Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Multiple Subs
CV #360003 12/02/11 08:20 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: CV
Oh, great. I didn't know fun was the objective. I thought I was doing my part by weirding everyone out.

Wow, and the insight just keeps on comin'!

I think you've shown remarkable progress, CV. Shall we schedule another session in a week?

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #360008 12/02/11 09:40 PM
shareholder in the making
GT, WTF is your problem? If you don't want to buy an Axiom sub, then don't. Many others are enjoying theirs just fine.

I know I said I'd stay out of it, but trolls piss me off, and it's evident that that's all he is at this point....owner or not.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
medic8r #360049 12/03/11 05:21 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Originally Posted By: medic8r
I think you've shown remarkable progress, CV. Shall we schedule another session in a week?

Nothing beats public therapy.

CV #360055 12/03/11 10:52 AM
aficionado
aficionado

Dr. Phil and his pocketbook agree!

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED
CV #360058 12/03/11 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: CV

Nothing beats public therapy.

Therapy beats public beatings.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #360066 12/03/11 04:26 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
GT, WTF is your problem? If you don't want to buy an Axiom sub, then don't. Many others are enjoying theirs just fine.

I know I said I'd stay out of it, but trolls piss me off, and it's evident that that's all he is at this point....owner or not.

I don't have a problem. I made a comment about my feelings on Axiom subs, being an owner of multiple Axiom products I feel I should have the right to do that. JC didn't like that comment, and didn't want to answer my questions on Axiom, and he went on to assume that I didn't own a sub and just repeating what I read on various forums. The only opinions that are allowed here on this forum is positive only. The slightest negative comment and you guys go on an all out attack. And when someone brings facts to and arguement and posts graphs and makes a good case you guys can't handle it and post stupid pictures or change the topic to small talk.

Amie is a good PR person, but never answer any questions. She said that Axiom isn't focusing their energy on shoots outs or test, Why??? All you do is contact a review and send a product and they do the rest. You ever wonder why Axiom products never really get a full on test/review? When other products espcially ID brands get a full battery of tests, measurements, properly done blind test ect... I know companies don't like to have their products look bad, but they should also go, heres what we got, we're not hiding anything. And if our product fails to perform, back to the drawing board and our goal next time is to be perfect or damn near close. Axiom does the marketing to tell everyone how great the stuff is but done want to back the claims up.

"Sucks" was a bad choice to use but IMO it wouldn't have made a difference because I still would have been attack and challenged. I enjoy being challenged in a debate on things I enjoy, but don't bring baseless childish posts in it.

I posted the EP400 brickwall graph and J.B. didn't even try to look at it and said Oh thats a ported sub get your facts straight. Really? Since when is a EP400 ported and why does a sealed sub drop like a rock off the cliff? I know you guys hate facts and science type stuff but a "Brickwall" HPF kills the room gain below the HPF. And causes lots of audible group delay at the cutoff freq. Nobody here though "I wonder why Axiom did that?" But instead I see 3 Stooges pictures and Chevy vs Ford comments. I'm the troll? I'm talking about subwoofer and subwoofer designs and gave my opinion on that, what does 3 stooges and cars have to do with Axiom audio???

Last edited by gtpsuper; 12/03/11 04:28 PM.
gtpsuper #360067 12/03/11 04:41 PM
The trouble with this discussion, GT, is that you won't accept any answer at this point other than Axiom saying "Yup, you're right, we snowed you all, ha ha." and us saying "Oh lord, you're right, they snowed us and we're a bunch of jackasses."

Conversely, we (as the collective of people who you're pissing off) won't accept any answer from you other than "Oh, you're right, you're not a bunch of suckers, sorry about that."

You didn't just say suck. You said a lot more than that, and I don't care to look up the vitriol and repeat it again.

Maybe you keep hearing the same answers to your questions because they're the truth.

I'm done here, and I'm personally putting you on ignore so I don't have to read your crap any more. I'm sorry to have to do that, but I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

Last edited by Ken.C; 12/03/11 04:46 PM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ken.C #360072 12/03/11 05:37 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
gtpsuper, it's all in the attitude...

repeat after me: it's all in my attitude, it's all in my attitude, it's all in my attitude, it's all in my attitude, it's all in my attitude, it's all in my attitude...etc...

J. B. #360075 12/03/11 07:06 PM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Yep probably a little harsh but when your trying to get discredited right after the first post it kind of makes you upset.

I'm not trying to convince everyone that they are wrong and i'm right. Its I was trying to make a point and never got a clear arguement back except to say TROLL TROLL I'm Leaving I don't have time for this.

"This is the forum where you can find answers to all your questions about loudspeakers, home theater, and audio/video. It's also a great place to meet other members of the Axiom family and ask for their opinions and advice, to get PRODUCT COMPARISONS, and to give us your suggestions on how we can continue to improve our Axiom web site experience."

They should add to that "Only if you agree with Axiom and think they are perfect, if you disagree you will be hated and accused of being a troll"

Sorry if a simple forum conversation stresses you out. I can't imagine what real life situations do to you. Maybe because you can't come up with an arguement or a complete though instead you just say Troll and i'm ignoring you.

But I'll just go ahead and leave you Axiom marketing and salesmen alone. Sorry it had to turn into a debate about designs, features, quality and not a salesjob.

gtpsuper #360078 12/03/11 07:50 PM
C
CV Offline
C
I see your points, gtpsuper, and hopefully you won't go away. It'll be fine if we can all just take a step back and breathe, don't you think? I'm interested in the design choices, and Ian and Andrew have stepped up in the past to give a little insight on some of their choices. It's their right to do that or not do that, but I think a little patience is in order.

Also, you might try to see if there's enough of an enthusiast community in your area to have get-togethers and compare gear directly. Head-to-head in a real-world setting would probably satisfy a lot of your curiosity, even with the compromises that come with that kind of arrangement.

In any case, I do think we have reacted a little too strongly on a couple of occasions. I'm not well-read enough to be able to respond to your points, so I was hoping some other people would step in. All I can say is I'm very happy with the clean, deeeep, articulate bass I get from my four EP800s, but I realize not everyone can commit that much money. Ha ha. I'm still surprised I did. I'm still curious about other offerings, though. HSU, SVS, Rhythmik, and eD are all brands I would love to try. I'm just going to find it hard to justify when I already have such a great setup. One of these days....

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters