Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: The Vatican Dumpster
BobKay #376403 05/16/12 11:02 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
FredK is unable to distinguish between hypocrites and Godly people.

I think what lies underneath this entire conversation is the progressive idea of moral relativism. Who are you to say that one culture is better than another? That one set of values is morally superior to another?

What emerges as the central axiom of this politically correct amoral creed is that thou shall not make moral distinctions! What is moral is that which is legal. What is immoral is that which is illegal, or hate speech which is certainly immoral. Hate speech may be defined, in part, as speech which makes moral distinctions which reflect poorly on any democratic constituency.

Therefore, it is important to teach our children that The Original American people who were gay and environmentally at peace with Mother Gaia, the World Goddess, lived in perfect harmony until their perfect culture was destroyed by the evil rapist heterosexual white Christian colonialists who were financed by the evil Jews.

I think I saw that placard at Occupy Wall Street. Maybe it was FredK who was holding the sign, I don't know for sure.

While pmbuko is fairly confident that future generations will look back upon our time with shame at those unevolved among us who believe that marriage should be reserved for men and women, I am fairly certain that the best among the future generations will look back and realize that a sexually immature sector of society who elevated that which feels good above all else, attempted to destroy the central institution of society, the family, and marriage between men and women, so they could justify their sexual libertinage, their desire to shtupp anything that moves, whatever the age, whatever the gender and ultimately, whatever the species, because after all, those people were ultimately unable to draw moral distinctions.

The Core distinctions? right or wrong. good or evil. productive or destructive. But hey, some think making such distinctions, well, that's hate speech.

Peace on!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
CatBrat #376410 05/17/12 01:15 AM
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
The moral of the story of Lot, though, is how city life, living amongst the ungodly, influences a person toward evil tendencies.

That's certainly one way of interpreting it, but I don't see it that way at all and I don't think a close reading of the text supports it. After all, Lot lived among them and considered himself part of the community. (He calls the Sodomites brothers in Genesis 19:6-8.)

The way I read it, the story is more about God's ability and willingness to rescue the righteous from bad situations -- in particular here, getting mixed up with a bad crowd.

I found a very detailed interpretation of this here.

2x6spds #376415 05/17/12 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
While pmbuko is fairly confident that future generations will look back upon our time with shame at those unevolved among us who believe that marriage should be reserved for men and women, I am fairly certain that the best among the future generations will look back and realize that a sexually immature sector of society who elevated that which feels good above all else, attempted to destroy the central institution of society, the family, and marriage between men and women, so they could justify their sexual libertinage, their desire to shtupp anything that moves, whatever the age, whatever the gender and ultimately, whatever the species, because after all, those people were ultimately unable to draw moral distinctions.

Now the mask is off and the truth behind your beliefs is revealed. You seem to think it's all about carnal pleasure, don't you. You're reducing human beings to libido incarnate. These are human beings you're talking about. Whole human beings. With all the same hopes, dreams, and desires as the rest of us. Is it right to use laws to discriminate based on individuals' innate qualities (e.g. gender, race, or sexual orientation)?

Also, your characterization that more gay people want to "shtupp anything that moves" than straight people do is simply confirmation bias. You're more likely to notice a flamboyant homosexual all over his date than you are to notice a straight guy all over his because you find it revolting and it's more likely to catch your eye.

Incidentally, the dating website okcupid pulled some interesting statistics from their 3.2 million user database and posted the results here a couple years ago. Pay particular attention to the first graph detailing the number of sexual partners reported by straight vs gay people. It may help you realize that your characterization of homosexuals is unfair.

BobKay #376418 05/17/12 02:25 AM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Actually, I wasn't talking about just gay people. I think the progressive attack on morality is rooted in an adolescent resentment of societal restrictions on sexual behavior.

The gay community has suffered greatly from its bath-house culture, but that is not significantly different from the behavior of swappers, pedophiles, drooling adolescent males, and all those who attack society for those values and mores which would limit the unrestrained expression of human sexuality.

If gays now seek to mainstream their behavior by seeking to expand the definition of marriage to include homosexual marriage, they have not done the institution any favors in my opinion.

Sorry if you didn't understand that or if I did not make it sufficiently clear.

2x6spds #376422 05/17/12 02:56 AM
I appreciate the clarification. I don't see swappers, pedophiles, or drooling adolescent males trying to get any laws changed, though. Gays simply want to be recognized as fully human and be granted the same rights as other "mainstream" humans are granted.

BobKay #376493 05/17/12 06:41 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
They have all the civil rights any person has. They are free to marry ... a human of the opposite gender.

Not everyone decides to marry.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 05/17/12 06:42 PM.

2x6spds #376508 05/17/12 10:23 PM
BobKay Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
I'll bet your parents wished they could get back all the money they spent for those Dale Carnegie courses you went to.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #376519 05/18/12 01:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Pretty much my view on the matter:

INANE #376523 05/18/12 01:52 AM
The kid has a point.

BobKay #376526 05/18/12 02:05 AM