AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (Kevin1), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403264 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 76 of 99 < 1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 98 99 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#358317 - 11/08/11 10:04 AM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: MarkSJohnson]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Since spicy went by a few posts ago. I have been playing with adding random stuff to a base of a Thai Sweet Chili sauce and Soy Sauce for a broiled or BBQed salmon marinade. Now just add whatever other ingredients you think might compliment the tangy spiciness.

It seems you just can't go wrong with whatever extra extra ingredients you choose as long as you don't seriously overpower the Thai Sweet Chili. Super simple and never the same twice, so far.

#359323 - 11/25/11 11:49 AM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: Murph]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
I just did a bit of digging into lutefisk. I saw photos that no judge could force a juror to look at. Especially a "serving suggestion" photo that included bacon, potatoes and mashed peas. Is that from a dyslexic cookbook? See what living too far from the equator does to humans?

Quote from Garrison Keillor's book Pontoon:

"Lutefisk is cod that has been dried in a lye solution. It looks like the desiccated cadavers of squirrels run over by trucks, but after it is soaked and reconstituted and the lye is washed out and it's cooked, it looks more fish-related, though with lutefisk, the window of success is small. It can be tasty, but the statistics aren’t on your side. It is the hereditary delicacy of Swedes and Norwegians who serve it around the holidays, in memory of their ancestors, who ate it because they were poor. Most lutefisk is not edible by normal people. It is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world's largest chunk of phlegm."

Some insults are best left to others.

Edited by BobKay (11/25/11 12:06 PM)

#359326 - 11/25/11 12:21 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: BobKay]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Keillor should be named the Poet Laureate of cook books. That was some very descriptive writing.

#359327 - 11/25/11 12:51 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: BobKay]
cb919 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
I am so sending that text to my mom who hangs on very strongly to her Swedish roots. Thanks for another great laugh today.

#361038 - 12/15/11 09:41 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: cb919]
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
Since you guys like sharing pics of your pork, I thought I'd share mine.

Made it with this recipe and our usual homemade BBQ sauce.

#361040 - 12/15/11 09:48 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: Ken.C]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Ken how did the pork turn out? A liter of Coke sounds like a lot, sounds intriguing.

smile

#361043 - 12/15/11 10:08 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: RickF]
Ken.C Offline

Loc: NoVA
Pretty good. Needed salt. I'm not sure if the Coke really did all that much, and a lot of the flavor of course was hidden by the BBQ sauce. I ended up using 4 cans (more than 1 L). My wife was more than a bit surprised by the amount of Coke I used. If I do it again, I'll use less--it kind of spilled over and made a huge mess.

We ate it on naan from Trader Joes, making what I like to think of as a multicultural taco.

#361113 - 12/16/11 04:16 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: Ken.C]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
multicultural taco

Isn't that the title of Negative Orange's Latin America tour that ran for a few weeks this summer before it had to be cancelled because the lead singer developed severe gastrointestinal issues?

#361116 - 12/16/11 04:43 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: pmbuko]
medic8r Offline
axiomite

Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia
I don't know, but I'll bet CV has a photocopy of the Imodium receipts to prove it!

#361127 - 12/16/11 06:11 PM Re: What yummy thing are you eating tonight? [Re: medic8r]
a401classic Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
On tap for tonight: Italian Sushi.

Officially called "Pesto Encrusted Tuna"
Sashimi grade tuna filet
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Romano Cheese, grated
Pesto Sauce

Season filets with S&P, coat with olive oil. Heat pan med hot, wipe with thin coat of olive oil. Put ~1/4 cup romano in pan per filet in approximate shape of filet piece, place filet on top. Cook 1-2 min,
flip w/ cheese intact. Sear other side, plate, top with pesto. Serve with fettucini alfreo and a nice pinot noir. Should be rare inside for those that like sushi, romano is golden brown and crunchy.

Ciao!

Pics later.

My HT

Page 76 of 99 < 1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 98 99 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.