Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 34 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34
Re: So what are you dreaming of tonight?
CV #368462 03/02/12 01:41 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: CV

I'm generally stressing too much lately. Work's not going great, but most of that is my fault. Sleep hasn't come easy, and then it's hard to get back to sleep after waking up prematurely. If this persists, hopefully it at least leads to some more interesting dreams.

Hang in there, Charles. Relaxation techniques really can help. Don't laugh, but back in Jr. College I took some acting classes (i needed easy credits) and the single most useful thing I took away from that is a breathing exercise where you force all thoughts out of your head. We practiced it at the beginning of each class to clear jitters and all that stuff.

Still use it at times when I'm having trouble unplugging the noggin at night.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
St_PatGuy #368463 03/02/12 01:53 AM
C
CV Offline OP
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Hang in there, Charles. Relaxation techniques really can help. Don't laugh, but back in Jr. College I took some acting classes (i needed easy credits) and the single most useful thing I took away from that is a breathing exercise where you force all thoughts out of your head. We practiced it at the beginning of each class to clear jitters and all that stuff.

Still use it at times when I'm having trouble unplugging the noggin at night.

Thanks, Sean. Sounds like a handy exercise to have in the repertoire. I definitely need to do something. I'm actually home early from work today due to a major headache that developed, most likely from the stress. I don't get these headaches often any more, but they shut me down pretty good when I do get them. Fingers crossed that they stay infrequent.

St_PatGuy #368472 03/02/12 03:14 AM
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
a breathing exercise where you force all thoughts out of your head.

Well, Crap. I've been breathing and not thinking my whole life. And no smartypants schooling needed was I not had.....

Ummmm.

What was I sayin'?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
CV #368474 03/02/12 03:22 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
CV was dreaming that he had friends. Sorry buddy, but you are stuck with us.

M3 and
M80
Lampshade #368488 03/02/12 06:13 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Lampshade
CV was dreaming that he had friends. Sorry buddy, but you are stuck with us.

Then he woke up with a lampshade and realized he had a problem.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
CV #368647 03/04/12 05:54 PM
C
CV Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I dreamed I was at a theater again. I was with my sister and some other friends, and we were going to see an animated movie about a young Davy Jones, maybe like a Muppet Babies sort of thing. It was called Little Davy.

My sister and friends were ahead of me in the concession line, so they got their food and went ahead to the theater. For some reason a person ahead of me in line stacked their food item on mine while they were doing something, so I was waiting for him to remove it before proceeding. It got spilled, so I lost a little more time as people cleaned it up around me.

I was finally on my way to a screen, but I chose the wrong one. I hadn't really been paying attention to screen number, simply walked into the nearest one. In the dark, someone said, "CV? You made it." I finally made out that it was Nicole and Chris, who I don't know too well but who are always posting about going to restaurants and movies on Facebook. But someone kept talking, and it turned out to be my coworker/best friend. She was supposedly there with her granddaughter, but I only saw her. The movie turned out to be a Mr. Belvedere movie. I pretended I was still finding my party so I wouldn't look stupid to the people who recognized me, tried to quietly make my way out.

My ticket said the movie was playing on screen 144. I kept going through the halls searching for it, but none of them were right. Eventually I remembered there was a middle hallway for elite members, so I went down that one. It was a little odd since the entrances to those screens were open, no doors attempting soundproofing. I kept looking in and hearing the films from the hall. Several of them had very graphic adult scenes going on, and it struck me that that would be pretty weird to have visible through doorless openings to people en route to a children's movie. I never did find Little Davy and rejoin my party, and I woke up.

And now there's a weird sound coming from the kitchen that I can't quite locate the source of. At least, it sounds like it's coming from the kitchen.

CV #368691 03/05/12 02:57 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
Hey Cv, you could have ended up with someone last night and now they're cooking breakfast? cool

CV #368724 03/05/12 01:01 PM
axiomite
axiomite
On the plus side Charles, you are actually still sleeping and sleeping deep enough to get into deep dream states. When I get stressed about work I have a hard time getting enough sleep.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
CV #370736 03/23/12 02:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The most common theme I experience in my dreams are variations on the "exam nightmare". Unable to solve a problem, sleep in and miss the exam, unable to find the exam room on campus, forget my calculator etc.

Car accidents is another one.

The most freaky one was a variation on the "losing your teeth" dream. I had this dream during a stressful period when I was completing my undergraduate. My jaw closed shut and whenever I would try to resist the pressure would get greater and greater. It got to a point where my teeth shattered like pieces of ice in my mouth. The sound of the teeth grinding, rolling around inside your mouth and spitting them out felt so real.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
CV #370740 03/23/12 02:59 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I rarely remember a dream, but last night I had one that I can remember bits and pieces of.

I was living somewhere near the country. Someone, given name only and approx. location sent me a time machine. Not a real time machine, but some sort of boxy contraption that did something, but I don't think the dream ever spelled it out. My goal was to pay him for it, that is, if I could just find him. So I made 2 attempts to locate him. He lived out in the country, not far from me and I went there both times in search of him on foot and in the nude. I'd get to the first house to ask about him, and then I'd realize I was naked and go back home. The 2nd time I ran into a couple of women, realized I was naked, then went back home. About this time, my alarm clock went off.

Page 31 of 34 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters