Rate Thread
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
Re: The Pet Peeve thread......
CatBrat #355545 09/26/11 04:14 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Originally Posted By: 72mustang

- commission sales people.
- commission sales people who do not give you the final price untill your ready to sign the deal and then say " oh... you also must pay this/that and everything else on top of what I quoted you. "

Well, I DO work on commission selling insurance...mostly auto insurance. My pet peeve is when people don't give me correct information at the time of the quote, and then thinking I'm ripping them off if the price goes up. It's not my fault you "forgot" about that ticket.

Originally Posted By: CatBrat
People who pull out in front of you in traffic, then drive slow.

Oh, that one makes me REALLY mad! Another one is when people brake to almost a complete stop THEN put on their turn signal. It should be the other way around.

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD
sonicfox #355546 09/26/11 04:23 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
How about people that don't turn signal at all? Then there are the ones making a left turn at a heavy intersection with stop light. The ones that refuse to move to the middle of the intersection so that they can go ahead and turn when the light changes (my personal fave)

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
Argon #355548 09/26/11 04:31 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I just switched to a new phone and service recently. Was never told about all of the "Extra" $5 charges for every little thing you might want.

CatBrat #355562 09/27/11 01:01 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I just switched to a new phone and service recently. Was never told about all of the "Extra" $5 charges for every little thing you might want.

That is exaclty what Im talking about.

Case in point... bought a motorcycle several years ago. Bought it 1 hour away in another dealership. On the morning of going down to seal the deal, I called and asked the sales guy what the final price so I can have my bank make out a bank draft to give to the dealership. His words were... " Bike and tax. Total is blah blah blah. " So I go to the bank and they make out the draft for set amount. I drive 1 hour to dealership. We sit down in the room and when the paper work is placed in front of me to sign I notice an increase of $400 plus. I said " WTF is this extra $400? " He said its dealership fees, set up fees and registration fee's. I mentioned the FINAL price he said on the phone and his excuse was.. " I told you what the price of the BIKE and TAX is. Everyone knows there are additional fee's added like these Im pointing out to you ". I said wipe the $400 off or the deal is cancelled. I got up and they agreed to wipe the $400 off. Real slimmy way of making something appear cheaper to lure you in and at the final moment hit you with additional fee's even AFTER asking was the final price would be.

72mustang #355573 09/27/11 02:21 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Reminds me of when I refinanced my house in 2002. I was told by the mortgage company that this refinance wouldn't cost me anything. It wasn't until I was signing the paperwork, that I found out it was going to cost me about $4000 and was added onto the amount I was refinancing. LIARS.

As a general rule, I hate sales people. I went to classes once to learn how to sell Encyclopedia Bricanicas. I hated the trainer, so much, that I quit. He was a real nasty buggar.

CatBrat #355578 09/27/11 03:24 AM
old hand
old hand
My motherinlaw is a comm jewlery sales lady. She tells numerous stories of people coming in with a set limit on what they have to spend and after awhile they walk out paying twice as much for something else because of the "tactics" she uses to sell items that were taught to her. She feeds on human impulse weakness'es. LOL I dont blame her though... only trying to make a buck plus people should know to say " NO " when pressure saled. Its not so much the pressure sales I cant stand as much as the Lies used to lure and trap unsuspecting customers. Of course... this does not apply to all sales people and is only my personal views and opinions.

Last edited by 72mustang; 09/27/11 03:27 AM.
72mustang #355619 09/27/11 04:26 PM
axiomite
axiomite
On people making turns in their cars...some people seem like they're driving 18 wheelers around corners the way they swing out into traffic...also, some people making left turns, position themselves too far over, one way or the other, obscurring the view of left hand turners on the opposite side, or they are too far into the intersection.

On jewellers...I've seen shady salesman(women?) claim their diamonds are of top quality with no visible defects when I can clearly see HUGE inclusions WITHOUT my reading glasses...they kept insisting I couldn't see anything. One thing I could see clearly was not buying anything from them.

Clerks with no knowledge about what they're selling but make things up anyway.

Ford's negative advertising campaign..."I used to drive a Honda...."

The state of the music industry.

Reality TV.

Athletes salaries.

The guy who cut me off yesterday.

Yappy dogs.

People who leave shopping carts out in the parking lot/attendants who leave them there.

Any gossip rags near cash-out.

Promises made by politicians to get elected.

Government lack of support for entreprenuerial minded people.

...I didn't realize I was so bitter...

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #355622 09/27/11 04:45 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Good list. Probably my biggest pet peeve, or dislike, is

Politicians.

It doesn't make any sense to let politicians run (or rather, ruin) a country.

CatBrat #355623 09/27/11 04:58 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Times 10 on "Reality" shows.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
Argon #356939 10/18/11 04:47 PM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
shareholder in the making
"Hi. I'm sorry I didn't have an appointment, but thought I'd drop in to see if you can copy this disc?"

"Hi. I've got a job running right now, but if you have other errands to run, you can come back for it."

"OK. I can come back in about half an hour."

"Sounds good. How many copies do you need?"

"Fifty".

"Hmmm. I probably can't get 50 ready quite that quick after the other job finishes. How do you want them printed?"

"Oh, I don't know. Can I get back to you about that and just pick them up tomorrow?"

"Sure. I'll design it and send you a JPEG for approval!".

{{Later in the day, client calls with the text she wants printed and also decides she wants the company logo. I design it and send her the JPEG as promised, letting her know that the discs are burned and as soon as she gets back to me with approval of the imprint I can quickly get it all wrapped up for her.}}

Today I receive an email:
"I have a major concern…is there anyway to delete a piece of the presentation that has already been copied? {{The disc had a PowerPoint Presentation on it- Ed.}} There are pieces of the presentation that I wanted to remove, and this is why I simply wanted you to look over the piece, and make sure that we were able to copy, and then discuss the project further. I apologize for the confusion, but if you could let me know if this is possible, or if we need to figure out another solution."

Me: I guess when she asked if I could copy the disc, she was literally asking me if I COULD copy the disc?

PS- she's the "Chief Development Officer" for this organization!

Grrrrrr.....

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082