Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
4 registered (MarkSJohnson, Adrian, adrrad, Ken.C), 90 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12687 Members
11 Forums
22680 Topics
400427 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16222
SirQuack 13311
CV 11056
MarkSJohnson 10672
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#356925 - 10/18/11 12:03 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: tomtuttle]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
and it adds virtually no weight or dimension to the device.

First I get carried away with "zeros," and now you're goin' all fractal on us. Boy, would my work day be easier if I could veneer something and have it add virtually no dimension. How "virtual" we talkin'?

Gee, Mrs, Jones. I'm sorry for that gap there, but, afterall, it IS virtual.

What's next, "Einstein Express: when it absolutley positively has to get there yesterday?"

#356927 - 10/18/11 12:09 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: BobKay]
oldskoolboarder Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Menlo Park, CA
If you're household is already committed to the iTunes ecosystem, iPad 2 is the logical choice, especially if you have quite a few purchases.

I'm pretty committed to the Apple ecosystem w/ several Macs at home, work, iphone 3g/4 and iPad 2. However, since I love 'toys' I'm on the pre-order w/ the Kindle Fire. For the price of 2, you still couldn't afford an iPad. We have a Kindle 2 and love it. I've used it for the daily local paper, the kids use it for books and comics, the wife uses it, etc. It's great for travel and IMHO, the iPad 2 doesn't compare as strictly a reading device. That being said, it would be nice to have a few more features, like color, to step up the Kindle. I don't need another iPad but at $200, the Fire seems like a fairly decent option. It runs Android and will have a lot of Amazon content there, which works out well since we're Amazon Prime subscribers.

#356937 - 10/18/11 12:43 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: oldskoolboarder]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Bob, you KNOW I'm not a scientist.

Apologies for the imprecise language.

#356944 - 10/18/11 01:33 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: tomtuttle]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Beerology is a perfectly valid science!

#356957 - 10/18/11 02:54 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: tomtuttle]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Bob, you KNOW I'm not a scientist.

Apologies for the imprecise language.

I couldn't trust you if you were.

#356962 - 10/18/11 03:51 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: pmbuko]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
It is no secret that I am not an Apple fanboy

Let's leave pejoratives out of the discussion.
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I hate how much Apple software is always running in the background on my computer just for the times that my kids happen to plug in their iPods.

Have you measured the impact these three processes have on your computer when iTunes isn't running or when no Apple device is connected?

The only derogatory terms were describing me. LOL.

As for the apps, I don't care if they are just sitting idle, it is what they are sitting idle waiting for... For someone to plug in their Apple product and then launch the stinking iTunes store. Needless to say, I've disabled the launching of anything, but those little programs are still sitting.... waiting... stalking.... sending my biometrics back to Apple HQ... taking random DNA samples through my mouse and keyboard... MAKING A CLONE OF ME AS WE SPEAK!!! AAAARRAARHRHHRHGGGG!
Oh Crap! What if I am the clone.

Seriously though, I try to keep my system from getting bogged down by "helper" apps regardless of who they are from or what hardware they are there for.

So, does anyone know if there is a test to find out if I am a clone? Maybe some sort of eye test like in the Sixth Day movie...

#356966 - 10/18/11 04:05 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: nickbuol]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

#1. Seriously though, I try to keep my system from getting bogged down by "helper" apps regardless of who they are from or what hardware they are there for.

#2. So, does anyone know if there is a test to find out if I am a clone? Maybe some sort of eye test like in the Sixth Day movie... [/quote]

#1. I find, like Murph referenced earlier, that bran often helps. And just stop having that many "apps" before dinner. Calling them "helper" apps doesn't change anything.

#2. If there is a clone test, you can bet your 'a' that either Tony Fauci or Craig Vetner already have dib$ on it.

#356981 - 10/18/11 09:43 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: BobKay]
nickbuol Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Marion, IA
I should pick up some FiberOne or something I guess. LOL Thanks for all the "tips" guys! smirk

#358055 - 11/04/11 01:15 PM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: nickbuol]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
I have been playing around getting to know a Sammy 10.1 for about a week now. Setting it up for my mom. Stellar device! The only issue I have ran into so far is getting either of my pc's which run xp and vista to recognize the tablet. On the tablet it will still show it is connected and that the battery is charging but the computer doesn't show the device. I think I might have to install the Samsung Kies program cry eek because downloading the driver alone didn't work. It also kills me that I have to buy a USB adapter so she can use SD cards with it. An option which should have been included on this device and would have not compromised the slick form factor. My only real issue with this device is the non-friendly and lack of connectivity out of the box.

I have been also reading up on the "oil slick" called newton rings on some of the tablets. It is due to insufficient glue adhesion between the screens. A manufacturing fault. The good thing is this problems occurs in the first few weeks of operation so you can just return it for a full refund. Shouldn't be a problem any more if you buy one now.

-Max Payne

#367517 - 02/21/12 11:23 AM Re: IPad 2 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1 ----- Fight!!! [Re: Murph]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: Murph
My wife may have destroyed her iPad 1. Sooooo, as per the subject. I'm not throwing in any self thoughts to keep it neutral to start.

If you haven't purchased either one yet, Future Shop now sells the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 16GB for $399.99...unbelievable bargain.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/s...c/10173293.aspx

-Max Payne

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.