C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
Originally Posted By: LucRaymond
they really are awesome! Impressive sound. It's great to be able to ear systems that cost a lot more and be able to compare them to something that you can actually buy.

Did you take any of your own music to listen to on them? Just wondering if you can go into any more detail on the sound. I can't wait to hear them myself.

Re: You Knew This Was Coming . . .
CV #370826 03/24/12 03:01 PM
L
LRA Offline
devotee
devotee
L
Originally Posted By: CV
Originally Posted By: LucRaymond
they really are awesome! Impressive sound. It's great to be able to ear systems that cost a lot more and be able to compare them to something that you can actually buy.

Did you take any of your own music to listen to on them? Just wondering if you can go into any more detail on the sound. I can't wait to hear them myself.

I didn't bring anything, took me and my buddy 5 hours to enter in every rooms but we would have need 10h more! smile

I can hardly go into details because my audiophile vocabulary consists of words like : wow, kick-ass and awesome!

The speakers were sharing a 70'x30' room. I'm sure that you get something very different in our home. They were placed like 4 feet from the wall and there was no walls directly on the side.

I actually went behind the speaker and what you hear from behind is excellent. Since the bass is omnidirectional it's like having 2 full range speakers back to back. I'm sure that with these speakers you don't need to put the volume very loud. You can fill the room with sound at very low volume.

Reminds me of the bigger Mirage loudspeakers.

I personally enjoy being surrounded by sound. I often listen to music in 7.1 instead of 2.0. I would definitely see myself enjoying music with these in a 2.0 setup.

I'm anxious to see if someone will actually put this in a small room (12x12). These babies are huge and can really sing loud!! But if you need to put them 4 feet from each wall they would be 4 feet apart from each other.

Re: Some Show Updates
Amie #370858 03/25/12 01:00 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Amie
I'm doing a terrible job at keeping everyone posted on the show, I know - I think the best thing would be if you all just came up to see for yourself. smile

Barring that . . . there sure are a lot of amazing setups here. Some are pretty wild just from room layout, and some are pretty wild from a product perspective. One that really caught my attention today was the Devialet Integrated Amplifier. (http://www.devialet.com). The thing in the second shot is a poor picture of their very cool remote.

I heard about it from Doug Schneider, and he made it sound like the future of audio had arrived . . . "Here's what makes the Devialet D-Premier so special: it uses a new kind of amplifier design that marries pure-class-A amplification with a class-D amplifier. The class-A portion is used for voltage, and the class-D section is used for current." - Doug Schneider, SoundStage CES article

They've got a really interesting display, with all the pieces of the product opened up and set out for inspection. If you're stopping by the show, make it a point to check it out! They're across the lounge from our room.

Don't worry - you definitely won't get lost trying to find us!

Lots going on on the Bryston side of our demo room and tomorrow I'll update you on Andrew's new favourite toy . . .

Until then!

Amie, you should ask the hotel concierge where they got those white, lighted planters. They're just too fabu for words! I think they'd look thtupendouth on your dock at night!!

Oh, ya, and good look with all that hi-fi and sound stuff you're showing. Great that you guys just happened to be there for poutine when all this is going on, huh? And you had products in the car WITH you?!? Amazing!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #371055 03/26/12 03:43 PM
L
LRA Offline
devotee
devotee
L
Originally Posted By: BobKay

Amie, you should ask the hotel concierge where they got those white, lighted planters. They're just too fabu for words! I think they'd look thtupendouth on your dock at night!!

Here you go!
http://www.amazon.com/Tapered-Illuminated-Planter-16x-25/dp/B004PASHMO

185$

link

LRA #371060 03/26/12 03:56 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Luc, you kill me! Thanks for the effort!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #380359 07/19/12 05:58 PM
E
hobbyist
hobbyist
E
Axiom Sparta. Then if you choose to make a smaller version it can be call Axiom Gladiator. Then for new bookshelf speakers Axiom Centurion. smile

Amie #380360 07/19/12 06:03 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
GOD, if you were what you say, all knowing, you would have realized that you forgot the "zilla".
that changes things, doesn't it?

J. B. #380382 07/19/12 10:10 PM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
Nice Blue Oyster Cult....playing now!

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic