AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
4 registered (Boltron, SirQuack, Da_Gimp_Pimp, onn), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22849 Topics
403746 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13323
CV 11166
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377514 - 05/30/12 01:08 PM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Wow, it's great to see so many aviation buffs around here ... those are some nice rides. Jack a friend of mine has a UPF-7 identical to the one you have pictured, his Waco and another friend's Stearman are the only old school biplanes I've flown but I have a couple of hundred hours flying the Gruman G164 Ag-Cat. Several years ago I did some work around the Homestead, Fl area and had a chance to meet Curtis Pitts and saw a sevral of his airplanes at his airstrip there in Homestead, he was really a neat guy.

Here's what I took my biennial flight review in last week, this belongs to a pilot who works next door to our service, it's an Extra 300...

smile

#377535 - 05/30/12 02:43 PM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

Since we are looking at aircraft pics, I dug up a few of 'Yours Truly' at work back around 2000 before I retired in 2002. There are no supersonic blade tips here, ha!

The ramp pic shows part of 442 Sqn's (at Comox, BC) fleet of Buffalo fixed wing aircraft & Labradors at that time. The Buffs are still flying today but the Labs are long retired just like me!

The cruise ship 'Norwegian Sky' was off the north end of Vancouver Island enroute from Seattle to Alaska. We medevaced a very ill lady (from New York) to a land hospital where she recovered OK. It was a routine operation in good conditions with no particular drama, except for the large 'audience' onbard.

The smaller craft is a hoisting training mission with one of CFB Comox's Crash Boats.

TAM

#377559 - 05/30/12 05:35 PM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
Happy Birthday tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Just want to say how much I enjoy and appreciate these stories and pictures. Thank you, gentlemen.

And I've got some free tickets to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Stop by some time.

#377567 - 05/30/12 06:05 PM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: RickF]
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Rrck, that is one cool looking plane in which you took your flight review.

My nephew, the pilot, is also building an airplane. It is a hummelbird. This is a photo of one (not his). Looks pretty fragile and flimsy to me.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#377576 - 05/30/12 06:57 PM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
RickF Offline
axiomite

While we're at it...

Here's my work plane, it's an Air Tractor AT-502. That's an Experimental RV-10 in the background, super nice and fast four place airplane with an all glass instrument panel.

With Robert, the ground supervisor who keeps our planes on the move and the little guy in the background is a Piper J-5 Cub...

Those are great pics everybody and really awesome pics Tom! Our son is in the U.S. Coast Guard training to be a crew member on the HH-65 Dolphin helicopter.

smile

#377615 - 05/31/12 08:02 AM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: RickF]
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

I haven’t checked in with this thread for a few days. These are some great pictures and great stories. I think I am starting to see how life works for Rick; he gets up, goes to the airport, and then flies around all day in a very cool plane. After this he goes home and listens to his audio system. I don’t really see any flaw in that program. That AT-502 is huge; looks pretty much like all engine and cargo. Hopefully I do get a chance to get to Florida and go for a spin in it.

I got my introduction to private aviation from my friend’s dad back when we were in High School. He had a float plane. It was one of those things that from the first flight I knew I had to do this.

#377616 - 05/31/12 08:16 AM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Ian]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Originally Posted By: Ian
I think I am starting to see how life works for Rick; he gets up, goes to the airport, and then flies around all day in a very cool plane. After this he goes home and listens to his audio system. I don’t really see any flaw in that program.

Ian, you forgot to mention location... Sunny Florida.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm jealous of Rick's life too! smile

#377617 - 05/31/12 09:07 AM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
RickF Offline
axiomite

Ian I sure wish it were as simple as that!

And Mark, go ahead and be envious ... it's 90 degrees with 70% humidity and June 1st (which BTW is the official kickoff to the hurricane season) isn't even here yet.

Just how jealous were you again? grin

smile

#377618 - 05/31/12 09:09 AM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
OK. Point Taken.

I'm SEASONALLY jealous of you! wink

#377620 - 05/31/12 09:12 AM Re: For all the Pilots / WWII Buffs . . . [Re: Amie]
RickF Offline
axiomite

As I am of you! smile

smile

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.