Axiom getting trashed on 3 major forums
#372117 04/05/12 01:51 AM
D
Dduval Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
D
I just can't help but to post this here as I'm so pissed reading people trash Axiom @ avs, blu-ray forum, and audioholics.

It's everything I can do not to post replies there telling these idiots to shut the F up! But I know I would just be feeding the trolls. Good god I need therapy! I mean I read all audio forums because I enjoy it so much, loving the information and gathering more knowledge.
But Christ! Now I can't even come home from a long day at work and relax reading forums without coming across this BS.

Even JC, Ian and Allen have tried to intervene to no avail...

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Re: Axiom getting trashed on 3 major forums
Dduval #372121 04/05/12 02:22 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Thanks for advising us. I've been watching it too but I didn't have the kahoonas to bring it up again.

It is some of the same nasty characters that we have dealt with here. While they have been largely run off from here, they keep showing up elsewhere with their vile & poisonous trolling, even in forums that are not Axiom related. I hate to say it, but this cannot be good for Axiom as it is so negative & never ending.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone in their right mine would act that way & continue on, on & on with their diatribes. There seems to be some mental & personality deficiencies with that group of posters.

Personally, I would like to see the blu-ray.com Axiom thread closed & deleted. It just serves no purpose anymore since that bunch recently arrived. They have completely poisoned a once good forum...

TAM

exlabdriver #372122 04/05/12 02:26 AM
D
Dduval Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
D
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver

Personally, I would like to see the blu-ray.com Axiom thread closed & deleted. It just serves no purpose anymore since that bunch recently arrived. They have completely poisoned a once good forum...

TAM

The blu-ray mods are cracking the whip as I type right now, they have already deleted a bunch of posts. It looks like the whole thread may go, time will tell...

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Dduval #372127 04/05/12 02:40 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

You do have to wonder how this affects the companies bottom line. Personally I think the few that bash just have some sort of personal vendetta against Axiom and this is some sort of payback in their own feeble mind.

Seems there are more speaker designers on these forums than carter has pills. At least they think so but none of them have put their own product to market. Bullshit as I see it, just bullshit.

If it's not comb filtering they argue about it would be something else about Axiom that gets their panties in a twist.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Dduval #372129 04/05/12 02:52 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The Axiom forum is really the only audio forum i actively participate in.. I may search the others for something specific... I have glanced at the Axiom bashing threads.... My impression is that they are a bunch of Ignorant fucks... please pardon my language... I don't think i would classify myself as an Axiom fan boy... I am happy with the products that i have bought from them, and continue to buy more..... What other company can you email the owner of the company and get an answer pretty quick? I'm sure that all those who don't like axiom have the owner of their speakers home phone number right? The other day i was nearly chatting with Ian over e-mail, we both were at the computer and checking e-mail at the same time.... I had a question about a special request for my LFR's. Without going into details, Ian was more than willing and quite helpful with my special request..

I own other brands of speakers as well, and am quite sure that i would never get this level of service from other brands.. If they did offer this level, it would be at a VERY steep price........

Wid #372131 04/05/12 03:06 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Wid

You do have to wonder how this affects the companies bottom line. Personally I think the few that bash just have some sort of personal vendetta against Axiom and this is some sort of payback in their own feeble mind.

And we have a winner. Both Pure-Evil (better know as Jinx in these here parts) and gtpsuper24 joined this forum, unwisely misbehaved, and had their lunch handed to them by the forum members. They lost their temper and, since then, have remained so full of hate that both have been on an Anti-Axiom campaign all over the internet. They are, indeed, previous Axiom owners, and, as such, have the right to post their dissatisfaction with Axiom products. But they pass themselves off as unbiased, and that is not the case. They should make their bias known.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #372132 04/05/12 03:23 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Ajax
But they pass themselves off as unbiased, and that is not the case. They should make their bias known.

Does anyone anymore? Ever? Anywhere? For anything? Publicly?

'Tis too bad. The first time I ever used the web to research a purchase, maniacally, was for all my a/v gear. As soon as searches brought me to forums and threads, I checked out immediately. Reading posts by people (I don't know and could give 2 shitbits about) argue over something I'm really insterested in doesn't provide the kind of info I've ever been looking for. I'd like to think that any reader who was paying attention could instantly see anger and venom, and therefore, discount any opinions that are that extreme and personal-agenda laden. Ha! Who'm I kidding?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #372134 04/05/12 03:45 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Ajax
They should make their bias known.

Originally Posted By: BobKay
I'd like to think that any reader who was paying attention could instantly see anger and venom, and therefore, discount any opinions that are that extreme and personal-agenda laden.

OK, which one wins the naive-comment-of-the-day award.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Dduval #372135 04/05/12 03:54 AM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Combfiltering exist but.
People complain about it and buy home cinema array of speackers from 5.1/2 to 7.1/2.
Check at the speackers config from most people that post messages on forums who complain about it.

Monophonic and monophonic /large band is the way to go if you must avoid at all cost combfiltering.
Everyone go get some smile
Mono is the way to listen music.

To avoid combfiltering less mic for recording is a must.
I think we should all go back for Mono source.

that's pretty strange.
I'm still fine with 2.0 setup and i do like to watch movies in cinemas...

something is wrong.

Last edited by Adelin; 04/05/12 03:57 AM.
Dduval #372136 04/05/12 04:39 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I was a part of the mess over at Blu-Ray.com So was JC. I tried to get onto the good sides of the bashers, and even tried to calm things down, just to have it continue on and on... Heck, several people gave one of my long posts a "+1" and even stated that it was the most refreshing post in the thread. But it went in the toilet again. My last post was that I was unsubscribing to the thread since it had gotten worse than the product posturing over at AVS. I haven't gone back.

This is definitely my most frequented forum for any and all of my hobbies. A/V related, I still go over to AVS but it is mainly to check in on theater build thread, or the owners threads for my new projector or receiver, oh and a few demo disc threads. I stay away from anything speaker related because I just couldn't give a flying fart about those "discussions". I'm super happy with my Axioms, I really don't care about anything else. It isn't like I want to spend the time and money to "move up" to whatever the next level is.

So I say, "Piss off" to those people that totally trash this hobby with their crap-ass agendas and their rhetoric about something sucking when it doesn't. Those jack (long pause since I don't normally get this angry here, but I'll post it) asses can take a flying leap off of whatever their nearest tall structure, and I wouldn't care... Ok, I'm not saying that anyone should go kill themselves, but you get the point.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020