Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: Just the Two of Them
pmbuko #373298 04/14/12 01:16 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Translation: AND THE MEDIA!

Hey, what did the Media ever do... They are just reporting facts.... Especially Fox news, i have found that they are the most reliable unbiased source of information.....

Okok, crap.. that hurt to say......

BobKay #373318 04/14/12 01:58 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It is very interesting that folks deem publication of a significant story evidence of an 'agenda' while not batting an eyelash when their news outlets of choice fail to publish the same significant story. Which would you say is evidence of an agenda?

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
BobKay #373327 04/14/12 03:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
This thread is looking more and more like a mud slinging campaign than heathy conversation. I am dropping out of this after this last comment. I see really biased and blinded comments on ALL sides, yes that means YOU too! Wether it is the Obama is the downfall of civilization comments, or the ones about how smart it was to give money away to greedy corporation (not talking about big oil only, I am talking bailouts) in a "down economy". Let's drive this country massively deeper into dept if we are already struggling. It is and has been bad for a long time. Anyone that thinks that their choice is so great on either side is blatenly egotistical and bullheaded. Again, that most likely applies to you! If you don't think that it does, then maybe you are the one with blinders on. So while my message is in this political thread, and it is good to be passionate about things, it is this type of bickering that can really tear into all of the good things on THIS forum.

I'm out...

Farewell - June 4, 2020
BobKay #373330 04/14/12 03:59 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
While 2X6 may appear to be somewhat extreme, he raises some valid points.

You guys that actually think the media is neutral and Fox is not really need to recalibrate your left/right meters.

BobKay #373343 04/14/12 05:09 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Well guys, it doesn't matter what country you live in these days.

The Western World has lived the good life on credit & largely beyond its means for the past 50 years - obscene debt that is still massively increasing with few plans anywhere to even begin to get a grip on it. Parties on the left, right & center are all responsible (guilty?). While they vehemently spout their respective ideologies during campaigns, they are largely the same once in office - invent more programs, borrow from your rivals (China?), spend excessively & print money when it runs out.

It has gotten to the point that our collective debt is so massive that it cannot ever be paid back. That will eventually bite us.

When the laws of economics finally kick in with a vengence, and they will, it won't matter what politician or party is in power. They will be impotent to do anything to stop the downward spiral once it really cranks up.

Suffice it to say, Europe & North America are in big trouble not far down the road. We are just in the preliminary stages of this phenomena. I see no real leaders anywhere out there that will demonstrate the fortitude to tell the populace of our respective countries the truth of our collective economic situation & the need to tackle it now. Our longstanding 'sense of entitlement' is killing us.

As a radio talk show host said the other day - 'Where is there a Churchill when we need one'...

TAM

exlabdriver #373344 04/14/12 05:19 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver

Suffice it to say, Europe & North America are in big trouble not far down the road. We are just in the preliminary stages of this phenomena. I see no real leaders anywhere out there that will demonstrate the fortitude to tell the populace of our respective countries the truth of our collective economic situation & the need to tackle it now. Our longstanding 'sense of entitlement' is killing us.

I think you are right. If you happen to believe in economic cycles 2013/2014 are the years to watch. It continues to surprise me to see how long the chicken can run with its head cut off.

Us Canadians are sitting up here all smug because our banking system didn't collapse, all the while loading up on debt. Consumer debt in the US is actually inching down and the banks are ever so slowly de-leveraging. Not so in Canada where we are sooo much better than that.

We live in a democracy. If you want to know who is really ruining it for us, look in the mirror. That would involve taking responsibility though...

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
BobKay #373345 04/14/12 05:22 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
While some may disagree with me, I don't think anyone can accuse me of not being civil to those with I whom I disagree. Politics is dispute. People deal with their differing opinions on policy and governmental officials ... differently. Some scream, all caps, some mock, some point to particular policies and evaluate them harshly. In the end, we (down in the temperate portion of the continent) get one vote each. If I think Obama is a demagogue (and I do), and express my opinion, I try to support it with facts. I do not insult people who hold differing opinions. We have to be able to have a political discourse and disagree without being disagreeable. If we all agreed, then the conversation would be boring ...

I'm listening to Nat King Cole on a sweet amp, playing through a pair of Axiom made Michaura M66s and a pair of Velodyne subs, so ... I'm mellow.

Quote:
This thread is looking more and more like a mud slinging campaign than heathy conversation. I am dropping out of this after this last comment. I see really biased and blinded comments on ALL sides, yes that means YOU too! Wether it is the Obama is the downfall of civilization comments, or the ones about how smart it was to give money away to greedy corporation (not talking about big oil only, I am talking bailouts) in a "down economy". Let's drive this country massively deeper into dept if we are already struggling. It is and has been bad for a long time. Anyone that thinks that their choice is so great on either side is blatenly egotistical and bullheaded. Again, that most likely applies to you! If you don't think that it does, then maybe you are the one with blinders on. So while my message is in this political thread, and it is good to be passionate about things, it is this type of bickering that can really tear into all of the good things on THIS forum.

I'm out...

Come on! What? Were you an only child?

Last edited by 2x6spds; 04/14/12 05:25 PM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
BobKay #373350 04/14/12 05:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I hope this thread does remain civil, there is interesting points made from both sides/points of view here. On a sidenote, the only US news reporter I liked over the last few years was Lou Dobbs. To me, he seemed unbiased.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters