AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (bridgman, CV), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22849 Topics
403712 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17753
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13323
CV 11162
MarkSJohnson 10853
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#374306 - 04/25/12 05:55 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
Happy Birthday tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Scott, do tell! You never cease to intrigue.

David, I don't think there is anything "unreal" or inferior about bourbon. It's "different" than Scotch, and perhaps lacks the cachet due to a number of factors (not the least of which are price and Eurosnobbery). My opinion is that American Whiskey is no less noble than Scotch Whisky. I suppose you could make a case that Scotch can be more complex because of the peat, but something isn't necessarily "better" because it is more "complex".

Drink what you like. Honestly, I really wish that I enjoyed Scotch more, because there is obviously tremendous variety and richness in the products.

#374307 - 04/25/12 05:55 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
I've always thought spending a week on the Whisky Trail in Scotland would be a lot of fun. http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/

#374308 - 04/25/12 06:12 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: michael_d]
Andrew Offline
Axiom Engineer
veteran

My go-to Islay has been Lagavulin for many years. Unfortunately I still remember the days of being able to pick up a bottle for around $75 and it's now closer to $120, so I don't have a bottle going as often as I'd like. Lately I've been sampling the Buichladdich distillery products, which is actually an old name that has recently been re-born. I've only had a chance to try some of their un-peated selections, but I note that they now have a line of heavily-peated choices if that's your thing.

#374310 - 04/25/12 07:21 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
Happy Birthday tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma

#374315 - 04/25/12 07:46 PM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
fhw Offline
devotee

Loc: London, ON
Can't go wrong with Glenfiddich--it's like the Chardonnay of single-malts. The first time I tried an Islay scotch I thought I was going to wretch...and then I was introduced to the "Godfather" cocktail. It's a scotch (the smokier the better) with a splash of Amaretto over ice.

I am on the brink of moving away from tequila as my beverage of choice.

Couldn't tell much of a difference between Lagavulin and Bowmore, but like them both. Interestingly, the bottler McLelland's now has a line of budget single-malts (30-35 CAD) from every part of Scotland. Hope to try the Islay in the next few weeks.

#374347 - 04/26/12 12:04 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: tomtuttle]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Scott, do tell! You never cease to intrigue.

David, I don't think there is anything "unreal" or inferior about bourbon. It's "different" than Scotch, and perhaps lacks the cachet due to a number of factors (not the least of which are price and Eurosnobbery). My opinion is that American Whiskey is no less noble than Scotch Whisky. I suppose you could make a case that Scotch can be more complex because of the peat, but something isn't necessarily "better" because it is more "complex".

Drink what you like. Honestly, I really wish that I enjoyed Scotch more, because there is obviously tremendous variety and richness in the products.

Yeah, I was joking about the "real whisky thing. That reminds me, Last time we were in Mexico there was a European couple that was giving me a hard time for drinking good ol American whiskey

#374348 - 04/26/12 12:04 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: terzaghi]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Woohoo, 18 days until vacation!

#374351 - 04/26/12 12:10 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: michael_d]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: michael_d
I've always thought spending a week on the Whisky Trail in Scotland would be a lot of fun. http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/

How many stops before you fall off?

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#374377 - 04/26/12 09:57 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: tomtuttle]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia

I stopped at Woodford Reserve on the road trip I took a couple years ago. It's my go-to bourbon now. smile

#374379 - 04/26/12 10:02 AM Re: A question for the Scotch drinkers... [Re: a401classic]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Originally Posted By: a401classic
Okay, who else can honestly type "Ah, the distilling days!"

Well, actually, I can!

But you're right, Amie is awesome!

Does making moonshine count? Still not equal to Amie's Awesomeness though.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.