Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: Pursuing the Truth In Audio You Say?
Ian #372331 04/07/12 01:55 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
It's more specific than Audioholics, actually.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Ian #372341 04/07/12 03:09 AM
D
devotee
devotee
D
And Gene responds...

Wow this is certainly turning out to NOT be a “Good Friday”. It’s unfortunate that Axiom posted this without consulting with me first to examine the facts but I can understand their frustration. The reality of this situation is I hired a close friend of the family about 4 years ago who is now a struggling freshman college student in need of cash. I needed assistance at our corporate office to publish editorial content (none of which was written by him as he is NOT a writer) and also help me move heavy audio gear given the recent back issues I’ve been having. Over the years I’ve been mentoring him on the A/V business and having private conversations about the industry in general. What I didn’t realize was the extent in which he was posting on the forums and under the name “JBALL’ without revealing he unofficially does work for Audioholics. I guess I should have suspected why he was billing me 3+ hours to post a 4-5 page editorial that I could do in ½ the time.

I do however take issue with the following statement made by Ian:

“This resulted in Gene threatening me by saying that he had built the Axiom brand and he could destroy it”.

I can only suspect Ian wrote this out of anger when he discovered JBALL was doing work for our organization. I have always wished Axiom well in their business and I simply don’t use that kind of language nor do I recall ever saying such a thing. We have always given Axiom a fair shake in our reviews and editorials including allowing them the opportunity to peer review all content we publish on their products.

Although we have had disagreements on some aspects of loudspeaker design and theory, we’ve always managed to find common ground with each other. I have always considered Ian/Amie as friends, not just business partners.

In any event, I apologize for this incident and deserve the public flaming in the forums as a result. I take full responsibility for JBALL’s actions and feel quite embarrassed and regretful about these chain of events. Certainly mistakes were made on both sides but our goal is to move forward and rebuild the strong relationship we once forged.

I had a great conversation with Ian/Amie about this and assured them he would NEVER be posting on a public A/V forum again. I asked Axiom to suspend JBALL account and remove all negative posts towards Axiom. Thank you for listening.

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Ken.C #372342 04/07/12 03:10 AM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Gene has just issued a statement...taking full responsibilty...for JBALLs actions.

See above.... blush

Last edited by billy p; 04/07/12 03:12 AM.
Ian #372343 04/07/12 03:32 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
cough cough bullshit cough cough.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Ian #372344 04/07/12 03:40 AM
D
devotee
devotee
D
This is from another forum & member, He said this 1st post Jball ever made on blu ray makes Gene's response all the more interesting...I would have to agree.

Originally Posted by JBALL
The Audioholics review of the M80 system is a joke at best. So are most reviews of Axiom product. They read like a product brochure. I have come to learn you can only read product reviews to get tech data but not real credible opinions. I'd much rather read user experiences on the forums like this one.

I purchased a complete Axiom system b/c of these glowing reviews. I initially liked the system (M60V3, VP150, QS8, EP600). Then I started noticing voices weren't very clear if I didn't sit center seat. AVS threads educated me as to why.

The M60v3s don't sound bad, but at high listening, the midrange gets very broken up, and you can see the woofer moving. I found out they don't use a crossover in that part of the speaker!

I recently heard a pair of Sierra Towers side by side and they totally stomped my Axioms so I was fortunate enough to sell my Axiom system (except my QS8s) to my neighbor. I ordered the Sierra Towers and looking forward to the upgrade.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1947

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740
Gr8_White_North #372345 04/07/12 03:40 AM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Yeah....he owned up to it but...not knowing come on but to what extent...maybe.

Gr8_White_North #372346 04/07/12 03:44 AM
S
aficionado
aficionado
S
That's pretty bad Gene! Honestly.....

Last edited by SBrown; 04/07/12 03:45 AM.
dakkon #372347 04/07/12 03:57 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: dakkon
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I'm at the "I don't care point" with these issues. I never even bother to read the messages (about this topic) on the other sites anymore.

Cat, i think that almost all of us who currently own the product have the same view.. However, potential new customers may be dissuaded from buying Axiom if they read the forums, and formulate an opinion off of what they read. In the long run axiom would not be able to gain market share, which would limit their future ability to increase capital and R&D money...

Perhaps, but, my reading the messages isn't going to help anyone.

Dduval #372348 04/07/12 03:59 AM
D
devotee
devotee
D
Originally Posted By: Dduval
This is from another forum & member, He said this 1st post Jball ever made on blu ray makes Gene's response all the more interesting...I would have to agree.

Originally Posted by JBALL
The Audioholics review of the M80 system is a joke at best. So are most reviews of Axiom product. They read like a product brochure. I have come to learn you can only read product reviews to get tech data but not real credible opinions. I'd much rather read user experiences on the forums like this one.

I purchased a complete Axiom system b/c of these glowing reviews. I initially liked the system (M60V3, VP150, QS8, EP600). Then I started noticing voices weren't very clear if I didn't sit center seat. AVS threads educated me as to why.

The M60v3s don't sound bad, but at high listening, the midrange gets very broken up, and you can see the woofer moving. I found out they don't use a crossover in that part of the speaker!

I recently heard a pair of Sierra Towers side by side and they totally stomped my Axioms so I was fortunate enough to sell my Axiom system (except my QS8s) to my neighbor. I ordered the Sierra Towers and looking forward to the upgrade.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1947

I have to also say that's one hell of axiom system Jball purchased since according to Gene, he is now a struggling student in need of cash. Plus he just bought Acsend towers after he sold his m60's to his neighbor just recently as well... grin

SBrown #372349 04/07/12 04:08 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Lets go slowly. What Gene says certainly could be the case.

The problem, for us, with his explanation is that, if he himself were culpable in some way (and I'm not saying he is), his explanation is precisely what one would expect to hear - an anonymous, young individual, "unofficially" working for Audioholics, was rogue posting all over the internet, for months, without anyone knowing.

Also, his explanation raises as many questions as it provides answers. Did JBall actually buy and own Axioms as he claimed? Why the hatred for Axiom and its products? We know gtpsuper's and Jinx/Pure-Evil's motivation, what was JBall's?

I am hoping there is more to come from Axiom which will confirm or contradict what Gene has said so we will actually KNOW the facts.

At the least, we now know that Ian was dealing with facts.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082