AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, J. B.), 123 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22898 Topics
404622 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10901
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

Page 14 of 33 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#358483 - 11/10/11 11:54 PM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: BobKay]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: BobKay
The interesting part.

Now, that's interesting.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#362549 - 01/03/12 04:39 PM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: fredk]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
Kanine Karma = ďGood morning, Picasso"

No, I donít have Ganser Syndrome, yet. This is a cheery tale for the New Year.

About 8 weeks ago, I poked Mr. Watson in the eye with my finger. It usually gets his attention, but this time, no go. Iím kidding. I was walking to the bathroom and I didnít know he was on my heels. I turned right, he didnítóright pinky to his left eye. He was furiously rubbing it the next a.m., so we went to the vet. No damage, just severe irritation from his rubbing. E-collar and 3x per day eye drops.

10 days later heís looking pretty good, so we remove his head funnel. That lasted about 15 minutes before he was at it againóreplace collar, add eye drops. 5 days later, no improvement, back to the vet. Now heís punctured his cornea with his dew claw. Amazingly, there is, for minor damage like his, a restorative cornea solutionó3x a day, w/collar. This is all now in itís 9th week.

On Saturday morning, New Yearís Eve, I woke up late. Mr. Watson was lying at the bottom of the bed. I tried to talk to him, but I was slurring my words and had a minor headache. I tried again, same thing. Shitola! Iím haviní a stroke! No, wait. I watched my octogenarian Dad have over 10 of Ďem. I know all of the signs and I wasnít feeling at all terrible.

I got up to s, s, & s, and went to the bathroom to begin 3rd ďsĒ. Did Bill hang a 1930ís Picasso portrait over the bathroom mirror before I got up? Nooo, itís me! Why doesnít my left eye work and why is the right side of my mouth in the shirt pocket of my PJís? Well F-me to China! Iím not having a stroke!! Itís Bellís Palsy! So, Iím off to the ER. Not the ER a mile from home, MY hospital, 25 miles from home, in downtown Boston----on New Yearís Eve, oh, yes!

When I got there, around noon, it was quiet. Boston has a 30-year old First Night tradition. 4-midnight, 750,000 people. During my 9 hours there, I watched it get busy, then very busy, crazy busy, then simply crazy. There were parallel parked gurneys along every adjacent corridor wall, occupied. This new Sumner R. Redstone (huge a-wipe) Memorial ER has been open only 6 monthsóand itís now full!

Many are in costumes, some are writhing and groaning, some are KOíd, some catatonic, but theyíre ALL ON THEIR CELL PHONES! A man was there with his 8-year old daughter whimpering beside him. On my way to EKGville, I passed him and looked over his shoulder. He was playing Tetris.

Luckily, 9 pm was still early for New Yearís Eve, so I managed to sneak out of the city without any trouble, Bellís Palsy diagnosis firmly in pocket, along with my steroid script.

So now I have to put drops in my left eye 3x per day. Unlike Bandit, I also have to take steroids, exercise my face (yeah, like thatíll be a problem) and massage it. Iím too lazy for that one, so I smear butter on it, lay flat on the floor and let Bandit lick at it for 15 minutes. (Oh, címon! If you guys knew a hooker thatíd do that to you in exchange for Ĺ tablespoon of butter, your families would never see you.)

The really crappy part is that I have to stay away from ďexcessive dust and fumes.Ē That dovetails nicely with the cabinet and paint jobs Iím supposed to be starting, but at least Bandit will have full 24-hour concierge service in the meantime.

So, what goes around comes around. All dogs may go to heaven, but they get even before they leave.

DOG WINS!

#362580 - 01/03/12 10:29 PM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: BobKay]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada

About 8 weeks ago, I poked Mr. Watson in the eye with my finger. It usually gets his attention, but this time, no go. Iím kidding. I was walking to the bathroom and I didnít know he was on my heels. I turned right, he didnítóright pinky to his left eye. He was furiously rubbing it the next a.m., so we went to the vet. No damage, just severe irritation from his rubbing. E-collar and 3x per day eye drops.

10 days later heís looking pretty good, so we remove his head funnel. That lasted about 15 minutes before he was at it againóreplace collar, add eye drops. 5 days later, no improvement, back to the vet. Now heís punctured his cornea with his dew claw. Amazingly, there is, for minor damage like his, a restorative cornea solutionó3x a day, w/collar. This is all now in itís 9th week.

On Saturday morning, New Yearís Eve, I woke up late. Mr. Watson was lying at the bottom of the bed. I tried to talk to him, but I was slurring my words and had a minor headache. I tried again, same thing. Shitola! Iím haviní a stroke! No, wait. I watched my octogenarian Dad have over 10 of Ďem. I know all of the signs and I wasnít feeling at all terrible.

I got up to s, s, & s, and went to the bathroom to begin 3rd ďsĒ. Did Bill hang a 1930ís Picasso portrait over the bathroom mirror before I got up? Nooo, itís me! Why doesnít my left eye work and why is the right side of my mouth in the shirt pocket of my PJís? Well F-me to China! Iím not having a stroke!! Itís Bellís Palsy! So, Iím off to the ER. Not the ER a mile from home, MY hospital, 25 miles from home, in downtown Boston----on New Yearís Eve, oh, yes!

When I got there, around noon, it was quiet. Boston has a 30-year old First Night tradition. 4-midnight, 750,000 people. During my 9 hours there, I watched it get busy, then very busy, crazy busy, then simply crazy. There were parallel parked gurneys along every adjacent corridor wall, occupied. This new Sumner R. Redstone (huge a-wipe) Memorial ER has been open only 6 monthsóand itís now full!

Many are in costumes, some are writhing and groaning, some are KOíd, some catatonic, but theyíre ALL ON THEIR CELL PHONES! A man was there with his 8-year old daughter whimpering beside him. On my way to EKGville, I passed him and looked over his shoulder. He was playing Tetris.

Luckily, 9 pm was still early for New Yearís Eve, so I managed to sneak out of the city without any trouble, Bellís Palsy diagnosis firmly in pocket, along with my steroid script.

So now I have to put drops in my left eye 3x per day. Unlike Bandit, I also have to take steroids, exercise my face (yeah, like thatíll be a problem) and massage it. Iím too lazy for that one, so I smear butter on it, lay flat on the floor and let Bandit lick at it for 15 minutes. (Oh, címon! If you guys knew a hooker thatíd do that to you in exchange for Ĺ tablespoon of butter, your families would never see you.)

The really crappy part is that I have to stay away from ďexcessive dust and fumes.Ē That dovetails nicely with the cabinet and paint jobs Iím supposed to be starting, but at least Bandit will have full 24-hour concierge service in the meantime.

So, what goes around comes around. All dogs may go to heaven, but they get even before they leave.

DOG WINS!

Nice portrait. I'd keep that for next years Christmas cards.

Good luck with the Bells Palsy. It took my Niece almost two years to completely recover.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#362582 - 01/03/12 10:33 PM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: fredk]
Lampshade Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Holbrook, MA
I ate lunch with Bob yesterday. The Bells Palsy was actually quite charming on him. He reminded me of a classic black and white film movie actor but I can't quite place him.

Edited by Lampshade (01/03/12 10:33 PM)

#362597 - 01/04/12 07:54 AM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: Lampshade]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Bob and his "Cone of Shame."

I'm laughing with you!

#362600 - 01/04/12 08:50 AM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: Lampshade]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: Lampshade
I ate lunch with Bob yesterday. The Bells Palsy was actually quite charming on him. He reminded me of a classic black and white film movie actor but I can't quite place him.

Quasimodo?

#362601 - 01/04/12 08:52 AM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: BobKay]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
I really enjoyed Quasimodo in his early screwball comedies.

#362604 - 01/04/12 08:55 AM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: St_PatGuy]
J. B. Online   content
connoisseur

Loc: Quebec, Canada
how about Igor in Young Frankenstein?

#362606 - 01/04/12 08:59 AM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: fredk]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Originally Posted By: fredk

DOG WINS!

Nice portrait. I'd keep that for next years Christmas cards.

Good luck with the Bells Palsy. It took my Niece almost two years to completely recover.

Actually, Fred, that's a great idea! If I'm like your niece, I can get TWO Xmas' out of it!

A friend told me that my new smile looks like an Elvis sneer.
But Elvis never tried to have soup whith with that face on. When I attempt to eat, I look like a Medeival "trencher," but that's now fashionable a Panera, so I'll just go there.

#362631 - 01/04/12 10:58 AM Re: The Vatican Dumpster [Re: BobKay]
MarkSJohnson Online   happy
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH

I got up to s, s, & s, and went to the bathroom to begin 3rd ďsĒ.

I know it's kind of personal, but in which room do you do the other two "S's"?

I had to look up Bell's Palsy. I'm glad to hear the prognosis is very good.

I'd invite you up since you're not working anyway, but I'm afraid you'll scare my dog.

If Bill had made a slightly better photo of you in the funnel, I would have been able to make it into a great avatar.

Elizabethan, indeed.

Page 14 of 33 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 33 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.