Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Re: Pursuing the Truth In Audio You Say?
Ian #372401 04/07/12 05:52 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Chess, when did you become a moderator?

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

CatBrat #372402 04/07/12 05:54 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Originally Posted By: dakkon
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I'm at the "I don't care point" with these issues. I never even bother to read the messages (about this topic) on the other sites anymore.

Cat, i think that almost all of us who currently own the product have the same view.. However, potential new customers may be dissuaded from buying Axiom if they read the forums, and formulate an opinion off of what they read. In the long run axiom would not be able to gain market share, which would limit their future ability to increase capital and R&D money...

Perhaps, but, my reading the messages isn't going to help anyone.

You are 100% right about that.
I am looking for a new HT setup for my home and for the last 3 months have been looking at many brands.
I am not able to go out and "audition" and speakers so I am relying on other peoples experiences and so called "professional" reviews.
I had never heard of Axiom before, but when it was recommended to me I decided to check them out.
After going to the site and seeing the choices of speakers and that the fell in the $ of what I was wanting to spend, I then set off to the forums to find out opinions of those had or do own Axioms.
First stop as always was AVS, where I found alot of positive info until I ran into "gtpsuper24" who went out of his way to bash everything about Axiom.So from there I moved onto the Blu-ray.com forum and ran into the same guy again, and then finally to the Audioholics forum and there again with nothing but negativity.
And I have to admit reading all these negative comments from several different people it really made me remove Axiom from my list that I was considering for purchase, but now after all this new information coming out I will give them a second look.
Just my 2 cents that yes negative comments can definitely can hurt a company.

Thanks
Rustolem

Mits WD-92840
Sony BDP-CX960
Yamaha RX-A3000
Axiomv3 M80's,VP180,QS8s
HSU VTF-3MK4 Sub
PanamaxM5400
grunt #372403 04/07/12 06:03 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Originally Posted By: grunt
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon

JBall is one of the few people I have on ignore here. Audioholics is the site that brought me to Axiom, yet I'll never visit them again

What Chris said!

P.S. Haven’t read anything at Audioholics for a couple years, lost credibility when they started reviewing the products they were selling.
[b][/b]
Wow never really thought of that, you hit the nail on the head. I didn't realize until a few months ago that Audioholics had and actual online store. Which does make it kinda hard to give credence to a supposed impartial review from someone who is also selling the product.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Rustolem

Mits WD-92840
Sony BDP-CX960
Yamaha RX-A3000
Axiomv3 M80's,VP180,QS8s
HSU VTF-3MK4 Sub
PanamaxM5400
Wid #372405 04/07/12 06:11 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Wid

Chess, when did you become a moderator?

Just calling it like i see it.
Rubberneckers move along.
The wreck is over.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Ian #372407 04/07/12 06:14 PM
J
connoisseur
connoisseur
J
Rustolem, do you know you can order Axiom speakers, try them in your home for 30 days (that leaves you time to set them up properly for a good listen), and send them back if you don't like them.

when i got mine, M80's, i had a bad midrange driver; i wrote Axiom and a few days later i had a new driver in the mail.

from that moment on, i never looked back and after many months owning them, i'm still struck with wonder at how good those speakers are.

it's not everything that sounds good with Axiom speakers, in fact they're so good that they will show you instantly when a recording is not of top quality.

there's a good appreciation of Axiom speakers written by an audio engineer here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95875&page=110
Post 2181.

Also: welcome to the Axiom forum. :-)

P.S.: you can also check if someone in your area would be willing to give you a demo of his Axiom speakers; have a look here:
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=184230#Post184230

Last edited by J. B.; 04/07/12 06:24 PM.
Ian #372408 04/07/12 06:15 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Welcome Rust! Hang out a bit and enjoy the ride. If you decide to give Axiom a shot, I think you will like what you hear.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

Rustolem #372411 04/07/12 06:28 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Welcome aboard...but just for the record ntrain over at AVS is a troll and some of the members have pointed out.

Othwerwise...good luck in your speaker pursuit...I know you've received many matter of opinions over at Avs in the end it's your decision.... smile

Ian #372419 04/07/12 07:48 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Thanks everyone.
Right now my choices have been narrowed down to either Klipsch system with the RF-7ii's for mains and the Axiom with the M80 for mains.
My room is 19x19 8'ceilings,the majority of my listening is movies, bluray or dvd, DirectvHD, Xbox gaming and music.
I am by no means an audiophile, but I don't it loud and with all the bass it can handle.
Was leaning towards the RF-7's for the 2 10" subs in each cabinet thinking they could handle all the base I need in 2 channel mode for music.
And wasn't sure if the M80 could match that.

Mits WD-92840
Sony BDP-CX960
Yamaha RX-A3000
Axiomv3 M80's,VP180,QS8s
HSU VTF-3MK4 Sub
PanamaxM5400
Ian #372420 04/07/12 07:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I can't compare.... but the 80's have plenty of bass for music. It will be room and placement dependendent (as with all speakers).

M3 and
M80
Ian #372421 04/07/12 08:24 PM
devotee
devotee
Originally Posted By: Ian
There was some talk after the store first opened of selling our products in the store, which would then at least change it to a quasi-dealer relationship. After much pondering on this we decided that it simply did not fit with our business model and in the summer of 2009 we cut our ties with Audioholics. This resulted in Gene threatening me by saying that he had built the Axiom brand and he could destroy it.

In regards to the first line of this paragraph, Gene is making a business proposal. And why not? He saw the proverbial Goose that lays the golden eggs in Axiom's products. With regards to the second line of the paragraph, this is not a good scenario for Axiom, they took a good hard look at the proposal and (respectfully I'm sure) said thanks but no thanks. I'm guessing here, but I could think of a couple of reasons not to enter into this business venture: One would be that Axiom would lose some of it's leveraging ability, with regards to the sales of it's product. Secondly, this appearance may not look very classy in their eyes. Since Audioholics reviewed their product in the past,and continuing to do so in the future, this would lead people to conclude a bias or tainted view of their reviewing process.

After turning down this offer made to them, Axiom had little choice but to sever all ties with Audioholics, because they would never again be able to receive a totally fair and unbiased review. Now, I'm not saying that Axiom's product reviews would've been trashed at every corner, some might come back reviewed as good. But maybe not quite as good as other products sitting in the Audioholic store.

Now to the third line, a threat made, and a threat enacted. Could what Gene had written been truthful? Absolutely. Could what Gene had written been an out&out lie? Absolutely, we will probably never know. The facts speaks for themselves. What motive or vendetta would this kid have against Ian? Who was the person making this threat? Who's computer was in question? Who, by these actions could have stood to benefit the most by them?

Where I was growing up people had a saying; If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, then it must be a Duck.

Its good to see Gene's responding comments, and I hope through his investigation more will become known because the tide has now turned. Now it's not Ian trying to clear his and his company's name, but rather it's Gene.

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters