ian, which I did not expect. Interesting reading. lots of barbs thrown, still love my speakers. laugh

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
Spoiler #351335 07/02/11 06:08 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Many months, hell maybe a year ago, I cleaned out my computers cookies and lost my automatic login to AVS. I never bothered to login again, and probably won’t until I need to upgrade something.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
grunt #351339 07/02/11 07:10 PM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
I started reading the AVS thread when it was mentioned in Blu-ray.com's forum, and I've just read more. I did skim quite a bit, and way too much of it is over my head. I'm glad people are passionate about the hobby, at least. I don't have any intelligence of my own to stamp onto the discussion, but I do hope Axiom keeps finding new ways to improve their products, even if it's not in the ways other people are trying to browbeat them into doing it.

I'm happy with the sound of my system. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop upgrading. It's not really a hobby if you just make one purchase and call it good. That said, I don't want to be overwhelmed with a parade of new and improved products that my wallet can't keep up with. Axiom seems to be what I can keep up with financially. Would I like to spend less and get more? Sure, but I don't really see where else I can do that. Would I like to be able to purchase a price-no-object system without batting an eye? Again, of course, but until I trip over a leprechaun and fall into his pot of gold, Axiom seems like the place I want to be, personally. They've been really good to me, and I have a system I'm proud to show off.

I occasionally get disheartened by issues that crop up, but Axiom invariably takes care of me in the end, often exceeding my own hopes for outcome. Parts "quality" aside, THAT has value to me. Like I said, I don't have the knowledge to debate about inductors, capacitors, bracing, damping, comb filtering vs. acoustic interference or whatever other terms were coming up, but I trust that Axiom has the means and motivation to push forward in research in ways that not many others can. If any of the other "experts" (not saying it with quotes to be snide--I'm simply referring to my inadequacy in knowing if they're the real deal or not) participating in the thread have valid points, here's hoping Axiom can be humble enough to take a point or two into consideration and pursue them. If it makes for better products, then why not? On the other hand, if the research they've done already disproves the benefits of the suggestions, then I have no problem with Axiom sticking to their guns.

Most of all, I just want to express again how much I enjoy my system, and that I look forward to continuing to upgrade with Axiom over the years. I know, I know. I still haven't gotten my VP180 (or two), but I'm really curious about the murmurings of a new line of speakers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters